View Poll Results: What color scheme do you prefer for new trophy colors (Tier 1 - 6)

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

16 38.10%
  • B

26 61.90%

Thread: Final Vote for Trophy/Junk Loot Colors

Default Final Vote for Trophy/Junk Loot Colors

There was an initial vote done through Discord to decide on new colors to help sorting trophies in inventory.

We know not everyone uses Discord, so wanted to also give opportunity to those who don't, have a chance to weigh in their vote.

The top row in this image shows how trophies are currently colored, by tier (Tier 1 to Tier 6)

A and B is the top 2 choices for new colors. Please choose your favorite choice on new colors for trophies/junk loot.

Some background on the reasoning of "B" that was discussed on Discord. Most MMO's follow a traditional color scheme of Common to Rare. White, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple. B represents that scheme. While "A" was more brilliant colors to make sorting easier.

Either way, currently the top 4 tiers are easily confused.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 12th, 2017 at 11:56 PM.

Default Re: Final Vote for Trophy/Junk Loot Colors

Where's the vote to leave it as-is?

none of the choices are any better.

Use the wisp color tiering for junk loot.

Keep the trophies following the color scheme of stone.

Skip this nonsense.

In one of the original votes in the discord, it was clear that it was a choice between one of the options (option B here) and the original as a competitor against option A... the original was losing bad. So rather than waste a vote, many of us voted for the option B here.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

The initial vote to keep current scheme was 22. The original vote against it was 69 . 3:1 was against the current color scheme.

I don't think adding 'keep the current scheme', in the final vote (and dillute results furthur is needed). Current color scheme already lost by about 31%
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 13th, 2017 at 07:28 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

not sure I even see a need for a change (shrug). I don't see anything exciting about the new choices. just new colors, doesn't change anything else. I am already used to the original. Null vote

If you want to vote for something of any significance, have a vote for removing the cap on how may times you can use trophies before the value is lowered. let it remain the same value at all times
    Last edited by Malicore; December 13th, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

What I liked about old trophies is that they were colored by tier according to metal resources, thus it was easily recognizable:

-T1: Bronze
    -T2: Iron
    -T3: Gold
    -T4: Platinum
    -T5: Mithril
    -T6: Adamantium

Now, if a change has to be done, I would mostly agree with the "B" idea. The color scheme I've mostly seen in MMORPGs is:

-Common: white
    -Uncommon: green
    -Rare: blue
    -Epic: purple
    -Legendary: orange
    -Mythic: red
    (-Divine: yellow)

If this had to be used, it would look like:

Option 1.1: T1-T6 = white to red
    Option 1.2: replace red with yellow

Option 2: T1-T6 = green to yellow
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

I prefer B, but my main concern is with people who are color blind, as there is no color blind option in the client at the moment. I have no idea which option would be preferable to them.

I voted for A just because there seems to be a better contrast between the colors, and at my age, any contrast at all can help :)

But, what would be wrong with keeping the current colors and just putting a "1", "2", etc. on them instead of the "T"?

My biggest problem with the colors we have now are that on some monitors, some of the tiers' colors blend together for me. Having the number visible on the face of the token would help immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wealtheow View Post
    I prefer B, but my main concern is with people who are color blind, as there is no color blind option in the client at the moment. I have no idea which option would be preferable to them.
    Blue blindness:

Green blindness:

Red blindness:

I don't care what colour they are, I just want them to drop more and less junk.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

I did not vote because I like it as it is. I agree with increasing the drop rates. Drop rates should be improved period. I had a quest to kill 20 adamantium golems. After the 20 count, I totaled the drops I got: 2 shivers and 2 trophies. What a waste of time. Slimey on Order

I like A because there's a lot of difference, but the way they are now is fine with me. The drop rate is not good for many of those and what is most perplexing is that some tiers have universally awful drop rates while other tiers are much better.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

I don't see why we have to think that both of those need to be following the same color schemes.

We could easily have 2 different schemes for the junk loot and the trophies.

