Thread: Blighted Jewelry + Tech = no random stats?

Default Blighted Jewelry + Tech = no random stats?

Just for fun I farmed up some mats to make two blighted bronze armor rings, and tech'd them with unarmed.

Both rings I crafted have +3 Armor and +5 Unarmed, and nothing else.. but still have the 250/250 charge to deplete and all. I'm guessing it's bugged and should have random stats as blighted stuff usually does, as otherwise it seems kinda pointless!

Default Re: Blighted Jewelry + Tech = no random stats?

When you manually applied the unarmed tech, you lost the chance for random as there is no room for any more techniques.

A bronze ring is tier 1 and only allows 1 technique. So when you added Unarmed, there is no room left for more techs. The random stats are really random techniques (defined in a list specificially for blighted items) that get applied.

I'm not quite sure what would happen if you did this on, say a Mithril ring. That allows 3 tech slots.
    If you applied the Unarmed tech manually, that leaves 2 available tech slots left. In theory that would give you 2 random stats + the unarmed. But I've never tried that. Typically in the past, I've never added a technique manually since I wanted random stats.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

What really appears to be a bug is blighted forms allowing any tech at all to be applied. They didn't work this way until recently. Sorry I can't say exactly when I first noticed this anomaly.

You're right about that. You used to not be able to tech blighted gear. I think 1-2 years ago it was changed to allow that. I'm not exactly sure why. Perhaps because some blighted gear looks pretty cool and you want it for cosmetic purposes only but still want your own techs on it.

So if you just want a chance for some great (or terrible) random techs/stats placed automatically upon creation, don't tech it. Otherwise, tech it how you like (but you might miss out on some great random stats doing so).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information