Thread: Show me your own style of armor

Default Show me your own style of armor

Someting I really miss in this game and many other mmorpg have it: To change the appearance of your equipped armor.
    In fact, you wearing your Plate/Ringmail/Scalemail for the armor stats but it looks like a Kion Dress/Dark Forest or even like Leather/Cloth/padded armor or mixed armor parts.

I think there are many ways how to do it:
    1. On your Equipment window you have two tabs, one for your armor stats and the second for the appearance (see screenshot)
    2. Add a new game menu entry "Armor Appearance" that opens the window (like 2nd equipment window in the screenshot)
    3. Make new "Appearance Tech Kits" once applied to an armor, it will change its appearance.
    4. In the item creation window, enable the "Customize the appearance of your item" button for any possible armor type (like in weapon creation window)

And don't forget the same for dragons: Chest Scale --> Scarfs / Head Scale --> Masks

Also see my older Thread about Armor Appearance (9 years ago) http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?21855-New-Armor-look

Cheers
    Vasilios

Default Re: Show me your own style of armor

It's been suggested several times before, I hope they get around to implementing it.

I second this...
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

(Before I write anything do take what I say with a grain of salt as I'm on the art team and not the tech team where most of this would be done.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilios View Post
    1. On your Equipment window you have two tabs, one for your armor stats and the second for the appearance (see screenshot)
    2. Add a new game menu entry "Armor Appearance" that opens the window (like 2nd equipment window in the screenshot)
    3. In the item creation window, enable the "Customize the appearance of your item" button for any possible armor type (like in weapon creation window)
    I did speak to a few others on the art team about possibilities like this, primarily the idea of a second tab for your armor appearance. However, I remember being told that slots such as for armor are hard coded into the client and would not be easy to do. Considering we're changing clients to Unreal, any big changes like that likely should wait until then, if it's even possible now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilios View Post
    1. Make new "Appearance Tech Kits" once applied to an armor, it will change its appearance.
    This technically is possible, yes, but that would require us to go through every single one of the 1,486 pieces of armor in-game and make them into tech kits alongside a technique effect. That would be 2,972 entries into the database. It takes approximately 15 minutes to create one of these effects, excluding testing, meaning about 30.9 straight days of work. I'm not sure if it can be scripted, either, so all of that would have to be done by hand or at least partially so.

It's a good idea, but simply not feasible with our small team. It's likely best to just wait until Unreal at this point for a smoother integration. We aren't ignoring this suggestion.

Thread Information