Thread: Fortify tech issues

Default Fortify tech issues

Fortify I-IV only last 15 seconds. Time was increased on Fortify V, but the lower tiers were not updated.

Fortify overwrites Enhance Armor and likely Raise Armor. It should not do this.

Having Fortify on spells allows you to debuff a players' armor buffs...

Reasoning and how the debuff works:
    Fortify is 110% base armor for x time.
    Only Dragons (I believe) even have base armor. For all other races, the fortify effect adds 0 armor.
    For a dragon, level 100 ancient with full hoard, the bonus from Fortify V is only +65 armor. It only boosts the base armor of 650 by 10%.
    For a typical dragon with scales it's actually about a 2.5 to 3% boost... Nothing to write home about...

So I have it teched on my spells, but I cannot buff bipeds without risking erasing their own buffs, with one that is going to add 0 armor.

Scenario: Biped is leveling spiritist, already has druid at 100, and can self buff with a max of T4 enhances. T4 enhance armor (+104 armor). But he is currently level 80, so I use T5 promotes and true grit. These are teched with fortify. It lands, overwrites his 30 minute +104 armor buff, with a 2 minute(?) duration "buff" that added 0 armor...

Fix? Set Fortify to only overwrite itself. It should not have any other stacking conflicts.

What makes this even worse?? Lets say the player I am buffing is a dragon, who will actually have some base armor. If the dragon has t4 or even t3 enhance armor (+72 armor for 30 minutes), the Fortify effect will overwrite that with a buff that at its best, will add less armor for far less time.

Can we get this beyond useless tech finally fixed so that it has at least some value? And perhaps change it to add a flat amount of + armor as well, so that all races can benefit?

Default Re: Fortify tech issues

You want it fixed, useful and beneficial to boot? Lets be reasonable now.

For the next patch (and for the record, 2 weeks ago) I fixed the duration of the buffs (120 to 180s by tier now), fixed it so that Fortified won't conflict with Enhances and Raises and fixed the %chance for Fortify 5 to execute.

I have not changed the mechanism by which Fortify operates. I did try and find a solution without altering it from a %increase, but wasn't able to. For now, it will remain as is, but I have a note to consider a flat upgrade instead.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon

Thread Information