Thread: Who Broke the ability to apply novians?

Default Who Broke the ability to apply novians?

When trying to add novians to a building, it now says tool required: Istaria's Blessing, Instead of Ingenuity (istarian army knife). This was a patch that was installed between yesterday and today. This applies to all structures.

Default Re: Who Broke the ability to apply novians?

This was an intended change to allow all races to apply novians. I believe it's actually an older change, as well, as I remember it being discussed multiple months ago. It's simply a name change and you should be able to apply novians regardless of not actually having an item called Istara's Blessing.

However, if it's preventing you from applying novians, that's certainly a problem.

you can not apply any novians to any structure. it dims out the apply or OK button. whatever it's called. Though I'm not sure I follow what you're saying, because all races could apply novians before this change, as far as I knew.

Now all races are blocked

There was an issue that popped up around December 28th, 2016 where dragons could no longer apply novians to biped plots due to the fact novian application required a tool and a specific skill. Before this date, novians bypassed the skill and tool check, allowing anyone to apply them, but after an unrelated client change, novians no longer did.

So, a change was made to no longer require a tool to apply novians under the guise of 'Istara's Blessing' on January 6th, 2017 with client 393.63. The fix was verified internally.

That's what I was trying to explain: the "Istara's Blessing" text isn't new and was a bug fix in itself

Though if you cannot apply any novians at all, you are correct in there being an issue here. I'll alert the tech team to your problem - do you know of anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Everyone, Some dragons were also saying they couldn't apply novians on Chaos last night, As far as I can tell, it's a world issue atm. No one can apply, I tested Malicore (Sslik) and Mordel (Dragon) both are GMC crafters and neither can apply

I could apply just fine day before yesterday. then we got the patch and now no one can apply. Both my alts listed above are on Order

Novians shouldn't require any skill at all to apply, just ingenuity tool or ability. I haven't tried any recently.

The OK button is greyed out, until you move the slider "Resources to Use" to the right.

Have you tried moving the slider bar to the right? If you have Novians in inventory, the slider bar will be allowed to move to the right. The instant you increase the slider bar, the OK button is no longer grey and allows you to hit OK (its no longer grey when you move the slider bar).

So far, I'm not able to reproduce any issues applying Novians to a plot.

The only issue I see, is the OK button is greyed out when I check the box "Use Novian Resources".
    However, once I move the slider bar "Resources to Use:" to the right, the OK, button is no longer grey and allows me to click the OK button and it applies correctly for me.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I just checked, and you're correct.. I moved the slider and was then able to use the OK button again. Thanks. Though why didn't I have any issue the day before I wrote this post.. I applied noviand that night with no issue with OK button, next day it was dimmed. That is, until you move the slider (shrugs)

Could be I just didn't pay attention. I dunno
    Last edited by Malicore; July 22nd, 2017 at 02:11 AM.

Thread Information