Thread: Issues with some emotes

Default Issues with some emotes

Hello,

While digging into the files to update my mod for the 2 lastest versions, I have noted some errors that may probably be squished with emote revamp.

Live client (but still present in v394.82.1 Blight client):

- dwarf_m_emote.def:
    *It seems dwarf_f_emote.def was copied/pasted without changing gendered text.
    *shake and shake_s: shake_emote is not defined in dwarf_m_anim_standard.def

- elf_f_emote.def: dwarvish text for bye and bye_s

- elf_m_emote.def:
    *same problem with gender than dwarf_m
    *dwarvish text for bye and bye_s
    *shake and shake_s: shake_emote is not defined in elf_m_anim_standard.def

- fiend_m_emote.def: same problem with gender than dwarf_m

- giant_m_emote.def: /head emote has vanished, but still exists for female. Removed by mistake?

- saris_f_emote.def: /yes emote is hidden in UI (bool hideUI = true)

- Dragons:
    *Typos for /neck: string otherText = " cracks their huge neck." ; shouldn't it be " cracks its huge neck"?

Specific to v394.82.1 Blight client:

- Adult Dragon: dragon_u_track_nod.def file is missing (Hatchling and Ancient versions exists).

I hope this will help.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Default Re: Issues with some emotes

their sounds better than its....

Granted, if the original dev's had had some insight, and allowed a gender choice for dragons at creation, even though the models are identical, it could allow the game to know how to refer to the character.. in not only this but other game chat where you are talking with npc's..

so the game would then be smart enough to handle having two versions of the emote text in this example:
    " cracks his huge neck." "cracks her huge neck." Which is much better than "their"

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    - Dragons:
    *Typos for /neck: string otherText = " cracks their huge neck." ; shouldn't it be " cracks its huge neck"?
    Singular they/them/their is correct english, and as Guaran stated, it is more visually pleasing than "its", not to mention it makes it feel more like referring to a person rather than an object.

As for the others, they will be gotten to when we cover the biped emotes, which will come in the future. The dragon one is being looked into
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I didn't know about the singular they rule. But then, english isn't my native language and I guess that's not the kind of subtleties I've been taught during lessons.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information