Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abilities not resetting properly

Default Abilities not resetting properly

Use an ability and the timer seems to lock. Shield of gold, hero's resolve and several others. since the patch yesterday, this has been happening more than usual. I use the ability and says 5 minutes to recycle, 5 minutes later still says 5 minutes. After a short time, it does start to recycle again, but still starting at the original 5 minutes (or whatever that ability calls for)

Default Re: Abilities not resetting properly

I noticed this lockup at times too.

This has been around for quite a while, i noticed it happens more often during pvp. It sometimes gets to the point where all my abilities are on cooldown and I can use just auto attack.

Were you fighting withered aegis? Wraiths, Blights, and some others use Blighted Atrophy. This is +50% recycle (or something very close to that). Which means if you used Hero's Resolve while you had the debuff on you, the recycle would be 7 and a half minutes. So for 2.5 minutes, it stays fully greyed out. The timer will only count down once the remaining time drops below the abilities' normal recycle time.

If hunting in the Arena, Dragon ability Staggering Howl has a recycle modifier (-50%), and biped ability Dispirit is +50% delay, ice arrows have +10% recycle, Disconcert is +20% delay, Daunting Mist is +10% delay, and I am probably forgetting some.

Was it always like this? I dont remember seeing this problem until like last two months.

Yes. But for awhile recycle modifiers were bugged, and none worked. Blighted Atrophy didn't worsen recycle, and items with recycle reductions didn't work either. I believe they were all fixed last summer sometime. I can't recall how long they were broken, but it could have been a couple years.

My abilities on level up do not update. If I go up a level and my ability is updated up, nothing changes. I have to log out of the game for abilities to update. This has been this way since one of the deltas in December. Say I go to lvl 60 and multicast is supposed to go to multicast 2. It does not. I have to relog for it to ever happen. If at lower levels, you go from say level 20 to level 28, none of the upgrades or new abilities will show or work until a new log on. Thanks. Slimey on Order

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Were you fighting withered aegis? Wraiths, Blights, and some others use Blighted Atrophy. This is +50% recycle (or something very close to that). Which means if you used Hero's Resolve while you had the debuff on you, the recycle would be 7 and a half minutes. So for 2.5 minutes, it stays fully greyed out. The timer will only count down once the remaining time drops below the abilities' normal recycle time.

If hunting in the Arena, Dragon ability Staggering Howl has a recycle modifier (-50%), and biped ability Dispirit is +50% delay, ice arrows have +10% recycle, Disconcert is +20% delay, Daunting Mist is +10% delay, and I am probably forgetting some.
    I was in Dralknok's Doom, fighting maggots and the guards there in first hallways/chamber. I did however, notice it mainly happens in Doom. I don't pvp, I don't go to the arena. as for hero's resolve.. everytime I cast it outside the doom, the results are fine. I had no debuff that had any effect on hero's resolve and nothing should ever cause with it's timer to double the start time of it's recycle. also it would have to be much higher defuff than 50% to cause it to wait double it's recycle time to even start.

The timer count down was delayed from the time it was cast, not the time I was hit by any debuff. some things I cast on myself before a fight starts. I run up to the mob and the timer has NOT started it's countdown yet. no debuffs, no attacks, nothing and it was already locked

Please look into this issue, It is only happening in Doom, for me. not just once, but every time I'm down here

I do notice with the guards sometimes the abilities got delayed. I noticed that with the original gold rage that had 15 seconds not recharging properly years back. It also could be the guards casting stuff that delays the timer or could be something else.

It just happened to me with snowball, it took about two minutes before it started to cooldown again. i had no buffs or debuffs on me at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    I had no debuff that had any effect on hero's resolve...
    Did you have any debuffs at all? Really sounds like you had Blighted Atrophy on you. It's possible for whatever reason you aren't seeing all of your debuffs. Maybe the icon is missing. You might try a full scan.

and nothing should ever cause with it's timer to double the start time of it's recycle.
    It's not double, but it's enough that it takes 2.5 minutes before the timer starts showing the time as being below 5 minutes until it is recycled. For 2.5 minutes it stays 100% grayed out, after that it starts counting down.
    The timer count down was delayed from the time it was cast, not the time I was hit by any debuff.
    That's how that debuff works. If it lands on you after you use the ability, the ability recycle is unaffected.
    some things I cast on myself before a fight starts. I run up to the mob and the timer has NOT started it's countdown yet. no debuffs, no attacks, nothing and it was already locked
    Yeah that sounds like you had the debuff but didn't know it. Since you are in Doom fighting mobs that use Blighted Atrophy, you are in a place where the mobs use that debuff. Could also be some kind of lag that is causing a couple seconds delay before the icon shows up. Do you ever see blighted atrophy at all? Try cleansing yourself before each fight, even if you appear to not have any effects on you.

