Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: on the limited use of cargo disk

  1. #1

    Default on the limited use of cargo disk

    dear all

    I have done some math on the usefullness of cargo disk.

    the time it takes with out a cargo disk is just walking to the point of pickup and then recalll back lets say t
    the time it takes to get a to and back with a cargo disk takes compaired to the privious time this is t+t/(1-speed recuduction)

    so I can take t+t/(1-speedreduction) load home for every time I get a load from a cargo disk home

    if formula were Cc is carying capisity od the cargo disk and Cn is the carying capisity with out cargo disk and sr stand for speed reduction

    (Cc+Cn) *t = Cn*( t + t/(1-sr) or simplyfied. Cc = Cn /(1-sr)

    As effect I don't see me using cargo disk for the time being.

  2. #2

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    since you can recall using a travel scroll.. cargo disk is much more efficient. despite the bad math you presented Also, I can gather and fill disk/pet and my backpack and even run back to a portal, and get to my plot in less time than you running back many times for the same amount of resources with no disk. one trip. less running back and forth. True, the beginner disks suck big time. but use a pet with 5000 bulk capacity and there you go

  3. #3

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    doesn't account for time taken form bind point -> suitable machine or vault or vault fill + suitable machine, nor the fact my biped's crago disk holds around 11-12x more than her inventory holds and 2.5x~ what her inv+pet holds. maybe the lower teir disks are less effective (which i also disagree with) but my t6 biped is waaay faster with a disk, ahaha.
    ~Cariseru, Ancient Dragon of Chaos~ - ~Arlexia, Saris Healer, Conjurer and and up-and-coming Crafter of Chaos~

    Pretty words done by Theeda Novelia of Chaos! (http://ferrety-lixciaa.deviantart.com/)

  4. #4

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    To my experience bind points are normally close to the places where can process, which are normally build plots which will also have housing and a Vault. My experience is very limited.
    This is different if you can process your materials efficiently in the field using field machines. But ad a certain point to get it to an efficient machine or vault. Where this calculation is true for.

    The formula stands for anywhere you have a situation where vault. Homing and workstation are close to gather and compares the situation where you can recall back without cargo disk and not with cargo disk.( if you can recall with cargo disk this is alway's preferable) You can do the calculation easily to see if using the cargo disk is useful.
    What is left is that Cargo disk can look better then they are.

    Think a tarbashís travestine disk should not be used if you carrying capisity is more then (13500*
    (1-0.35))=8775
    This can then be compaired the pet with backpack = 5000 +3400 = 8400
    Which is lower but add a sack or cargo gear to it and you are above this.

  5. #5

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    I realised that probably I made a mistake, the speed is calculated in on absolute way, not in % way this makes thing even worse.

    If this is the case then the formula becomes

    Cn = CC *(sp-sr)/sp where sp stands for the speed without cargo disk

    this (sp) is standard 50 but can be augmented (and probably is in most casses) but to be better then the previous formula one need a standart speed of 100.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    I tend to keep a lot of things in my inventory for ease of use so my gathering capacity isn't exactly optimal, but here's where I stand currently when I go to gather:

    Biped:

    Before disk:
    Total usable bulk = 8193
    Speed = 121

    After disk:
    Total usable bulk = 21693
    Speed = 86

    Percent increase in bulk = +164.77%
    Percent decrease in speed = -28.93%

    Dragon:

    Before disk:
    Total usable bulk = 8005
    Speed = 78
    Fly Speed = 128

    After disk:
    Total usable bulk = 21505
    Speed = 43
    Fly Speed = 78

    Percent increase in bulk = +168.64%
    Percent decrease in speed = -44.87%
    Percent decrease in fly speed = -39.06%

    Conclusion:
    The cargo disk more than doubles my carrying capacity and doesn't even cut my speed in half, leaving a large enough increase in my gathering capacity over time to make the slower speed worth it. My speed could be even higher (and thus increase the usefulness of the disk in the calculations) if I used consumables, but all the speed boosts I have come just from gifts, equipment, and masterables in the case of my biped. I also made sure to exclude the road bonus from these as you don't often get a convenient road between a resource field and where you're storing the materials, where roads are convenient, you will get even more use out of a disk.

  7. #7

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    I pulled the values you have given through the formula
    and yes you are better of for cargo disk for your biped and flying dragon (but just, a clean out and your are on the other side) , but not for your walking dragon.

    this is because if you lose 50% of your speed you need to gain 100% in carying capisity. also you forgot to subtract one ride because you can do recall. and you lose you advantage when you start sprinting. or using roads.

