Thread: Dralk visions of fiery skies

Default Dralk visions of fiery skies

Since the large delta, everytime I go to dralk or fire island, I bring back the fiery sky and the falling ash effects. Now sometimes it clears up in a few minutes, or after a few teleports.. Other times I need to relog to fix this, or turn off enviroment effects and turn them back on to clear it. It's annoying

Default Re: Dralk visions of fiery skies

I have this same issue.
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

I can't reproduce that.

Can you tell me if you're playing in full screen or window mode?
    What are your Graphic and Detail, in Options, Video set to?

Trying to see if something in common with the issue.

I also tried this with loading screens turned off. Is yours on or off? (Thats the /setpref environmentSystemEffects true|false ). Some people manually turn them off.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 10th, 2017 at 11:49 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I can't reproduce that.

I also tried this with loading screens turned off. Is yours on or off? (Thats the /setpref environmentSystemEffects true|false ). Some people manually turn them off.
    Environment settings are on. Windowed mode (can't set graphic options in windowed mode) Graphic and Texture details are set to half, view distance set to high. Loading screen is default (on)

Several other people have also mentioned same issue. So this isn't just me
    Last edited by Malicore; August 11th, 2017 at 03:24 PM.

Just an added FYI. It might help to know, I have not gone to any snowy areas to check if I get same issue. I have been in blighted areas and that does not follow me when I leave

Very puzzling. I am still not able to reproduce it. Tried your settings. Going back and forth from Halloween blighted area (Fall Festival area with spiders), Dralk. The moment I recall or take a teleporter out, the sky turns back the same as it always does. There hasn't been any client updates that would affect that either.

If you play with the support logs enabled, might be able to pin point it that way.

If you have debug logs on, then you can keep opening them up as you go in and out of blighted areas.
    client_debug_log_08-11-17_22_55_36.txt for example.

Open with notepad and Ctrl+F the word TEnvironmentManager

When I go to spooky spiders:
    DEBUG TEnvironmentManager::MainUpdate Changing environment to region file: region_undeadsimple

Once I recall out and the sky clears up:
    WARNING TEnvironmentManager::MainUpdate Changing environment to default - not in a region

You'll see those entries as you enter a leave those types of areas. The key one, is that when you leave the blighted or dralk area, you should see an entry about "MainUpdate Changing environment to default - not in a region".

If you can provide all log files in support ticket, when this situation happens, that'd be most helpful.

Also a describe what/how you did it. Teleported out, recalled, walked from one region to another, etc. I was around coordinates x,y and I recalled to ?, etc.

As I mentioned, dralk and fire island seem to be the only places I am having this issue. Sometimes it clears up, most times it will clear after a few teleports. It clears if I turn off environmental effects and reenable. I recall to augh, it's my bind spot. I have teleported to other towns and sometimes it clears, others it takes a relog or envir off/on to clear. I will enable the debug when I go to place more resources at the Lava Tube. Will post back once I get the problem.

Blighted area's seem to clear up a few moments after a recall from that area. nothing stays too long in that respect. Just dralk and fire island

Cegaiel, I am sending in a ticket for Fore Island Lava Tube. I will write Attention Cegaiel on it. This file is too long and I was at fire island for about 5 - 10 minutes after opening lava tube construction window. You may also want to give that a try. go open the window, might not matter how long, stay in the lair about 5 minutes and recall. It seems to make it happen every time.

There's a lot of bugs in this file, I found where it loaded the tube and such around it, but after recalling to Aughundell, there was nothing using the name you asked me to search for in the file after recall "TEnvironmentManager" I will send screen shot as well of my window in augh

I had to add a reply to the ticket as I was only allowed to send one file at a time. BTW after about 15 - 20 minutes now in Augh, it's still fiery sky and falling ash.

1 more thing, I used an alt in that. totally seperate install from Malicores and ended in same results
    Last edited by Malicore; August 12th, 2017 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Update

Thank you for the scenario. I see exactly whats going on now. Its a transition from an underground tunnel (that also has environment effects - such as volcano ash effect) to a normal region. I've passed this off to tech team.

In the meantime, if you walk outside of the volcano tube before recalling, you shouldn't have the stuck effects.

It only does this on Order, but not Chaos. I'm pretty sure it's because the volcano tube is still under construction, so it's sort of in a limbo state. I believe once the tube is completed, then recalling from the tunnel shouldn't cause the stuck effects. But will still have tech look at it.

But if you think of another scenario that does this, please update
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 12th, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

Thank you, I left the lava tube and went into the tunnel with the golems and recalled, I did not have any trouble when I returned to Augh. BUt I only just now saw your message. I was going to suggest t might have had something to do with the Lava Tube. I'm not sure why I have also had this issue in Dralk. other than I was using the crafting lair in town, but I have not had it in the past few days while trying to recreate the problem. If it reappears again, I'll try and capture it. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I can't reproduce that.

windowed mode
    graphic and texture detail are set at 50%
    loading screens on

link to my settings screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwm96qmb0i...pture.JPG?dl=0
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

New update Dralk: I went to dralk in attempt to make sure a Hatchie was going to be ok going up to peak of storms. I stopped and waited just in the doorway to the Hermit's lair. The player decided to recall and do Ascension somewhere else, so I recalled to augh. Now again I am stuck with ask / fiery sky.

So this is not just about the fire island tunnel. It does happen from inside Dralk as well.

I did NOT get it when I went to make some obsidian for said player yesterday. But as I stated, this time I was just inside the door to Lanternal Hermit's lair when I recalled

Ok, thanks, I can reproduce that. This is good.

There'll be an update to blight client (no eta) for this issue.
    You'll know when it occurs, as these notes will be attached on community site:

• FIX: Environment Effects Persist (sometimes)

Thanks for the update.

Thread Information