Thread: Tavern useage and Dragon can't fly

Default Tavern useage and Dragon can't fly

I had 2 death points on my dragon. Used the tavern in Morning light to get rid of them. I recalled to augh and teleported to Harro to go back to the ED. Upon arrival at Harro, my Dragon would only jump, when I tried to fly. I had to relog to fix the issue. My dragon is an ancient, so should not be able to jump when pressing the Q (fly) key

Default Re: Tavern useage and Dragon can't fly

Are you using the Blight client or Live client? I know there was an issue on the Live client that was fixed with the Blight one, but this sounds unrelated to said issue as I know it. There's a few reports of this issue, so if it happens again (and can be repeated with the tavern), it'd be helpful to hear.

when I wrote this, I was on live. I have live clients and blight clients. I do not use blight to play live. I was on Order shard on normal Order client.

I am also having this problem and it is getting progressively worse. The only triggering events for me are logging in, playing, recalling, playing, harvesting resources, playing . . . . It is happening all of the time. Up until today (July 17, 2017) I could get a little relief by relogging, but that stopped working as well. I refuse to craft without the use of my wings and crafting is all that is left to do when there are no other players online. This is not a solo adventure first shooter after all. This problem MUST be fixed or I will choose to go back to sleep for another 6 years.

I also play exclusively on ORDER

Flight has been buggy for awhile.

I sent a ticket months ago saying that you should be able to start flying while falling.. still cannot.

I think the main bug currently affecting players, is that as it is, on uneven terrain, if a portion of your foot is under the ground, and you are moving while trying to start flying (or not moving), is that the collision of your foot with part of the terrain triggers the falling thing. You can't fly.

In my lair when my feet touch the floor if I am flying thru a doorway for example, all flight stops and you drop. Annoying as hell. (This one might have been fixed already)

What sometimes helps is to stop all movement, then press and hold the take off button. Once you are in the air, you can move around.

This does need fixed tho. Very annoying, and doesn't feel natural to have to stop to be able to fly. On some uneven terrain, you will just need walk to a flatter spot sometimes and try again. (Unnacceptable)

And for the love of Istara, please allow us to begin flying while in the middle of falling. Take off (just switch to glide at first) while falling is a long missing element.

A quick but temporary fix for being unable to fly I've found is to go khutit and back to dragon form. Worked 100% of the times that I experienced this bug.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Guaran, are you sure you have this checked in your options?

I have taken off into the air when falling from anything as long as it's a sharp enough angle. The only place this does not happen is within lairs, which have been odd with flying mechanics for as long as I can remember and is unrelated to the ongoing flight bug.

The only other time you drop off cliffs with this option checked and not take off is when you have your freelook camera angled all the way down.

You can also begin flying while in the middle of falling if you angle your freelook camera upwards or straight after falling off a cliff.

All of that being said, we implore everyone to understand that we are looking into this odd bug, but due to the nature of it, we cannot reliably reproduce it. The first step in fixing any bug is figuring out what causes it and being unable to reproduce makes things much, much harder. If any of you can manage to get it to reliably reproduce every time, do tell us; it'll help immensely.

Just now I logged in Mordel (dragon) to go to fire island. I teleported to bristugo from augh, then to fire and ice island pad. It's then that I noticed I could not fly. I switched to khutit then tried to switch back to dragon form. I can not switch back to dragon form, I can can not recall.. here are my log files.

[07/21/17 21:40:07] Message of the day: Welcome to Order, enjoy your time in Istaria! Maintenance is every Tuesday at 5:00 am PST.
    [07/21/17 21:40:08] You are now bound to Aughundell Shrine.
    [07/21/17 21:40:41] You have joined the MarketPlace chat channel.
    [07/21/17 21:41:49] Move around a bit before you try that.
    [07/21/17 21:41:52] You used Dragon's Gift V.
    [07/21/17 21:41:56] You began casting Gift of Velocity V.
    [07/21/17 21:41:59] You cast Gift of Velocity V.
    [07/21/17 21:42:02] You cast Primal Alacrity V.
    [07/21/17 21:42:03] You used Determination V.
    [07/21/17 21:42:09] You used Primal Roar V.
    [07/21/17 21:42:10] You cast Promote Vitality V.
    [07/21/17 21:42:12] You began casting Promote Intellect V.
    [07/21/17 21:42:13] You cast True Grit V.
    [07/21/17 21:42:15] You cast Promote Intellect V.
    [07/21/17 21:42:35] You paid a teleport fee of 100 copper.
    [07/21/17 21:43:39] Sorry for the bump. Preparing cache for Pawnbroker so it will load faster next time
    [07/21/17 21:43:50] You paid a teleport fee of 200 copper.
    [07/21/17 21:44:12] Warning! Skill 'flyheight' has been limited to 0.
    [07/21/17 21:44:12] Warning! Skill 'dragonbreath' has been limited to 0.
    [07/21/17 21:44:12] You used Khutit Form.
    [07/21/17 21:44:21] You used Dragon Form.
    [07/21/17 21:44:52] Unable to recall while transitioning forms.

Now in the time I have written this, my dragon has still been stuck in transition back to dragon, sitting online now as a khutit. I have tried several times to transform back to dragon with 0 success. Now I am going to relog.. It seems to be acting like I was already in khutit form, when I was not, as you can see above, the Khutit form change was after my fly height and dragonbreath was limited to 0. Though as a khutit, when I try and jump, it barely makes a sound. but when I tried to fly as a dragon, it's a loud thumping as I jump up and down trying to take flight (like a hatchie) ??

Update: after relog, I was back in dragon mode and able to fly again
    Last edited by Malicore; July 22nd, 2017 at 02:03 AM.

Thread Information