    This show the problems with estimations, Also before you can get a speed of 121 you need to have done quite a bid off work in an certain direction. not all of us will have done so.

    What I did give especially is a tool to check it the cargo disk will be helpfull
    Last edited by gkoster; January 12th, 2017 at 10:05 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    Think a tarbashís travestine disk should not be used if you carrying capisity is more then (13500*
    (1-0.35))=8775
    This can then be compaired the pet with backpack = 5000 +3400 = 8400
    Which is lower but add a sack or cargo gear to it and you are above this.
    Some one has not done their homework on cargo gear, or satchels. they do not carry all much extra, and actually not really worth the time to make and use. since you need to be specific level to use the cargo gear.. it makes it rather moot. and it's capacity?? pfft.. definitely don't make cargo gear for the capacity.. (all I can say). largest sack is what? 650 bulk? again, not a major thing

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    I pulled the values you have given through the formula and yes you are better of for cargo disk for your biped and flying dragon[...], but not for your walking dragon.
    I will agree that if I walked with my dragon while gathering that wouldn't exactly be optimal. But then again, walking also doesn't happen very often with that character since flying IS so much faster. So the walk speed on the dragon is largely irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    if you lose 50% of your speed you need to gain 100% in carying capisity.
    With the numbers I have, I don't actually lose 50% of my speed ever... even on the rare occasion where I do have to walk on the dragon. And I do have over 150% increase in carrying capacity with a disk, not 100% (yes this could be different if I cleaned out my inventory but I have other reasons for not doing that which I won't bother going into here) So a 150% increase in gathering capacity with only a 50% decrease in speed gives a good deal more in gathering efficiency since the only real travel issues would be between the nearest storage structure and the resource field. If you pull golems to you for example, you barely have to move at all while you're gathering so running between the spawn and the storage is your only travel.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    also you forgot to subtract one ride because you can do recall.
    On recalling, there are very few instances where recalling is the better option over just dragging the resource to the nearest vault or shop. And in that case, I either just don't use a disk or use a travel scroll depending on how much of the resource I need. If I need 10k of something, a disk will be used since it's faster overall, but if a full inventory/pet covers it I probably won't use a disk.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    you lose you advantage when you start sprinting. or using roads.
    I... don't see how either of these would mean you lose an advantage. In any case when you sprint or use a road, your efficiency goes up since you spend less time traveling between storage and spawns.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    Also before you can get a speed of 121 you need to have done quite a bid off work in an certain direction.
    I will admit that I have gotten my biped to quite an advanced stage, but it's really not that difficult to get to that 121 speed now that the base run speed has been upped from 50. Really the hardest thing on the list below to get is the t6 necklace since you have to have at least two classes to 100, hunt down the right pieces, and also find (or be) a jeweler with enough skill to craft it.

    Base speed = 65
    Fleet of Foot (passive gained at 38 Ranger, mastered at 76 Ranger) = +10
    Gift of Speed V (requires level 80 and 800 augmentation skill) = +10
    Speed crystal (best of the t4 versions/worst of the t5 versions) = +11
    Priceless Adamantium Necklace (crafted from broken jewelry pieces, requires 105 rating to equip) = +25
    Total = 121

    That's where my current gathering setup gets me, speed could go even higher if I used any of the following:
    Speed technique on the boots = +12 (The only reason I don't have this on my gathering suits is because I have them triple-teched with other things and speed wasn't a huge priority with how much I get already)
    Best possible speed crystal = +2 (total of +13 but here I'm swapping the speed crystal I currently have on the biped with the best)
    Quint's Quickstep Potion V = +10
    Swift Feet V = +14 for 2 minutes
    Spun Sugar (bought at summer festival but is painful to get much of) = +5
    (OR NOT AND)
    Cotton Candy (bought at summer festival but is painful to get much of) = +10
    Maximum without roads/sprinting = 169

    So counting only things that are easy to get (fleet of foot, gift of speed, speed boots, quickstep potion, swift feet) you get, oddly enough, 121 speed.

