Thread: Calimir's Hide Grip bugged? or by intention?

Default Calimir's Hide Grip bugged? or by intention?

Calimir's hide grip quest given by Calimir, should not require craft to harvest the pelts needed. They are a slightly rare drop, but do not count towards the amount he asks for. This is a tech kit (not craftable kit) therefore any ADV player should be able to finish the first part of this quest. As it stands right now, to get the tech kit from the NPC, you must be able to use a tool to gather the pelts instead of looting them. Since this is not the craftable tech, it should not require any use of tools. Please check into this and let me know what the deal is here. Right now a pure adventurer can not complete this quest.

We know the craftable version is completely different for meeting it's requirements. So skill is needed to be able to make them.

Default Re: Calimir's Hide Grip bugged? or by intention?

no reply on this one ?

Hi there Malicore,

I apologize that it appears you're being ignored, that is not the case. This is a tricky subject and I've reached out to the other devs. I think you've stumped them

You make a very good point, but it still needs more reviewing. It's always been intended that you gather the hides, but perhaps some compromise can be reached (looting); but I can't guarantee it. I've got a couple of ideas I'll present to them.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Poor Mingtian had to do gatherer just to be able to skin the wolves. NOT FAIR.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thanks, I hope something can be done. Since the first part is a hunting quest, not a craft quest.. the furs should be able to be collected by means of battle. Otherwise this keeps a limitation on ADV schools, not able to get an ADV tech kit. Which, as it stands, both the adv and crafting quests should be separated already, since the adventure part was in the game long before the crafted version was added.

If not already thought of, How about Ingenuity or Intuition ability to be able to gather them for this quest? This is already a skill gained as a Hunter. They would only require the Istarian Army Knife.
    Last edited by Malicore; July 2nd, 2017 at 05:11 PM.

If you dont want to harvest the hides, why dont you just get a crafted version? the difference is minimal, I have a dozen in storage you can have. Like Ming, I leveled a craft school to 80 to be able to get the grip. Its do-able.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    If you dont want to harvest the hides, why dont you just get a crafted version? the difference is minimal, I have a dozen in storage you can have. Like Ming, I leveled a craft school to 80 to be able to get the grip. Its do-able.
    You're missing the point here. No one said they "DON'T" want to harvest the hides. the post is about Adventures not being able to get the hides, if they are not also crafters. I have GMC. I can make the crafted versions since they were added to the game.. I was the one that requested the crafted versions. But someone who is NOT a crafter can not gather the hides needed to complete the adventurer side of the quest, which should NOT need craft abilities.

Since the hides drop, they should count towards the quest for an adventurer. They are trying to find a solution now.
    Last edited by Malicore; July 4th, 2017 at 11:08 AM.

Exactly. There is a version for crafters. My Satyr didn't have the crafting skills that allowed her to hold a tier V tanning blade. Therefore, she could not harvest the wolf hides needed.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thread Information