Thread: Is it possible for a quest to get stuck?

Default Is it possible for a quest to get stuck?

I got a quest to loot 14 brownback pelts near King's Cross. After about 15 kills, I had 13 pelts. Then nothing... I killed around 15-20 more, still nothing. So I started keeping track. I have now killed at least 125 wolves without getting that 14th pelt. I've re-logged, ran out of the area and come back, etc. Nothing will allow me to get that 14 pelt.

Is it possible for a quest to get stuck somehow? These pelts only drop when the quest is active. Would there be something that makes the game think the quest is inactive now maybe?

Or does the random number generator just really not like me?

*edit* I just checked my inventory. I do have the 14 pelts on me. The quest counter missed one I guess. I will try deleting one and see if that "unsticks" the quest

*edit #2* Yep, that was the problem. I deleted one of the pelts from inventory and the next kill, I got the 14th pelt.

So it was a problem with the counter missing one of the pelts I looted, but the quest was looking at the number of pelts in inventory and not letting any more pelts drop maybe?

Default Re: Is it possible for a quest to get stuck?

If some how you started with 1 in inv. that will screw it up or it did miss 1, strange things can happen sometimes with lag.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Sometimes the quest item is also re-used in more than one quest.

I had this happen to me, I had saved an abomination head (abom something) from an old quest, got a new recent quest, required looting them from kills, only 9 would drop. The 10th I already had on me prevented the item from dropping.

To fix these kinds of issues, the item should drop while counter expects the item, regardless of count on the player.

Also, quests should not recycle items from other quests. In a rare situation where someone has both quests at the same time, an insufficient quantity would drop to be able to turn in both quests. Luckily I do not think too many quests have this issue.

I remember hitting it on a low level quest on New Trismus. I had to collect cedar cones from the cedar treants, I think, and something similar happened. That's the only other time I remember seeing this.

Yeah, if the drop was tied to the quest counter, and not to inventory, that would probably fix it.

Thread Information