Thread: Changing Your Own Quest Colors

Default Changing Your Own Quest Colors

Some people still aren't happy with the quest colors, which is fine, can't please everyone...unless they could set it themselves. We can change the colors for our chat text, so why not quest names? One of my favorite features in Istaria is how customizable everything is, so this would be the icing on the cake! ^_^
    Niomira- 100/100/100/100 ancient, Order

Default Re: Changing Your Own Quest Colors

It is better since the dark quest titles were switched so you can read them now, but yeah, but some of the colors are still not quite visible.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

I like the new ones, but some people do still have trouble, yeah. This way, people can just make them as bright/dull as they like ^_^
    Niomira- 100/100/100/100 ancient, Order

The original color was fine. This feels like more changes just to change it. It solves no problem the game had, provides no benefit that I can see, and is ultimately harmful because it is really hard to read even for someone with 20/20 vision.

Being able to customize it, the same way that other parts of the UI are customizable, is fine. Someone wants red text in the quest window, knock yourself out. But this isn't what happened, we got horrible colors pushed on us with no way to change it...

Add the option to modify those colors, I think everyone will be satisfied. In the meantime it should be restored to the original color, which worked beautifully for 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    It solves no problem the game had
    Aside from making quest types easier to find, since it's a slog right now for anyone with a bunch of quests.

provides no benefit that I can see
    Good thing you aren't the be-all end-all of design choices then.

and is ultimately harmful because it is really hard to read even for someone with 20/20 vision.
    Probably the only point I can agree on. Except that they're fixing it, so it's a moot point in the end.

Outside of that mess, I like the idea of selecting your own colors. It would certainly solve the problem inherent in choosing your own UI colors and such. If we forego that, however, the colors would likely need to be off-white colors. Darker ones are asking for trouble.
    Art block is like constipation. Sometimes you just gotta push. Once you get something out, the rest just starts flowing right out and you're left thinking "When the heck did I get diarrhea?!"

Thread Information