And thinking about it, the junk loot doesn't even need tiered by color anyway. They could all look the same and it wouldn't change anything. You go to the junk dealer, open a trade, click the junk button, it all trades away for coin...

The trophies, having them colored makes sense, since you need trophies of the correct tier to do turn-ins for EXP.

A better use of the artists' time who is working on all of these, would be splitting the 5 tiers of trophies into 20 or 21 tiers. So that each 5-Level range of trophies has its' own color, plus a color for level 100 (Tier 6). This would be an actual useful change.

Keep the current colors, then split each tiers' color into 4 versions that slightly vary it. Perhaps a dimmer to brighter scaling. This would be immediately obvious and intuitive which tier a trophy is part of.

The proposed change just feels like we are changing for no useful reason.

And as far as learning the colors, and the fact that they are different than "other mmo's colors" is not a big deal in the slightest. A level 1 player isn't going to be looting a t5 trophy and go "omg!, I have no idea what this color means?!?!" You learn the colors as you level and loot them... And you don't get both junky gear (gray) plain gear (green) and elite gear (purple or orange) from whatever mob you are hunting. Our armor and weapons are primarily all crafted. It's a totally different system, and makes no sense to try and copy the colors used in a completely different loot system.

So my vote would be:
    Junk loot: Don't care in the slightest
    Trophies: Split into unique colors for every 5 level range, plus a color for t6. And each group of 4 5 level ranges that line up with the tiers, keep them similar enough that we can tell the trophies tier (Since the tier determines the cities where they can be turned in).

The proposed changes feel like we they are being changed for no reason other than to just change them... (it's pointless)

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    A better use of the artists' time who is working on all of these, ...
    I want to clarify that the art team has no involvement with this change. Colors like this are decided by a string name of a tint file in the database and will be changed by running a batch SQL statement.

I'm refraining from commenting any response to this thread as the overall change is out of my hands and I cannot say much on behalf of those managing this change. However, I do want to comment that the reason it's changing in the first place is there was originally a vote over Discord in which players were asked whether they want to keep the current trophy colors or change it to A's scheme. A's scheme won via vote, but there was a lot of dissenting opinions as to what the colors should be, so the response was interpreted as 'a change is wanted, but not exactly what is given'.

A second poll was put up with a bunch of different color schemes, including the original colors. The original colors lost again and the two schemes that are in the current poll are what won out with the most votes.

Finally, it was decided to put the last poll on the forums as not everyone uses Discord to find out what the true majority prefers between the two colors.

I disagree with a change. I like it as-is, that they are in order of currency. Why is a change even wanted?
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsilas View Post
    ... However, I do want to comment that the reason it's changing in the first place is there was originally a vote over Discord in which players were asked whether they want to keep the current trophy colors or change it to A's scheme...
    I know that myself and many others chose F on Discord to keep it from becoming B...

that doesn't mean we agreed with the change, we just had to pick the "least awful" of the 2... because voting for no change would have resulted in a split vote and the ugly one would have had the most votes, but not the majority of votes...

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I know that myself and many others chose F on Discord to keep it from becoming B...

that doesn't mean we agreed with the change, we just had to pick the "least awful" of the 2... because voting for no change would have resulted in a split vote and the ugly one would have had the most votes, but not the majority of votes...
    I think you missed the first image in Sars' post, which shows that there WAS an initial vote held for change VS no change and change won.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Hi there,

I think the new color chemes look better because they are brighter then the original. Some of the darker may hard to see in the old cheme. But i dont see why you want to mess up the color cheme for the tiers.
    The original was based on the metals found in istaria:

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Cobalt (before it was changed to platin), Mithril, Adamantium

The colors in the current vote of cheme b would fit for the old cheme.

The change of the color that a (new) t2 trophy looks like a (old) t5 and the (new) t5 looks like (old) t1 trophy may cause more confusion among the players who already know the old cheme and i would like to stay with the old cheme but maybe with some more brightness and a bit more colorful to make them easier too see.

PS: Suggestion: May add the info for what level the trophys can be handed in, that would help especially the new players i think.

Chajanum Siamun

I like this idea would make it easier to sort out crap form Profit
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information