Thread: Automatic view distance change not appreciated

Default Automatic view distance change not appreciated

I prefer to set my own options in the game, thank you.. I do not need, nor want the Developers or the game deciding if I am using too much memory and lowing my graphics quality. Please disable this feature, or add an option to override it please. My machine has 2 gig vid mem, and 16 gig of ram. I never go over 50% even when running 3 copies at same time. So why did the game decide to drop my graphics distance? I do not know, but I set it the way I want it, and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

[01/12/17 22:25:13] Istaria is using a lot of memory. Performing immediate cleanup and pull back of view distance.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Automatic view distance change not appreciated

That's.. interesting. That happened to me a lot before Istaria got the dxd9.dll upgrade about a year or so ago. It hasn't happened to me since, even when quad logging all on max view distance.

You sure you got dxd9.dll in your base Istaria directory? Sounds a bit weird to me

Anyway, that pull back thing was whenever Istaria starts hitting your video memory or RAM's limit for the game. if it breaks that limit, your game will crash. It's to try to prevent you from crashing. Sucks, and I never liked it, but there's your 'why'.

Edit: Talking to Jstn about it, apparently the dxd9 patch and LAA (updating the memory constraints) is something different so just swap those two in my post, haha
    Last edited by Racktor; January 13th, 2017 at 04:08 AM.

could it be that you are running a 32 bit java?

Is there a way to set which java version to use?

I didn't crash, I got the message, I checked options and it was down, i set it back and it was fine. till again it changed it later on and again.... i reset it back to full

it's nothing to do with java. but I think I have found the issue. It's a 3rd copy I have and I used to use it for blight. The patcher in the configuration was still set to patch to blight. I unchecked it and now doing a full scan/patch. this is the only client doing it.

Neither of the other 2 copies are having any issues. just the Blight one. should be fine after full scan.. if not I will delete and copy over from one of the other 2 copies I have

This still happens to me. I get a crash and all my video settings go to minimum. I also get the Istaria is using too much memory and get set back to minimum. This is the same game that says my computer and my video card have less than 1 megabyte of memory. I have 32 gigabytes of memory and have a NVidia 1080 card with 8 gigs of video memory. I just installed Istaria new in November with Java being installed new with game. I have Windows 7. I do not crash like I used to a year ago. but these errors and crashes still occur. I really laugh when it tells me I have less than 1 megabyte of memory. I do not think I have had a computer with 1 mb of memory since 1992. Slimey on Order

well, now I am crashing, but only one the one copy. so.. has to be a blight issue for me. I scanned and removed the tick for update to blight. now I get the message that my distnace is snapped back, and it crashes anyway. so my point remains as in the first post

cleared cache. patched, everything I could think of. finally deleted the folder and making a new copy. that should fix it

i don't like it either. stop changing our graphics settings and just give us a warning. that's all we need.

I haven't had this happen to me in quite a while (6 months or more that I remember). Is it possible that some setting is bugged for the people that it still happens to?

Thread Information