Thread: hey new here

Default hey new here

hey how is everyone, im new here in this realm, I guess you can say , would like to know the way this place works I guess as far as gameplay and roleplay go, im looking forward to trying this out.

Default Re: hey new here

Welcome to Istaria... just jump in explore explore explore, and any questions you have ask in the "New Player Assistance" chat.

Hey there and welcome ^^. You find rp on each server but if you really want expert rp then go on rp server XD

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

welcome. Let people know you are new to the game, ask all the questions. ( There is only one stupid question, the one not asked) Also If you need help don't hasitate to ask.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, maloy!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Maloy View Post
    hey how is everyone, im new here in this realm, I guess you can say , would like to know the way this place works I guess as far as gameplay and roleplay go, im looking forward to trying this out.
    Welcome to Istaria. I hope you enjoy the game!

From my (rather meager) knowledge, role-play is primarily on the Order server, which is the server I generally frequent. Most RP tends to happen in the official Role-Play channel, but there are many offshoot channels that are player-made for different subjects. It's possible, but rather rare, to find RP hidden out in the wilds of the game. New Trismus used to be a rather large gathering spot but I don't notice many people idling there these days; most people tend to sit around in Dralk or Chiconis.

Gameplay, Istaria is a PvE tab-targeting MMO. You click an enemy and then click an ability or the attack button to perform an attack. All abilities have cooldowns referred to as 'recycle' in in-game lingo. Crafting is an entirely different system where you have tools or abilities to mine raw resources then turn them into processed ones via the use of formulas. You become better at refining a resource the higher the related skill is (smelting for making metal bars, metalworking for making them into tools, etc). You raise your skills by leveling up. There are many, many different resources in the game, but it depends on whether you're a dragon or a biped (and what schools you choose here) as to what you can/will end up gathering.

Both dragons and bipeds have multiple crafting schools that specialize in different things and gain exp from different resources. Bipeds have 19 and dragons have 4. Adventuring-wise, dragons only have 1 adventure school, while bipeds have 24. You can be in every single school in the game at once, but watch your rating, which determines your experience gain.

Your fellow players can likely explain things a lot better than I can and offer more in-depth explanations, so feel free to join the New Player channel (Order) / New Player Assistance (Chaos) and Marketplace. Dragon is also an option if you are a dragon.

Ya know what? Im gonna make the long promised Tutorial aka Lets play tomorrow. I keep saying it but dont do it. Now i have time and after all there really aren`t much tutorials on YT that are on the current state. Ill let ya know when its done so you get an idear. For now, this is an awesome information:

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Welcome to Istaria. I hope you find it as enjoyable as I have over the years. What shard did you settle on?

Thread Information