As an MMO player, I like to be as close to self-sufficient as I can get, even when it takes longer to achieve. So it really bugs me that there are entire areas of the game that I'm not likely to ever access because I'm so "stuck" on playing a dragon. (chuckle)

Naturally, this got me to thinking about ways that Virtrium might implement true craft mastery (i.e., of ALL the crafts/trades in the game) without unbalancing existing systems and mechanics.

The following is a rough outline of how I could see it work... while I'm sure it can easily be shot full of any number of holes, I'm hopeful that people will instead consider ways it COULD work than how/why it CAN'T.

We'll see.

----------------------

1. Implement an epic quest for dragons that can only be unlocked once all available dragon craft schools are mastered; implement a similar quest for bi-peds that unlocks when a similar number of craft schools (to total that Dragons have, for equity) are mastered.

This gives bi-peds a slight advantage, since they can unlock Dragon crafting without mastering ALL the (what, 21?) trades available. But it is offset by Dragons being able to unlock much sooner.

2. When the above mentioned quests are unlocked, they allow the player to select ONE school of the other's to take up.

3. Players can return and re-do the quest as often as they like (up to full, true grand mastery of ALL trades in the game), but the cost or difficulty of the quest should go UP each time (social driver, economic driver).

Alternatively:

1. Set up a quest for dragons and for bi-peds to gain a FORM that effectively grants them access to tools and machines needed for the crafting school of their choice.

#2 and #3 from above would remain the same.

I feel this would potentially spark meta-economy and perhaps even enliven a renaissance among current players. At the very least, it should mean the consigners will do more than stand around and file their nails. (grin)