  10. #10

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Using a cargo disk is always more efficient than not using one. the capacity of cargo disks was carefully determined so that they would give more of a bonus than detriment.
    Over the years it has become more and more efficient to use disks due to the addition of more resource fields, more field machines(with storage), and more portals and pads. there is virtually nowhere now that a storage structure or portal is more than a short walk way from the resource field (except for some t6 resources). Travel scrolls make this transit even shorter

    Machaeons calculations are correct, if you calculate based on the bulk of material you carry, you always get at least 35% more using a cargo disk in the same amount of time you would if you were not using one.
    It's always better to use a disk, unless of course you are only gathering small amounts as Machaeon also stated.

  11. #11

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    On other believer in the bigness of a cargo disk. All I have to say math doesn't ley. And yes on high level where you have high speeds the cargo disk is a help. If you are in the process of levelling and don't have all optimized then you have to be very careful.

    If you are using field machines where there isn't a way to recall back you are right. however if you are using expert machines where there is normally a way to recall back then you are wrong the gain that is forgotten is the gain you get for not walking back and more portal make these even more lucrative as you can easily get to other positions.

    This is also the thing Machaeons forgot in his calculations I think you have to subtract 100% from the numbers he has given to correct for the call back effect.

    I thought you would never get above optimum speed when writing the formula but you can. So I have to correct the formula for that

    Cn = CC *min(100,sp-sr)/sp

    Where sp stands for the speed without cargo disk
    Where CC stands for the carrying capacity of the cargo disk
    Where sr stands for the speed reduction of the cargo disk.
    min is a section function for the lowest of the two values, (this because cargo disk limit speeds to 100)

    I also have to add the interpretation although itís obvious, if the calculated Cn is higher than your present carrying capacity without cargo disk then it is good to use one if it is lower it is bad to use one.

    Seeing this you come to the conclusion that the optimal speed to use is 135. Anything higher you lose and anything lower you lose in efficiently. This gives you for a good pack and a good pet cn= 8400 a gain in transport capacity for using a cargo disk of about 50%. But use any tempory upgrades like roads and you efficiency will go down. On roads however you don't gain anything at all and sprint would bring down you efficiency 20% down. So with effective sprint use you drop down to 34%. I think to maximum efficiency you can get out of a cargo disk is about 35%.

    So Garrick I'm sorry to say but your guess is wrong it not a minimal of 35% gain but a max of 35% gain!

    On the other end of the spectrum you have someone walking with the same materials and the speed of 65 he would lose about 70% of his effective carrying capacity.

    The point even is about a speed of 92 and 165 between those values you are probably right in using a big cargo disk. (That is without using sprint)
    Under the condition that you can use recall back, the max of efficiency of a cargo disk is about 35%. ruffly for speed between 90 and 155 you are save to use a big cargo disks smaller once are worse. But do the MATH on for you situation, don't rely on guess work.

    Also don't forget to put the cargo disk into you infentory when walking with it empty.


    Ps. Can to next person trying to pull this apart do there math first.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    Ps. Can to next person trying to pull this apart do there math first.
    Challenge accepted. Don't ask for what you don't want.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    This is also the thing Machaeons forgot in his calculations I think you have to subtract 100% from the numbers he has given to correct for the call back effect.
    Two things, one minor and one major: I am in fact a woman. And no, you do not have to subtract 100% from the numbers since that's what more than doubling looks like in percent form.

    Let me demonstrate with the numbers I gave. I didn't think it would be necessary to show my math on simple things like percent calculations but here we go.

    Biped:

    Before disk:
    Total usable bulk = 8193
    Speed = 121

    After disk:
    Total usable bulk = 21693
    Speed = 86

    Percent increase in bulk = +164.77%
    Percent decrease in speed = -28.93%

    8193 + 164.77% = 8193 + (8193 x 1.6477) = 8193 + (13499.60) = 21692.60 This is equal to the total usable bulk after disk with rounding in the percents taken into account

    121 - 28.93% = 121 - (121 x 0.2893) = 121 - (35.00) = 86 This is equal to the speed after disk with rounding in the percents taken into account

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    I'm sorry to say but your guess is wrong it not a minimal of 35% gain but a max of 35% gain!
    I've proven this wrong. Mathematically. 164% gain is what I get with my biped's disk so a minimum of 35% gain seems reasonable for a minimum. But since you're only convinced by math apparently, let me demonstrate that FURTHER on a character with the generic starting cargo disk you get on NT, the starter scale pack, and no pet (I.E. what a brand new character gets).

