Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta 293 - Winter Festival

Default Delta 293 - Winter Festival

The following changes/fixes/additions have been applied to the Live shards on Tuesday, December 20th, 2016.

• Istaria has been plunged into a quick and cold winter! All across the land, green land has been blanketed in a cold sheet of snow.
    • Mysterious present-shaped mimics have been spotted popping up everywhere in the world, from the Lesser Aradoth to Harro and the edge of the Eastern Deadlands. Some intuitive Gifted have even managed to take them in as pets.
    • Superior Antidote now requires a rating of at least 100 to use (instead of level 114).
    • Updated the Gem Golem spawns west/northwest of the Tower of Healing Canyons.
    • Primal Alacrity, Primal Health, Gift of Velocity, and Primal Restoration now can be used while costumed.
    • You must now properly complete The Hidden Dragon: Recovering Knowledge to be able to pick up The Hidden Dragon: Primal Restoration.
    • Lethal Poison is now even more lethal.
    • Son of Gigaroth’s Entangled debuff now gives a Deadly Poison instead of a Lethal.
    • Gerix now sells a Sandstone Strength Wing Scale.
    • Sheep and cows now have properly capitalized names.
    • Ancient Barasavian Charm now refers to Magic Defense instead of MagDefense.
    • Aura of the Forgotten now allows you to correctly loot the Faded Souls for their Recovered Memories.
    • The quest “Memories of the Forgotten (Part 2)” now correctly asks for 12 memories in the quest step instead of 16.
    • Rift Spirit Form now properly allows you to damage mobs in the Rift.
    • Rift Spirit Form no longer turns you into a sparkly ghost. Instead, you are now a ghostly version of your own character’s design!
    • Fixed quest “Farmer Idamon's Chicken Troubles” so that the egg step says “Loot” instead of “Collect”
    • “Avenge the Fallen” and “Remnants of the Artifact” and “Pacifying the Angry” quests from the Tower of Healing now all give XP and Coin upon completion and have had various fixes and tweaks.
    • Quest “The NRRI needs your help!” is now “The NRDF needs your help!”
    • Amulet of Scorpus now properly has 5% chance to trigger the buff Moderate Poison Immunity
    • Updated the description and effect of the Pulsing Artifact Fragment tech kit.
    • Amulet of Istara tech kit now applies a name modification to the item it is installed into, has a correct description, and applies to the proper statistics/skills.
    • Seal of the Clerical Order tech kit is now fixed and given out as part of the “Avenge the Fallen (Part 2)” quest.
    • Sshranu has researched his recently discovered potion formula more, and has made a new prototype that he has mailed to all apprentices who have helped him before. (Polymorph Splash Potions have been added, and been given to players who have completed the quest)
    • Druid’s Growth will, temporarily, only give Lesser Growth until the issues can be resolved.
    • Quest “Trials of the Gifted: Test of Knowledge” no longer refers to Jarl and has an updated timeline.
    • Lethal Poison now lasts only 5 minutes and does no recurring damage, but after nearly 5 minutes will kill you if not cured.
    • Guild: Amon now has an outgoing portal.
    • Corrected the terrain near one of the Guild: Amon plots so that the plot boundaries are no longer on the cliffside.
    • Blighted Brambles no longer gives a Lethal Poison, but does damage over time directly.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Default Re: Delta 293 - Winter Festival

Love it! Now let me IN!!!!

Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

No mention of Sshranu's potions being fixed to allow 2 per batch? Or is this the wrong patch for that?

It must've been missed as a patch note but yes, Sshranu's potions are fixed with this delta.

I've noted there's no mention of double exp in this Delta either, but I do remember the date being set for the twentieth. There will probably be a separate announcement post made for it.

Please note: The Rift Spirit Form preventing hoard consumption and use of hoard consuming abilities is a known issue that's being worked on.

you also need to fix the form given by the hidden dragon as he gives the same spirit form type, and hoard usage is impossible as well. plus that glow is very annoying in that form for the resurrection spell. can't see anything (same as the old rift form)

They're both caused by the same issue - I just mentioned the Rift's spirit form because it's the most well known version of the bug.

