Thread: Crystalshaping school?

Default Crystalshaping school?

I was attempting to learn the crystalshaping school on my dragon. I went to what I thought was the beginning of the questline... had to talk to the council of elder dragons and hear lots of history from various dragons in the Chiconis/Dralk area.

Now I'm up to a step where I have to kill Surtheim, a named fire elemental on Isle of Fire... which takes a group to do (hard to put a group together on Order these days).

Is this really the crystalshaping school quest? Or am I on the wrong track here?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Crystalshaping school?

You're on the right track, though to get Surthy you'll likely have to poke people online who aren't - usually I have to bother my friends to log on for help

Surtheim's a rather challenging fight and not many left on Order know how to handle him well unfortunately... but I'm always ready to go for any hunts there.

If you happen to get a group together that hasn't fought him before, Surtheim takes a minimum of one healer and 5 people to damage him it seems. The key thing though is to kill the Fragments as quickly as possible and everyone should try to heal when they can, preferably with cleanse-teched heals.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

OK, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track before I continued.

Why would they put a raid fight into a quest to learn a craft? Seems strange to me... is crystalshaping a really powerful craft school?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Well a good part of the crafting school is adventuring, too. It's a sort of hybrid school - you fight monsters to get Slivers of Emotion which you craft into Shards of Emotion that are used in crystals. I guess they wanted to incorporate that into the questline.

Initially Surthy was solo-able when the quest was put out there, but since he was made a lesser epic, he got a buff. And now he's tough. :P

Yeah, I remembered killing Surtheim a long time ago with another character, so when I got to that part of the quest, I popped out there to take him out... That's about the quickest DP I've earned since my first character in the game discovered the Shadow Dragon had been patched in (a long time ago )

Thread Information