Thread: Making reaping potions should not consume teched or socketed tools

Default Making reaping potions should not consume teched or socketed tools

Please make it so that tools which are teched, socketed or dyed cannot be used as ingredients when making reaping potions.

When batch making T5 reaping pots I lost my best mining pic, which was dyed with a weapon & tool dye kit, had a lvl 96 speed crystal, a lvl 100 cog and a lvl 100 capacity crystal in it.

Fortunately the devs were able to retrieve it for me once I realised my mistake and submitted a ticket, so it all turned out ok for me (thank you devs!). Perhaps though this misfortune can be avoided for others by placing a flag on tools that have been teched, socketed or dyed so they are not auto-consumed when making potions? Its an easy mistake to make when you have 200 mining picks in your inventory.
    Last edited by Horatio; February 20th, 2017 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Making reaping potions should not consume teched or socketed tools

If this is possible to do, absolutely! But one way to ensure that this doesn't happen before that's changed is to place the tools into a container that's marked as reserved. That means that anything in that container cannot be deconstructed or consumed unless you manually remove it before you try, and you can still toggle or equip things from that container without any problems. (You can mark a container as reserved by right clicking it and checking the box that says reserved.)

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I`m in for the reserve idear. I`m building a plot to be a alchemist and want to make potions of all kinds. A container like this will be very useful!

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

All containers are already like that. As Mach said, you want to have a pouch for tools, etc. Keeps inventory organized, plus, you right click it, select customize, then check the "Reserved" checkbox, click ok. Now nothing in that pouch can be auto-consumed when making reaping potions. I keep all of my tools and crafting jewelry in a single pouch. I've never consumed a tool when making potions.

When equipping one tool to the next, I am using either hotkeys to equip, or clicking on the tools inside the protected "Reserved" pouch (Dragon scalepack in my case, holds the most), both of which cause the currently equipped tool to drop into the pouch in place of the tool I just equipped. So they basically stay in there pretty easily, either in the pouch or equipped, and those cannot be consumed when making potions either.

I also use a reserved pouch but occasionally a tool does end up in my main inventory. Tools with cogs can't be traded or moved to storage/vault/housing etc why can't they also not be able to be consumed during crafting, be it potion making, deconning whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    I also use a reserved pouch but occasionally a tool does end up in my main inventory. Tools with cogs can't be traded or moved to storage/vault/housing etc why can't they also not be able to be consumed during crafting, be it potion making, deconning whatever.
    all my tools are vaulted and all contain crystals. I do have a reserved pouch in my backpack, for holding special items, like my weapons and tools I take out of vault for a job. after which, I place them back into my vault in a tool pouch

I carry all my tools with me. Yes it takes up bulk but irritates me to no end having to run back to a vault when I go to craft something and find I forgot to pick up a tool before leaving vault.

Thread Information