Mobs that use blighted atrophy that I can think of off the top of my head: Blights, Maggots, Aegis (ghosts, skeletons, wraiths, zombies), Blights in the Rift, Falgut and/or his adds. Probably some more.

I was in NT when it happened, only buff i had on me was snowball one, i dont think i had Atrophy on me. When i hovered over snowball on my hot bar it said 0:01 remaining but didnt actually let me use it until like minute or two later.

There is some new hinkyness with hotkeys, that could be related somehow. I know on hotkeys to equip a full suit of gear, will sometimes gray out when requirements are not met for just 1 piece out of 20. Like my bipeds crafting suits, the tool is part of the 20+ items being equipped. It might have a level 100 cog in it, but the toon is in a different school that doesn't meet the cogs' requirements. The WHOLE ******** button goes grayed out, when it shouldn't, and doesn't even need to. I should be able to press the hotkey anyway, equip all the crafting jwl and some of the gear at a minimum. Then I can craft as needed, doesn't matter than 1 tool didn't equip when I hit the button.

So another possibility, could be that the game for whatever reason thinks you don't meet requirements to use the ability. Hero's resolve has no requirements itself. If you make a hotkey that does more than one action, that could explain it. If the game thinks you don't meet the requirements to do just one of the actions/abilities in a hotkey with multiple steps, that could cause the same or similar behavior.

Hotkeys graying out is 100% un-necessary though. That functionality should be reverted to how it worked in the past. I try to equip 20 pieces of gear and I dont meet the requirements to use 1 item, it just gets passed over with a feedback message "You do not meet the requirements to use mithril smithing hammer.." etc, and the rest of the items equip.

I've had hot keys with only one action on them not recycle while other hot keys at the same time recycle as supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    It's not double, but it's enough that it takes 2.5 minutes before the timer starts showing the time as being below 5 minutes until it is recycled. For 2.5 minutes it stays 100% grayed out, after that it starts counting down.
    Please don't correct me, I have timed it. when it takes a 5 minute timer 5 minutes before it starts the countdown, that's double the debuff you are referring to (not 2.5 minutes) I literally sat down in a corner, and timed the counters restart. and No, I did not have any debuff on. I checked time and time again. I also had people with me when this has happened at different times.

I am also still having a lot of issues with my hotkeys when I log in.. and after using different one. it is still greying out others (no, they are not linked) things like armor hotkeys dim out, when I use one ability.. turn back on after using another. most times when I log into the game, 90% of my hotkeys are greyed out. there's an issue that needs looking into.. Please do so. Thanks
    Last edited by Malicore; January 24th, 2017 at 04:01 PM.

I am also still having a lot of issues with my hotkeys when I log in.. and after using different one. it is still greying out others (no, they are not linked) things like armor hotkeys dim out, when I use one ability.. turn back on after using another. most times when I log into the game, 90% of my hotkeys are greyed out. there's an issue that needs looking into.. Please do so. Thanks
    Submit a ticket, i haven't heard extensively of a bug like this (as in it doesn't seem to be a client-version bug to me because i haven't seen a single MP uproar lol) outside of a blight update a while ago which got fixed anyway.

my hotkeys stayed grey'd out when i log in for long time. Well most do, usually a couple will be ok but I use all 20 hotkey bars and 2 or 3 out of 200 is alot of greyd out ones. Eventually they will clear (most at least) if i wait 5 minutes or so, or I can do one of two things, either recall which clears them or right click one and select edit/save and that clears that hotkey bar only.

This has been going on long long time, want to say way back when they started fooling around with the fps settings but cant remember exactly when it was. I and most i have asked (theyve say ya happens to them too) have just learned to deal with it.

PS: you dont have to fully recall to clear them, just hit recall then cancel it and they will clear.

yes, using an ability, casting a spell, recalling/teleporting all these fix reset the hotkeys. but during fights, I notice some dim out and come back on while using different spells/abilities (nothing imparticular, mind you). there have been many people that have stated the same issue, Azath.

I have 3 computers, 3 accounts. doesn't matter if I log into all 3 on one. or spread them out. they all do the same thing. also, each computer has a different OS. one has win 10, one has win 7, and one has XP. so its also not bias to one OS

Only time ive noticed that,that is not Blighted Atrophy,is that my heal or buff locks when I try to heal playr in group and that player dies. that tends to lock the heal that I tried to use. and itgets locked for good 5 mins or so. just happened to me as I pulled 6 red presents,group member was dying and I tried to heal and didn't make it,the heal locked (teched Primal Health V) through alsmost entire fight with red presents,so about 4 or 5 mins.

(that was one interesting fight with only instant heal and breezes )

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thread Information