Thread: Crashing then real trouble

Default Crashing then real trouble

I have been having a terrible time with crashes the past week. Now a daily occurrence. I can live with that. BUT every so often after the crash game is missing parts in the files and my virus protection is going nuts. This had led to my third reinstall in under a month. Once again I got to resetting everything as I played and this latest crash this weekend I hadn't bothered to take to time to back up my settings from the last reinstall. Partly because I wasn't even completely done it and was playing with a less than ideal set-up as I tinkered getting it back the way I prefer it.

I haven't filed a ticket because I am pretty sure whatever is going on is on my end. My virus protection is set to ignore Istaria so I am not sure why this is happening during crashes occasionally. I was so frustrated I haven't even logged back in since Saturday when it happened. Any one with any ideas what could be wrong feel free to pm me for more details which I am sure are required for any help.

Default Re: Crashing then real trouble

Even if it is likely on your end, we can still help you through support getting the game up and running. If it happens on one machine it might happen on another; we might even find a very obscure bug that has been eluding us for a long time.

Make sure to enable debug logs, though, and send them all in a .zip file to support to see if we can figure anything out. Otherwise, I sincerely hope you can find a solution.

Whats the virus protection doing exactly? It's possible you have a virus mucking things up, or it might have infected istaria.exe.. So you might not want to set the virus protection to ignore istaria.exe.

One really good malware removing app I use is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ( https://www.malwarebytes.com/ ).

Some malware is really nasty, loading itself before your malware protection can get started. There are a couple ways to get around that. One requires booting a dvd made to do malware cleanup. Last time I looked these were not super easy to make, and the virus protection is quickly outdated, meaning it has to be recompiled and burned every couple months. A simpler way, if you have 2 desktop computers, is to make sure the unaffected computer is loaded with malwarebytes plus a few other malware cleanup apps, then power both pc's down, pull the drive from the affected pc, and hook it up as a secondary drive in the clean pc. this way the affected os is not booted up, so the malware has no chance to load. Then use the clean pc to scan the additional drive. This works really well, I've done this at work many times.

If you are not sure how to do any of that, or don't have a second computer, you can break down and take it to best buy, have them scan it. Probably cost $150 or so to get that done though. And they will try to sell you stuff..

Hopefully whatever is wrong you get fixed. I saw your plot, just getting started on planning looks like. Elteria's looked really nice, so you got a good neighbor there.

Looking at how you describe the issue makes me think of hundrets of possible issues. Do you remember, what exactly your antivirus/other protection tools throw out text-wise?

If your istaria files are messed up after a crash that could indicate a malfunctioning hard drive. My guess is the files get corrupted, Istaria is not anymore able to work with them and crashes finally. On a thorough file check the patcher finds the malformed files and tries to download them to fix the issue. However, I can't figure why your antivirus is going nuts then. More exact info about what the software is telling you would be very helpful there.

Check the disk for issues and if you find any, like lost sectors or master file table errors, try replace it.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Thread Information