The way the npc chat window works is a bit goofy too, perhaps the section with the quests could be moved to the top, and each half (quests, vs chat) could be individually resized? Not really sure the best solution, I think it would work better if each half automatically resized themselves (particularly the quest listings) to make enough room for the initial chat anyway. Maybe just change it back to the old way it worked, instead of separating out the quests.

As far as the quest offerings chat goes, Perhaps writing a single sentence of npc chat for each available quest, with the link to start the quest as part of the sentence, or an "Accept Quest" link at the end of each? Something that makes it a more natural looking conversation. Those could remain in a separate half of the window, or Ideally put back into a single window.

We had that for over 10 years and it worked fine, the only situation that was somewhat of a hassle was doing 100 trophy turn-in quests at one time. The current window should theoretically help with that, but it makes all the normal quests a bit oddly listed. If only trophy hunters and perhaps town marshals had the current npc chat window system, but everyone else went back to the single window system, could help solve both issues.

But I think giving each offered quest its' own sentence would be great.

Example:
old separate line for quests method:
Vargas tells you, Hail, Guaran. I seek adventure of the greatest and most epic kind! Only the deadliest and therefore most rewarding adventures are worthy of my attentions. I collect what I have learned from those adventures and will share that knowledge with you. Peruse my wares if you desire. Just know that I will only take Epic Tokens in exchange. I can provide you with an enhancement which will last for a time that will allow you to earn some of these tokens depending on if you are looking for a <!--ST >Lesser Adventure<!--/ST> or a <!--ST >Greater Adventure<!--/ST>.
<!--QT >(Weekly) Kill Greater and Lesser Bosses<!--/QT>

You have received a new quest - '(Weekly) Kill Greater and Lesser Bosses'.
To something like:
Vargas tells you, Hail, Guaran. I seek adventure of the greatest and most epic kind! Only the deadliest and therefore most rewarding adventures are worthy of my attentions. I collect what I have learned from those adventures and will share that knowledge with you. Peruse my wares if you desire. Just know that I will only take Epic Tokens in exchange. I can provide you with an enhancement which will last for a time that will allow you to earn some of these tokens depending on if you are looking for a <!--ST >Lesser Adventure<!--/ST> or a <!--ST >Greater Adventure<!--/ST>.
To aid in the fight against the Aegis invaders, the Empire is offering a <!--QT >bounty (Weekly)<!--/QT> for those brave enough to Kill Greater and Lesser Bosses.

You have received a new quest - '(Weekly) Kill Greater and Lesser Bosses'.
Followed by in window npc instructions.

One last thing, the pop-up window with the quest description/directions is annoying.. Get rid of that. Most players are just clicking past it without reading it. When the npc text is in the chat window, at least you can refer back to it. That's not always the case now with some newer quests with that text in a popup, separate window.

Thanks