    Before disk:
    Total bulk = 1150
    Speed = 65

    After disk:
    Total bulk = 2650
    Speed = 54

    Percent increase in bulk = +130.43%
    Percent decrease in speed = -16.92%

    MATH SINCE PERCENTS ARE DIFFICULT APPARENTLY
    Calculating percent for beginners: is/of = %/100, solve for % and you get % = (is/of) x 100 (1500 is 130.43% of 1150)

    2650-1150 = 1500 (this is the bulk the disk provides, or the change in capacity)
    1500/1150 x 100 = 130.43%

    54-65 = -11 (this is the speed reduction of the disk, or the change in speed)
    -11/65 x 100 = -16.92%

    Therefore it is valid to say that a change in bulk from 1150 to 2650 is an increase of 130.43% BECAUSE 1150 + 130.43% = 2650
    54-65 = -11 (this is the speed reduction of the disk, or the change in speed)
    -11/65 x 100 = -16.92%


    Keep in mind this is literally the absolute worst disk there is in the game. Any other disk is an improvement.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    Cn = CC *min(100,sp-sr)/sp

    Where sp stands for the speed without cargo disk
    Where CC stands for the carrying capacity of the cargo disk
    Where sr stands for the speed reduction of the cargo disk.
    min is a section function for the lowest of the two values, (this because cargo disk limit speeds to 100).
    [from earlier post:]Cn is the carying capisity with out cargo disk
    if the calculated Cn is higher than your present carrying capacity without cargo disk then it is good to use one if it is lower it is bad to use one.
    But let's satisfy you with an actual use of your formula in Excel because screw typing that mess out here after all of the above I've done already.



    Would you look at that! In literally every instance I've shown, including the absolute worst disk in the game, it is beneficial to use a cargo disk based on your formula.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    If you are using field machines where there isn't a way to recall back you are right. however if you are using expert machines where there is normally a way to recall back then you are wrong the gain that is forgotten is the gain you get for not walking back and more portal make these even more lucrative as you can easily get to other positions.
    If you are opt on the material already at a world machine, just use literally any machine. The closer the better. If the resource is extremely isolated (Adamantium and some of the rarer confectioner resources for example), my earlier statement applies: if you need a lot of the material, use a disk and either run it back to the nearest storage (world machine/vault/plot/lair) or use a travel scroll; if you don't need a lot of the material, don't use a disk.

    I've quite literally never had to port or recall anywhere to store my resources. I've had to port with a massively overfilled inventory full of thousands of construction materials yes... but that's a different matter. You shouldn't need to recall to store your materials unless you're extremely paranoid about someone stealing your resources and trust ONLY your own plot.

    In summary: Cargo disks are 9 times out of 10 the better option.

  13. #13

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Using a cargo disk is best.

    To prove it to yourself do this:

    Go stand at the machine you will process from. Start a timer. Run out to the field and start gathering. Equip disk when inventory is almost full, move resource to disk. Continue gathering until both disk and inventory is full. Go back to machine, on the way make note of how much total ore you got. process ore. stop timer. You can then if you want divide ore by time in seconds to get an ore gathered/processed per second value, but not really needed.

    Now put disk away. Start at machine. Start timer, then run to the field. Gather what you can carry, run back to machine. Make note of amount, get to machine, process. Then stop timer. Now do the same calculation above. Whichever is higher is faster.

  14. #14

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Yes AS I thought you are not taking into account the recall back. So you were not doing math properly.

    Let say it takes time let call it t to run to the resource this ad a speed of 121.
    (I put the cargo disk into the inventory on the way to the resource)
    On the way back this will require t*121/85 = 1.42* t
    Or with recalling 0*t

    So the total time taken for running up and down with a cargo disk is 2.42*t and for calling back and for recall this is just 1*t
    So copying for you with cargo disk the carrying capacity is 21692 and without it is 8193
    So in time t you would transport with cargo disk 21692/2.42= 8964 and for doing it without cargo disk it is 8193/1 = 8193
    So the gain you get is 8964/8193 =1.09 so you carry 9% extra with using your cargo disk.

    Same calculation on the worst cargo disk, speed and starting backpack and no pet
    Running back and forth with cargo disk will take t+t*65/54 = 2.2
    So in time t you are transporting 1150 without and 2650/2.2 = 1204
    So you gain (1204/1150 -1)* 100% = 5%

    In my case this is with loyalty pet where I started noticing the effect, getting granite out of the mines of Augenhall
    1780 normal +5000 pet = 6780 the disk is 1500 and speed normal 75.
    To normal in time t is 6780 and with cargo disk 7280/(1+75/64)=3352
    So my gain was (3352/6780-1)*100% =-51% and yes I started noticing it that I was quicker without. That started me thinking! And doing the math proper. No my case was quite extreme. But when you have a pet one should take a second thought on efficienty.

