Thread: HOWTO: Install and Play Istaria on Linux

Default HOWTO: Install and Play Istaria on Linux

YALP! Yet Another Linux Post..

Since I am messing around with linux in the last days (I've got too much free time I guess...) I decided to create yet another guide for installing Istaria under linux. The guide is based on Xubuntu 17.10, but may also be accurate enough for the other Ubuntu distributions. I decided to put up the guide on Istaria Lexica so everyone is able to add more info if necessary.

Have fun reading and feel free to ask me if you've got questions:
    http://www.istaria-lexica.de/How_to_...ria_on_Xubuntu

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Default Re: HOWTO: Install and Play Istaria on Linux

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.1 and I can't get Istaria to work for some reason. I get a black screen every time I run the game. It works fine in Windows. Anyone on the same version that got it running?
    You can checkout Trimtone here and see how effective it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissette View Post
    I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.1 and I can't get Istaria to work for some reason. I get a black screen every time I run the game. It works fine in Windows. Anyone on the same version that got it running?
    Did the patcher work fine but after patching it gets black?

------------------

Heya,
    hmm I tested Ubuntu 16.04 in the last days and basically Istaria works well on that box. I believe there is some graphical issue on your system, here are my thoughts:

1) Update the Ubuntu wine packages. Open a terminal and type 'sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install wine winetricks'. Apt will let you know if something is to be updated or everything is already up-to-date.

2) Wine might be configured incorrectly. Please verify using 'winetricks' if you've installed the correct dlls. The packages 'd3dx9_36' or newer and 'vcrun2005' need to be installed. Also, please ensure you've installed the 'corefonts' font package.

3) Please verify within the 'additional Devices' tool of Ubuntu if the proprietary driver for your graphics card is detected and running. Else give it a try and install it.

4) Istaria might have some issues.
    4.1) Start the launcher and log in. Press the 'Configuration' Button, then on the list check the 'Full Scan' and 'Clear World Cache' options. Press 'Back' and then try to play.
    4.2) Clearing the prefs folder might be worth a try, too. Browse to your Istaria install folder and open the 'prefs' directory. Clear all contents there and try to launch the game again.

Hope something above helps you.

------------------

Thread Information