Thread: lowering pad in Feladan

Default lowering pad in Feladan

I fear teleporting to Feladan, as 30% of the time the system will hang so that i can only look up and down.

As no other pad does do this as bad as this one (by far) I think it has something to do with its height. This because if it works I teleport in on ground level my eyes at the same level as the top of the pad.

Default Re: lowering pad in Feladan

Try jumping or flying if your a dragon, see if that "frees" you.

I have same problem with this pad. Recall or relog is only cure I have found. Slimey on Order

This is the bug where your character does not load, no matter how long you wait right? Thus making you unable to move so you can only look around.

Also - forest guard has the same portal pad design, in my experience forest guard's pad only fails like 10% of the time which while still abnormal compared to other pads, it is far less than feladan.

Recall is indeed the best cure for this, after the initial recall you should load through the pad mostly successfully for the day.

I do wonder- the DD portal pad used to do this too - never load your character until the pad was "cached" so you'd need to recall out of portal pad and come back after every cache clear. This got fixed a while ago and I even remember it had a line on the patch notes- something at some point was changed for the DD pad to fix it - something was done there, maybe something can be done here? Now hanging on the DD portal pad is pretty much the same chance as hanging on any other portal pad except feladan.

Feladan's portal pad does similar except it fails to load you in even when the portal pad is cached. Infact, i'd say 90% of the times I port to feladan for the first time in a day (it's usually several months between cache clears for me yet I visit feladan usually at least once per week at least) I get this bug, but after the first time it usually doesn't happen for the rest of the day, even when dual logging and I port two characters to feladan at the same time, only one gets stuck at the pad and the other is usually fine (usually - meaning not always but more often than not).

I don't think it's a height issue personally simply because this happened with DD, a portal pad that isn't elevated much at all before.

No, i'm not sure what it is but- Kirasanct, Kion, Tazoon, Feladan give me the most porting-in troubles. Kion's pad isn't unusually elevated, Kirasanct is far off the ground...Tazoon's is higher than Feladan's but nowhere near as high as Kirasanct's. But 3 of these cities have something in common which cause me portal crashes - lots of structures and awfully modelled structures that lag you to hell. If i crash at a portal pad at all, you bet it's one of these 4 cities that i crash at. But Feladan is an outlier - while yes, the crash chance is exceedingly high for me, if usually lower than the other 3, Feladan is still the only portal pad to consistently fail to load me in whereas for the other 3 i load in fine, which I think proves to me at least for my experience that height isn't the issue.

Now then...Forest Guard, as mentioned earlier, is a pad with the same design as Feladan's, but a much lower chance of crash and a much lower chance of failure to load upon port in. Still an abnormally high chance though. These 2 places do have something in common aside the portal pad too, and that's a similarly designed region...Something about Feladan's environment also made it famously laggy, laggier than most cities are - or at least, if i see any jokes about lagging in cities, it's usually about lagging in Aughundell or Feladan. Idk what the theme is, but to me, something has always stood out as being abnormal in Feladan & Feladan like regions. No other city gave my old teeny netbook grief except Feladan...

One thing I have to ask. Do you play with the loading screen off? That can cause some issues with the order things are loaded in.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

if you main the screen with comments. like water hates you. I have those on.

Its not purely laginess. aughendell and i have almost never problems with augendell which I use a lot. it is laggy for me while feladan isn't. some times slow in loading but not laggy.

I can't even recall. all i can do is looking up and down. and closing the game by pressing the x in to top left corner. no looking left or right, no key board commands. no clicking on anything. just looking up and down and close the game hard.

AS I come allway's on the ground eye level with the pad I was thinking in that direction. but it can be that its just the loading of just the pad it self that's the problem.

OMG are you a writer? How many words is this? LOL
    Port to Feladan he said, it will be fun they said...

Thread Information