Thread: Decal Idear?

Cool Decal Idear?

Hello! I've never posted here before, so I'm a bit nervous. This was just a small decal idea that struck me the other day.
    I love stripes, stripes are amazing! But, what about band-like decal?
    This was honestly just a quick concept, I used my own character from Chaos and colors, just giving a messy visual of the body decal. (I am terrible at drawing anything wing-related, haha!)

Default Re: Decal Idear?

Aren't you afraid you'll be mistaken for a zebra? Seriously, it's rather pretty.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Hiya

Don't be nervous in posting, we won't bite... too hard lol

Being one that can't draw a straight line with a ruler looks nice

Ah no wings, I knew there was something making it look a little like a dinosaur then a dragon lol, Its all in the wings

I think a decal like this would be a great addition to it all. Did you have any idea for the wings, too? It looks great, by the way~
    Guilds
    Dragon Roost
    Pteraskrii
    Freedom

I hate to be the stick in the mud, but sadly there is one issue with getting this done.

For some reason, on the texture layers, the dragon markings are layered on top of the chest scales, meaning it would appear on top of the chest scales, and while we could work around a chest scale type, each chest scale type has its edges on a different spot meaning it would only really look nice with that one chest scale type.

This could potentially be looked at, but we are currently not entirely sure how much it would impact existing players... perhaps with the Unreal move

All of the technical stuff aside, those are some lovely ideas!
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I have only seen decals hide under chest scales,unless you use default (in character creation-first option-no chest scale plates). so that shouldn't be a problem.
    I like both designs btw,maybe for wing scales it could use already existing tiger stripes mrkings.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Smile Re: Decal Idear?

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    I hate to be the stick in the mud, but sadly there is one issue with getting this done.

For some reason, on the texture layers, the dragon markings are layered on top of the chest scales, meaning it would appear on top of the chest scales, and while we could work around a chest scale type, each chest scale type has its edges on a different spot meaning it would only really look nice with that one chest scale type.

This could potentially be looked at, but we are currently not entirely sure how much it would impact existing players... perhaps with the Unreal move

All of the technical stuff aside, those are some lovely ideas!

That actually gave me another idea! As sad as the bands don't worky, what if it didn't extend all the way around the body? Or was mostly like:

Basically like thicker stripes, but band like? And keep bands for the legs, that way there's a little spice and uniqueness to it.
    I'm so glad you liked the idea, though! It tickles me pink!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    I have only seen decals hide under chest scales,unless you use default (in character creation-first option-no chest scale plates). so that shouldn't be a problem.
    I like both designs btw,maybe for wing scales it could use already existing tiger stripes mrkings.
    Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Hiya

Don't be nervous in posting, we won't bite... too hard lol

Being one that can't draw a straight line with a ruler looks nice

Ah no wings, I knew there was something making it look a little like a dinosaur then a dragon lol, Its all in the wings
    Thank you so much! Haha, I really should edit in some wings, maybe if I have time today I will totally get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Aren't you afraid you'll be mistaken for a zebra? Seriously, it's rather pretty.
    Zebra's are one of my favorite animals! <3 Thank you so much! I'm so glad to have shared this on the forums!

Firstly, I want to say your style is pretty adorable and I love it.

Secondly, I was actually wrong when I informed Liseth that markings are layered over chestplates. They are not; I was confused by the amount of markings that completely avoid the chestplate area. I tested it out and indeed the chestplates layer over the markings:

(Just a test scribble; not representative of anything)

So your original idea is indeed possible. If I can find the free time, I might give it a try. Thank you for your suggestion/depiction

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsilas View Post
    Firstly, I want to say your style is pretty adorable and I love it.

Secondly, I was actually wrong when I informed Liseth that markings are layered over chestplates. They are not; I was confused by the amount of markings that completely avoid the chestplate area. I tested it out and indeed the chestplates layer over the markings:

(Just a test scribble; not representative of anything)

So your original idea is indeed possible. If I can find the free time, I might give it a try. Thank you for your suggestion/depiction
    Thank you so much! I've been working on developing a cartoon-y style for a while now!

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad it doesn't clash with the chest scales, and it might be possible! You're so welcome! It's an honest pleasure!

Thread Information