    Also now I have proven my formula just by going through it in saperate way.

    I will check with a stop watch when I have found a mother load on some distance from a machine. I'm not that different from what I was with the granite.
    Last edited by gkoster; January 26th, 2017 at 01:58 PM.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    Yes AS I thought you are not taking into account the recall back. So you were not doing math properly.
    It seems like you've neglected to read.

    I've already said that recalling is entirely unnecessary in the VAST majority of cases. There was no mention of time in any of the above work I did including your own formula so shocker time was not a factor. And as I've mentioned (repeatedly) a travel scroll can be used with a disk and will ALSO cut your travel time to 0. If you use a Kion travel scroll for example, you'll get a comparable distance to the nearest storage (the vault) as what you could find on plots between the guild shrine and the nearest storage and will in fact put you closer to the vault than if you recalled to Kion.

    Because percents are inherently unitless, you can use them to show an increase in time with a decrease in speed or a decrease in time with an increase in speed. So let's assume that you run a certain distance with and without a disk, and that it takes 2 minutes to run that distance without the disk. Efficiency will be shown as bulk gathered/time spent traveling.

    Before disk:
    Capacity = 8193 bulk
    Time spent traveling = 2 min

    Efficiency = 8193 bulk/2 min = 4096.5 bulk/min

    After disk:
    Capacity = 21693 bulk
    Percent decrease in speed = -28.93%
    Time spent traveling = 2 min + 28.93% = 2.58 min

    Efficiency = 21693 bulk/2.58 min = 8408.14 bulk/min

    So your efficiency increases from 4096.5 bulk/min to 8408.14 bulk/min which is an increase of 105.25% in efficiency.
    Math: 8408.14 - 4096.5 = 4311.64 4311.64/4096.5 x 100 = 105.25%

    "But why not include recalling?" You ask. Because travel scrolls do exactly the same thing in putting you right into a city where your vault is close by. Because not all plots with expert machines have a guild shrine. Because it's more convenient to put the resource in the world machine 50m away than recall and wait through a loading screen before I can put the resource away, then have to run back to the spawn to begin the process again. Because a single slightly longer trip while carrying more than twice as much is preferable to two shorter trips carrying the usual amount.

    Let me illustrate that last point in a 2 minute MS paint doodle:

    Let's assume that with a cargo disk, you can carry 2000 ore (I reach this easily when I gather) and without a cargo disk you carry about 1000 (I routinely get about 800 ore without a disk but I'm being generous here).

    To put 2000 ore into your vault, you would have to take one of the options below if there's a plot next to the resource field with a vault and a guild shrine.

    With a disk you have one simple step:


    Without a disk, you get this convoluted mess:


    So you end up traveling more by avoiding a disk, which puts a damper on the speed advantage. And you have to deal with loading screens which takes some time depending on how fast your computer is.

  16. #16

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Ok most of the plots have a recall place and a vault if they have an expert machine. So the distance between recall point and machine and vault are quite often neglectable to the distance travel to the resource gathering spots.

    I have played only on order so the reverences are from there. Learning the trade learning to craft i was using the bronze plot and machine in new tris. Then i have done iron, dark iron, granite and sandstone in Augenhall, cobalt, platina and silk in last stand, maple in close to falathien, obsidian on Falathien and Mithril in mitrils anvil

    So for dark iron, iron, granite, maple, silk, platina and cobalt the distance to the resources are big ad least 10* as far compared to the distance from recall to machine. Sandstone and mithril are close and the plot in mithrils anvil is built so that recalling is not that convenient. For obsidian I had to use a dragonís lair which are far too big. I havenít had any experiences with other places. I have to agree if distances are close the error in my formula becomes big. From this experience my conclusion is that resources are seldom really close to an expert machine.

    So yes you go more up and down but that is corrected for in less time spend for going up and down, but you are any how going up and down like creasy any how so you would not really notice. Ps you forgot the put the first step (or last) in moving from vault to resource place. You start some else then you end.

    Till so far I havenít seen any traveling scrolls, but I havenít been specifically looking for them. So I have no Idee of price or making cost. But they for sure would make the formula I proposed void.


