Thread: Text Bug

Default Text Bug

I am getting an odd bug where the text starts to break down after extended game play (perhaps an hour or so.) Whenever I hover over icons, instead of displaying popups in English, I get popups consisting of weird hieroglyphics. I've uploaded a screen shot of what I'm seeing, to give a better idea:

Default Re: Text Bug

Another similar bug I am frequently encountering when I try to chat in game:

My first question would be, do you play in windowed mode? I do not believe we have looked into this issue much yet, but if I'm not mistaken, if you maximize your istaria window (or just resize and put it back on maximize), this bug should dissapear.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I do play in windowed mode, and just tried resetting it in full screen mode with the same results. I'll try doing a reinstall to see if that corrects it. I guess it could be a corrupted file, since I seem to be the only one encountering this issue.

Reinstall seems to have corrected whatever issues were there.. so I'm going to tentatively chalk this up to a corrupted file Hopefully I don't have any more issues with this.

Thanks, Liseth, for the help

Still encountering the issue, unfortunately. It's very strange.. sometimes I'll hover over a button or icon, and the popup is pure gibberish. Other times, it'll show correctly.

One thing of note is that I never had this issue prior to the latest update. That would suggest that the update might be causing the issue? But it doesn't seem like any of the changes were designed to impact that aspect of the game.

I have seen this happening but for me it was not a problem moving away from the hovering normaly did get rid of it and it was very intermittend, no real patterning to it except maybe long play for over 5 hours. I thought it to be a memory issue or something the like. If I'm not mistaken playing I have the 64bit program with 16gbit internal memory

I can live with the popups being in gibberish, since for the most part I don't "need" to be able to see that. What is extremely frustrating is the chat bug variant of it. Not being able to read what I'm writing poses some issues. On top of that, when the chat does seem to be working properly, I'll occasionally encounter issues where my chat disappears when I reach the right limit of the chat box (instead of it scrolling to the right as it normally would.)

Reinstall will not fix this. This bug has been around for many many years, maybe from day 1.

Adjusting the font size will snap the text back. And setting the font size 1 or 2 down from default (which I think is 12) usually helps keep it from occurring.

But I am not sure how to adjust the font size on the tooltips popups... Maybe adjusting font size in the primary chat window will have some effect.

I encounter this bug sometimes on all the signs on istaria in game not just in text. The strange text it seems to be another language. It reminds me of Japanese characters, I hope this helps narrow it down.

The chat line bug is old, though been awhile since I've had it happen to me. The sign bug I think might be a little "newer" it cropped up when the game had to upgrade to more modern operating systems than the game was created in. Supposedly the sign bug was fixed as you can see in this thread. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...and-Road-signs

But it wasn't. When I went to say it was still happening I found the thread locked so I didn't bother making a fuss as everyone else seemed convinced it was fixed. The strange fonts show up sometimes in formula creation window in the item title line at top as well. I don't play my biped enough to know if there is any weirdness still with the weapon tricking display in creation window.

this bug also extends to the titles of windows. I can not read what lvl my vault is, it's just jibberish when I open it and see the scriblings instead of an actual title.

I believe we are back to square one with this age old bug, with the fact that in the process of all these updates, no one is taking care to include proper driver support for certain video card brands. we have had numerous accounts in which NVidia has had issues. Sometimes it required 3rd party drivers to fix. Ati has also had it's bad days in Istaria, like when people fell through the floor in floating island and had to reset their preferences, because it actually corrupted a file in process.

Just another picture to show the bug manifesting itself during a loading screen:

Thread Information