I'll see if I can lessen the glow effect at all so it's not so overbearing.

OK, don't know if these are intended or not. No double XP. Boooo Hiss hisss.
    I am running around as a lvl 77 Reaver and up till today only been able to get quests lvl 80 or below as has always been in past. Today after maintenance I am offered all quests from everyone lvl 1 to lvl 100. Is this intended?
    When will double XP be offered? If at all?
    Thanks Slimey on Order

Double EXP is supposed to be up but for some reason it's not functioning. We're looking into it.

The constraints on quests issue is very odd and we're aware of it, but we're still looking into it. We didn't change anything with how quests are constrained to my knowledge.

Love the presents! Some really nice changes applied here, thank you! :-)

Double xp seems to be working now. Will that last for the entire festival?

Minor bug: Malluira, in Bristugo is talking about a pet present I guess? She keeps referring to it, but there's no pet by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Double xp seems to be working now. Will that last for the entire festival?
    It will last untill January. While the event ends in February.

Minor bug: Malluira, in Bristugo is talking about a pet present I guess? She keeps referring to it, but there's no pet by her.
    This is due to a missed file in the patch, I'm unsure whether it can be turned on as we're working on the next delta already but we're looking into it.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

So is that "until January", meaning January 1st? Or through January?

So is that "until January", meaning January 1st? Or through January?
    We have not yet fully settled on an end date, it will either be January 17th or the 24th.

Seems that the present spawns are much rarer today than yesterday.

Looted over 650 ornaments yesterday, should be able to estimate from that, how many I killed. Nada. Drop rate seems to be about 1 in 750 to 1 in 1000, not sure that's the intended rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Seems that the present spawns are much rarer today than yesterday.

Looted over 650 ornaments yesterday, should be able to estimate from that, how many I killed. Nada. Drop rate seems to be about 1 in 750 to 1 in 1000, not sure that's the intended rate.
    Drop rate for all presents is around 1%, I have double checked all of them.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I got a purple and a blue, the latter after like 10 presents and the former after about 300. RNGesus is your friend or your foe here - another friend of mine already has 4 with 3/5 colors

Some additional feedback.

The spawns seem to vary from day to day. If I had to guess, I would say it is just the server hitting spawn limits. We've seen in the past, certain areas where say dim wisps will not spawn, or sand crabs, etc.

North half of lesser aradoth, I found only a single blue, south half sound about 7. But that island has pretty heavy variety and quantity of native mobs, so I guess it is really not surprising to see the presents being sparse.

Good spot for red: southeast peninsula in eastern deadlands. Directly northeast of the north end of draak, or east across the water from the fyakki.

Purple weren't too bad in char, and found a decent amount between south gate and selen.

Orange and purple are all mixed together around kirasanct, and north of there and east to old rachival.

Purple and green were mixed a bit just northeast of dalimond.

Still looking for a good blue spawn.

Basically, if you aren't finding any, and the area normally has good quantity spawns of the native populations, try elsewhere.

Loving all the snowy landscape. Tower of Nature and Aubadrine all snowy, purplish leaves. Looks neat.

South Gate to Selen today didn't have many present mimics. So just keep looking, spawns definitely change day to day.

Festival grounds has all tiers, so lower level players should avoid it since the Reds will one shot you. If there spawn is good, can support 2 maybe 3 ppl, if not, just 1 (so if someone is there, just go elsewhere).

Bitter Pickle has orange presents but it's t4. Sanctuary (Floating City area) has t4 mobs but orange presents also. (not a big deal really)

Found a spot in middle of nowhere with like 8 purple presents. Killed them, came back later, nada. So these present mimics might be linked spawns. So kill what you find, move on is best strategy.
    Last edited by Guaran; December 22nd, 2016 at 04:11 PM.

Of all the presents, the blue is the hardest to find. Only ever find 2 to 6 when flying over the entire lesser aradoth region. Genevia, maybe 2 to 4 for the whole island. Need to be more blue spawns. Green haven't been easy to find either.

Why not add blues to spawn on a few of the old starter islands? New Vassarack could add blue spawns. New Brommel add all 5 tiers.

Thread Information