    Now you calculation, I have the strong feeling that you are missing out the movement from vault to resource place, because they donít make sense to my ad all.

    Let say it lakes 2 min without cargo disk from vault to resource place.

    So without cargo disk time travels will be 2 min getting there and then 0 min to get back = 2 min in total. In this time you transported 8193 so that is 4096.5 bulk/min

    With cargo disk it take 2 min to get there and 2.58 min to get back = 4.58 min. In this time you transported 21693 so that is 4736.4 bulk/min

    So your gain is ((4736/4096) -1)*100%= 16%.

    Sorry I haven't done a time measurement yet.

  17. #17

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    "So without cargo disk time travels will be 2 min getting there and then 0 min to get back = 2 min in total. In this time you transported 8193 so that is 4096.5 bulk/min"

    This is wrong, there is no place you go in the game that is 0 min. you have to recall, port, run, fly, Scroll travel, which ever you do they all take time.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

  18. #18

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    I know recall takes time, but itís a short time compared to running up and down. Also there will be a short time running to the machine from the recall point and a bid of work to remove excess material before you can recall or walk back. That is one of the reasons I have to prove Iím right by putting it against real time.


    The comparison we are look ad is going up and then recalling without cargo disk to going up and then walking back with cargo disk.


    But at the moment we have also a discrepancy one side claiming that a cargo disk will give you over 100% extra carrying capacity while I say that it stops ad max 35%.

    The 0 time for call back is an approximation I know is wrong i can make the formula better taken into account these times, but then you also need to know the time it takes to run from machine to resource.

  19. #19

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    But at the moment we have also a discrepancy one side claiming that a cargo disk will give you over 100% extra carrying capacity while I say that it stops ad max 35%.
    Uhh..i'm no mathmatician but-

    I can carry at maximum 650 ore (6.5k bulk) in my inv+pet combined.
    With a disk, 2000 ore (20k bulk).

    Every single online calculator + my own calculations say that's a 207.7% increase in bulk...
    13.5 / 6.5 x 100 = 207.6923076923077
    Last edited by Azath; January 27th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.
    ~Cariseru, Ancient Dragon of Chaos~ - ~Arlexia, Saris Healer, Conjurer and and up-and-coming Crafter of Chaos~

    Pretty words done by Theeda Novelia of Chaos! (http://ferrety-lixciaa.deviantart.com/)

  20. #20

    Default Re: on the limited use of cargo disk

    got the timing

    What i did do is start ad mithril anvils expert smelter, started timer started sprint run to a mihtril resource above the platimum mine in mithril canyons started mining and stoped time. started time again when I had a full load. spitted to mithril and distroyed the exesss. teleported back and did walk to the smelter. and smelted ores. time 1min 36seconds

    What i did do is start ad mithril anvils expert smelter, started timer started sprint run to a mihtril resource above the platimum mine in mithril canyons started mining and stoped time. this all with cargo disk in back back. stoped time. got the disk out fillid all up and started time again. split the resources above carrying capacity off and destroyed them. started run wand walked back to the smelter. and smelted the resources. time 2 min 40 seconds

    so I have a carrying capacity with out cargo disk of 8040 and with cargo disk 9540.

    so with cargo disk I carry 60 cargo a second and without cargo disk 84 cargo a second so my loss 28% in carying capisity

    I followed the same route. Stating point and end point are the same. run behaviour is repeateble and if used badly its most negative for without cargo disk. mithrils anvil has a bad set up for recalling and the resources are close.

    No I have proven that what I claim is also practical true, I let other to get those promised gains over 100% carying capisty for using a cargo disk. If you find one where you better then 100% please tell what you did do and where.


    Dear Azath what you are forgetting is two fold first a cargo disk reduces your speed the bigger the more reduction. and secondly I gain in efficenty by recalling back to the expert machine.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Geoff: Cargo Disk Bug
    By rtiger in forum Quests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 10th, 2011, 06:26 PM
  2. Cargo disk help!
    By sloestar in forum Help (Question and Answer)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 25th, 2009, 05:22 PM
  3. They nerfed my cargo disk!
    By Krystine in forum Rant Istaria Style
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
  4. Cargo Disk Bug???
    By Zachyattacky in forum Game Bugs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 25th, 2006, 06:07 PM
  5. Socketed Cargo Disk and Cargo Crystals
    By Dragoniade in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 18th, 2005, 02:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •