Thread: The will to resume playing again

Default The will to resume playing again

Heya

So I've installed the game again got my 13 year old character back.
    I'm sure the game has changed a lot since, my time for games has also change gotten 3 kids and a whife house etc to take care of.

I've started with a free to play setup but i can't progress with my ssaris then so I will upgrade it.

But what to start with? I'm a level 100 mage and 100 jewelcrafter 100 spellcrafter 100 healer what to try next?

I have some epic spells from the bottle cap collection? I remember fighting
    Some machines in blight area.

It what would be most fun to return to?

Default Re: The will to resume playing again

Much more has changed than you can imagine. For adventure, my favorite schools are shaman, which will go well with your healer, and Elemental Archer or Ranger. The blight areas are different now and there are dungeons. Enjoy!
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffelord View Post
    I have some epic spells from the bottle cap collection? I remember fighting
    Some machines in blight area.

It what would be most fun to return to?
    No epics come from bottle cap collection, though the quest came from the same NPC. you had at one time, to be lvl 75 mage I believe, to get a spell that at one time, was actually useful. not so much now

There are many new quest lines in the game to play. depending on which server you are on, will depend on whether or not you are able to complete a lot of them.

Epic weapons have been reconfigured and now obtainable through a totally different method. A lot of game fixes. a lot of area remapping, a lot of make overs to the game. Also a lot of name changes to mobs, so don't worry about being confused easily. there are more Epic quests now for more spells and abilities. lots to do if you come have a look around.

Plenty of new potions to get via quests as well, if you are, or want to be an alchemist
    Last edited by Malicore; March 24th, 2017 at 12:57 AM.

Welcome back! Good to see old returning players.

The Shining Blades spell used to require completing a bottle cap collection before you could start the quest. Currently doesn't require the collection. The epic spells are epic in appearance but not really in damage. We keep hoping for them to get a buff. They have had their timers shortened from 30min to 5min, timers 50% linked. There are some new epic spells, Volcano, Burning Archer and for Dragons, Drulkar's Wrath.

The machines you fought could have been on the satyr islands to free them, Machine of Inhibition, Machine of Discord, Machine of Palsy, and the Machine of Famine. Had to have talisman equipped in a crystal socket in the weapon to be able to do any damage. Or you might be thinking of the Ethereal Substantiators in and around Feledan. It was blighted and we had to build those to cleanse the city.

That's a good start on a strong multiclass build. Mage and Healer are foundations for a good caster build, but you can really do anything. Mage maxes out your power, flame, armor use, and masters perfect spell and Multicast, which you want as either an arcane spellcaster or mystic spellcaster. The 2 spellcaster types each encompass several classes, which can generally use each others spells within the same type. Arcane: Mage, Wizard, Conjuror, Sorcerer plus Knight of Creation and Battlemage. Mystic: Healer, Druid, Shaman, Spiritist, Bloodmage plus Cleric, Paladin, Reaver, Ranger. So if you next leveled Druid, which adds nature skill plus other masterable abilities, you could then switch to healer, and still use most of your nature spells.

You could also do Warrior next to add health, strength, some mastered melee attacks, and max out all the melee skills at 10 skill/level (except 2 hand slash which can go even higher by adding Berzerker). Which then positions you in a good spot for a strong melee build.

Don't forget Ranger/Scout/Elemental Archer, for a bow class.

Since you have a craft school at 100 already, you can wear t5 padded ironsilk, triple teched with t5 techs, as a level 1 new anything, since 100 Craft meets its' requirements, and you exceed 910 armor use thanks to mage. That will really help leveling the next few classes.

What's most fun will be up to you, you can't really go wrong going either mystic or arcane. Arcane schools will let you use Shining Blades epic spell, the Mystic schools will allow you to earn and use Dark Cyclone. Mystic schools get heals and a bit better armor, Arcane schools can really dish out damage, especially aoe.

Arcane gets a few plate wearing schools, Knoc and Battlemage. They can use arcane spells, and have the top end armor.

