Thread: Armor techs not applying to cargo leggings

Default Armor techs not applying to cargo leggings

The Amulet of Istara and the Armor and Scale Tech Kit: Ethereal Essence Salve both explicitly state they can be applied to any armor piece. However, when I tried to apply them to my new steelsilk cargo leggings (only tech'd with Armor V and Power V), they would not apply. I tried applying the salve also while equipped with the leggings; it did not apply, and the error message I got was "You do not meet the requirements to use this item." What kind of requirements are there to using the salve? I'm a master craftsman. Is it that my adventure rating is only 149?

Please help me to use the quest rewards as the description indicates they should be used?

Default Re: Armor techs not applying to cargo leggings

The constraint for the salve is that you've completed quest: South March: The Essence of Research II

Can you confirm you have this in your completed quest log?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Yes, it is on my completed quests list. Requirements for the salve are listed as "Quest: South March: The Essence of Research II"; my completed quests lists "South March: The Essence of Research II" with a Last Completed date of "Unknown".

Could the word "Quest:" under requirements be the issue, since my completed quests does not start with it?
    Or the number of quests the system has to look through to find it?
    Or the "Unknown" completion date?

I saw an issue with your character on Order. Try now and see if it's behaving properly.

It not, please send in support ticket so they know what character, what shard is having the problem, along with screenshot of the quest completed log.

Thank you Cegiel. :-)
    I'm not getting the message about requirements anymore and I do have to unequip the leggings to apply a kit now. I tried applying the salve, and after getting the warning message to confirm I wanted to put it on my cargo leggings, nothing happened; I will file a help ticket when I get back with more time to do so.

Can someone tell me the difference between magic defense and ethereal armor? Is magic specific to spells, while ethereal blocks "unstoppable" kinds of attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Thank you Cegiel. :-)
    I'm not getting the message about requirements anymore and I do have to unequip the leggings to apply a kit now. I tried applying the salve, and after getting the warning message to confirm I wanted to put it on my cargo leggings, nothing happened; I will file a help ticket when I get back with more time to do so.

Can someone tell me the difference between magic defense and ethereal armor? Is magic specific to spells, while ethereal blocks "unstoppable" kinds of attacks?
    It's a bit of a...bad naming scheme, but if I'm not mistaken magic defense = magic evasion as it's used in the to hit calculation for spells, and ethereal armor = actual magic defense against all spell types, though it could be just ethereal damage too. Any of the other devs are free to correct me.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Attacks in Istaria are considered to be either Physical or Magical. Its a flag we can set on an attack. Note that it is often paired with the damage type, but does not have to be. Since it is a flag, we could make an attack that does Flame damage be physical, as opposed to magical.

The same is true of damage. Damage can be Physical, Ethereal or Unstoppable. Physical damage uses your standard Resistances (Crush to Crush Resistance, Ice to Ice Resistance, and so forth) but also uses your Armor value. Ethereal uses your standard Resistances as well, but instead uses Ethereal Armor. Unstoppable is just what it says and ignores any type of resistance or armor.

Avoiding attacks is tied closely to the type of attack using Evasion and Magic Defense. Magic Defense could easily be referred to as Magic Evasion, but that sounds kind of odd.

Since all attacks and damage are configurable you often run into situations where you might think the attacks would be one way but they aren't.... Flame or Ice attacks that are Physical, not Magical. Spirit damage that is Physical, not Ethereal. etc.

Hope this helps a little.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Can you try an experiment? I see your salve is inside a container called 'Portable Tote Scroll'. Did you (or can you try this) -- Move the kit from the tote to normal inventory first. Then move your armor in the same inventory window. Then drag n drop from same container.

In other words, don't drag the kit from your tote directly on the armor in normal inventory. But instead move the kit from tote to normal inventory first. Then try to apply it.

Kind of the same principle when you turn in a quest that requires an item. If the item is inside a pouch or pet container, the quest giver can't "see it" and the quest doesn't progress. But if you move the item from pouch to regular inventory, then all is well.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; June 29th, 2017 at 04:01 AM.

Thank you Cegaiel, that did it! I put both the leggings and the kit in my main inventory, and then was able to apply it without issue. Huzzah! :-)

Thread Information