Thread: Scholar

Default Scholar

I could have sworn a long time ago. scholar school used to give spinning, I have to say I may be right to think this, as I have an alt that joined the school last night and received 2 things a scholar school does not give access to. I was given a form to make spools, scholar does not give spinning, therefore it's not usable by that class. also an alteration wand used for enchanting.. enchanting is not part of scholar school.

Small issues indeed. but should be looked into just the same

Default Re: Scholar

Alteration wands are also used with the Transmutation skill which a scholar gets I believe.

Secondly, i've been playing for 5 years and have never seen scholar give spinning skill. xD If a scholar trainer gives the spool formula it would be a bug- which trainer gave it?

correct, I forgot about transmutation. still doesn't explain the beginer spools. I've been playing since beta.. but I can't swear they did give spinning (my memory isn't the best) but there must be a reason why they "still" give the beginner spool. I assume that since they give foraging, they also gave spinning a long, long time ago.. either way.. maybe it can be removed

also still gives a sewing needle

Scholar did giving spinning skill until 2010 - http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=362 , when the scrolls were introduced and papermaking/scribing.

Good catch about the scholar training giving the old tools and spool form. We'll take them off. The beginner papyrus formula is given during quest Scholar: Paper and Papyrus

Maybe Harvesting Knife and Fabric scissors would be more appropriate than Sewing needle and Alteration wand.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information