Mystic also has some plate wearing classes, Reaver, Paladin, Cleric. Paladin is strong against undead, Reaver gets ethereal blade which bypasses an enemies armor, Cleric can use all the heals.

My biped characters have all the mystic and arcane schools, most all the melee schools, and only skipped the top half of the disciples, left scout at 20, skipped crossbowman and bloodmage. So I can switch back and forth from playing melee or either caster family =)

At some point you can try a Dragon, the Rites of Passage quests are fun.

Tons of new weapons, armor, crystals, and quests.

Be sure to join the new player assistance channel, we can quickly refresh your memory and get you going.

the spell came from Jogglers Bonding the blades quest. the bottle cap collection was just a repeatable quest. mainely used for dragon hoard or some extra exp. I have had the spell for 10 - 11 years, I have never done the bottle cap collection. and what ever became of the Epic-er spell Amon talked about in 2010?

Re: Shining Blades Quest

Shining Blades as it stands isn't going to change. The spell, in case you missed it, is available at level 75 so it isn't exactly epic.

However, LaughingOtter has written a quest series for a new epic-er Shining Blades which will eventually be added (just not in the current set of patches).

has this become a forgotten upgrade?

I agree that one day you should try a dragon.. they are most fun to play. lots of quest lines for everything from crafts to abilities. Much to do.. until you have become a complete ancient. then you may find some things a bit boring. but you can always help others, as dragons are one tough race, indeed
    Last edited by Malicore; March 24th, 2017 at 06:18 PM.

Originally you had to give him a collection before he would offer the Shining Blades quest. It got changed, whether by mistake or on purpose, I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Originally you had to give him a collection before he would offer the Shining Blades quest. It got changed, whether by mistake or on purpose, I do not know.
    I obtained Shining Blades when quest was not offered until a complete bottle cap collection was submitted to Joggler. I do not recall which year this was the case for me. I have been a player since first half of 2004, though not on this forum until about 1 year after that.

Knossos

I also remember it as I turned in the collection to start the quest.

It still looks fancy, what about that nature epic spell that also was around back then, is that still obtainable?

One class neglected, which is an Arcane Warrior Class was Chaos Warrior. It's a plate wearing class that specializes using two-paw crush weapons and Energy Magic.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

It still looks fancy, what about that nature epic spell that also was around back then, is that still obtainable?
    yes, I have the outdated one (still usable) there is a replacement now. I believe you no longer need to craft it. as you complete it, you get the spell itself (unsure) but it does still exist.

This is correct, you do not need to craft it anymore. Having recently done this, I can attest.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard

It is . Run out to the Nature Tower, on west edge of Western Deadlands. Talk to Iseru. Be in Druid or Ranger, level 75 with 750 Nature skill to pick up quest. Though these might have been bumped up to 95, 950, as those are the new requirements to use the new, more powerful version of Dark Cyclone. Quest will be Tame the Cyclone.

What shard are you on and what characters are you playing?

not just Druid or Ranger.

Shaman, Guardian, or Storm Disciples can get the spell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    It is . Run out to the Nature Tower, on west edge of Western Deadlands. Talk to Iseru. Be in Druid or Ranger, level 75 with 750 Nature skill to pick up quest. Though these might have been bumped up to 95, 950, as those are the new requirements to use the new, more powerful version of Dark Cyclone. Quest will be Tame the Cyclone.

What shard are you on and what characters are you playing?
    As a level 33 mage that picked it up yesterday...I don't think there's any level or class restraint on the quest currently.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    As a level 33 mage that picked it up yesterday...I don't think there's any level or class restraint on the quest currently.
    Same for Shining blades. I did it the other day on a lvl 100 ranger. but the requirements still exist, you need the required skill and lvl to scribe them

On a side note, we also have a newer Epic called Volcano, from a myloc queen quest in the Doom dungeon, you might want to check out. It requires 1000 Flame for a Biped to scribe and use (Dragons need 1000 Primal). nice graphics and nice damage when used with multicast and other boosters
    Last edited by Malicore; March 27th, 2017 at 09:47 AM.

Thread Information