Thread: Level 30?

Default Level 30?

Hi I'm new to Istaria and I have a few questions.

1. I'm going to buy a monthly basic access thing, if I get to level 25 for example and I get to level 16 in crafting, but I don't make it to level 30 when my monthly basic access runs out, will I not be able to continue the quests and not be able to level up anymore?

2. What are the requirements for flying when your an adult?

Default Re: Level 30?

1 - not sure. I think if you hit the max level for a free character, you can still play, but you just won't get experience above whatever the maximum level is. If you switch to a paid subscription, as long as it's on the same account, I think you can continue that character and all your quests should continue without problems.

2 - flying requires the following bare minimum before you can even get the quest:
    a) dragon adventurer level 30, b) character must be at least 15 days old, c) dragon crafting level 20, d) 250,000 Hoard (350,000 for Helian)

Those are the minimums. More realistically, it's best to have your adventure level at least 50, maybe 55 or so as a lot of the creatures you'll be fighting are in the 50-60 range (even then you'll need help). The crafting needs to be high enough to scribe a scale formula that you get during the quest, so it should probably be at least in the mid 30s.

What Kerech said is correct.

Free characters are free until one school hits level 15 (though I believe it's intended that you can level both to 15) before quests and experience get locked out. You can continue playing with these restrictions however long you like as long as you only have that one character.

Once you pay for a subscription, the restrictions are lifted and you can have however many characters you like and level to whatever you want. However, the instant it fades, you are locked out again. If you had any extra characters in the meantime, you will have to delete or archive them to be able to reactivate your free subscription. Archiving costs nothing and preserves characters so it's likely the better option.

So your hypothesis is correct; if your sub runs out, you'll lose the ability to continue.

For number two, when you are an adult there aren't any real requirements for flying. At the end of the Rite of Passage, you get an item that transforms you into an adult dragon; once you use this item, you will be turned into an adult and be able to fly. Simply hold spacebar and up you go.

The only 'restrictions' so to speak are fly speed and fly height. Fly height is thousands of meters above the ground and you'll lose track of the terrain below you far before you reach the cap even as an adult dragon. There are very few places in Istaria that reach this height. The only thing completely above a dragon's fly height is the Great Barrier, which is a giant mountain separating the eastern continent (which currently doesn't physically exist) from the western.

Fly speed is just the speed at which you fly. Ancients fly faster than adults and some debuffs will limit it to 0 temporarily so you can't move.

Finally, in most dungeons you cannot fly at all. (Tombs, the Rift, the Fiery Rift, and the Doom, as examples)

Cool thank you.

How do I know how much Hoard stuff I have?

Hit ctrl-E to bring up the equipment window. At the bottom of it, it shows the amount in your hoard.

Thread Information