Thread: Help pls

Default Help pls

I cant log in - same probs as Ming has.

Flame cant stay ingame- other error message.

We just wanted to show game to interested people-
    hmmpf - not a great performance:-(

(no accusation- I know its noboday`s fault- pls fix asap)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Help pls

They told me they fixed the problem with the account server. Maybe there is a dev on Discord now?
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

OK, cant even file a ticket,
    so I shall not be able to log in until someone looks into that
    thank you

Our CC is fine and my subs are payed by it. One of Lovs subs seems not to be payed (due 03/04/2018). My probs seem to by solved, I am able to login with both subs.

Flameus Nimrod: 100/100/100/100 Lupussan Nimrod: Adventure Rating 278 - Crafting Rating 234 GMC

Can Flameus file a ticket then?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

That is the same date that my payment did not go through. Apparently the problem hasn't been fixed for everyone. I do think that instead of cutting us off immediately !!! we might be given a notice and a few days to see what is going on. If it's on our side, we could fix and if it is on the Istaria side, that gives us time to contact them.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    That is the same date that my payment did not go through. Apparently the problem hasn't been fixed for everyone. I do think that instead of cutting us off immediately !!! we might be given a notice and a few days to see what is going on. If it's on our side, we could fix and if it is on the Istaria side, that gives us time to contact them.
    I mean...have you looked at the community page?

Credit Card Processing Istaria Community Manager
    March 1, 2018
    We're in the process of upgrading our accounts website but unfortunately as we're doing the transition we are unable to process credit cards. PayPal and Paysafe sill work fine. If you normally pay with a credit card and need some more time on your account create a support ticket and we'll get that taken care of for you.
    Not only was a notice sent out on March 1st, they're still keeping it up to date too:
    Logins Temporarily Down Istaria Community Manager
    March 5, 2018
    We're in the final stage of testing our new accounts website and unfortunately this may break your ability to log into the game. We don't expect the login server to be down for too long.

edit: We're done with this testing, logins should be working fine.

edit: Account deliverables (like appearance changes) and tokens are currently disabled. We'll post as soon as these are back online.
    Also...how are you being cut off? you can send in a support ticket, even when you can't log in because it has a guest system, just include info like your account name and they can connect the dots.

Well, meepsa, I didn't see it. Maybe I'm too stupid.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    And meepsa, why do you seem so outraged we didn't know? No, I didn't see the page you refer to. For some reason it did not come up on "new posts" in the forum. I found out eventually. Not everyone did.
    I'm not outraged, I'm just wondering why people say things aren't brought up when they are? The community page has always been the #1 spot to go to for news, especially news on sporadic events. The forums has almost never contained any form of sporadic news, the only reason to check it really (in my eyes) is the delta and client notes, and even those are sometimes forgotten when it comes to the forums.

Community Page>Discord>Support Ticket>Forums, that's the best order of getting info.

I'm not sure where you're seeing outrage? Again, just pointing out the fact that people were made aware ahead of time, heck, it's even in the launcher when you login and look at the news (and considering the billing failures happened around 4-5 March, it could be seen at least 3 days before being locked out of the ability to log in due to a billing failure, though that's an interesting idea, I wonder if they can put the news in the launcher on the login window rather than the character select window).

It's honestly kinda toxic that anyone that doesn't raise pitchforks or light torches when people raise an issue gets called "mad", "outraged" or whatever for pointing out that, if you want to stay up to date on things, you need to look at things.

True, not everyone found out, but everyone has the ability to simply go to http://community.istaria.com/

I did not see either Cixi.

And what I saw now - did not help much.

I expect from devs, that they help fast and kindly (e.g. : hey Lov- go to >link< and read all about it)
    - and not being tought like I was a slow learner.
    I am old yes-I might be scatty now and then-yes and I do not join discord for my own reasons.
    I have to steal me time to play Istaria, due to rl- so no time to read all there should be read.

But I`m- like Cixi- a long term player and paying custumer since many years.
    What I can also expect is -respect.
    This is not rl - this is still Istaria- I take the liberty of reminding to what made us strong and survive through all those years

I could not have said it better Lov

Knossos

If you're having login or account problems, please submit a support ticket at https://accounts.istaria.com so we can help you out privately.

We've all been working long hours to make sure that we help resolve any account issues as quickly as possible. During / after the account server upgrade, things were a bit slow to update.

We're here to help, but we need to know about an issue through the support system so we can help.

I post ways you can get that help faster than the forums, I explain you don't need an account because the support page for example has a guest option, I explain that the idea of "there was no warning!" is false with evidence.

What I am not doing is:
    -telling you to shut it and deal with it
    -telling you you don't deserve x,y,z

I've also been with the game for over a decade now, granted I've been around less lately because I simply have real life steal me away, and frankly, my experience with a section of the community about a year and a half ago has soured my experience of the game nearly permanently (the butterfly effect is a pain in the tail) to the point where I can only really log in and enjoy it once every other week or so. But I still pay my subs, I still log in occasionally to check the changes, I check if people have issues with the game and try to help out where I can.

The devs are busy people, they're propably swamped with tickets from people that do use that system, let alone finishing up whatever they've been working on and taking into account that 90% of the team is volunteers, I think the idea of demanding speedy replies is a bit over the top. If they had paid customer support employees? naturally. But volunteers? no.

I for one thank the devs in how quick they've handled the issues, speaking from experience of the early VI late IE days they've been consistent in their help with me and the issues I've run into in the past few years.

Concerning Cixi saying "cutting us off immediately" friend of mine had her creditcard declined on the 6th and her account showed right away no active account. Since they changed billing proceedures and seeing as more then one person having troubles it should of gave a warning and say a week grace period to regain their active status instead of abruptly cut off.

I for one (probably wrongly) expect my accounts to be billed properly and do not go every 6 months on the day due to see if they were paid or not.
    Last edited by Smaug; March 9th, 2018 at 03:33 PM.

One time a few years ago I got a message saying I had not paid for one plot holding account. I was not locked out of the game. It turned out my credit card hadn't been updated. I had time to find that out and fix the problem. I think that sort of timing would be more fair.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

He did file a ticket Tilithia,
    this it what we got as an answer:

" Greetings,

I don't see any login issues with this account ( flameus ). It looks like there was a rebilling for a Property Holder today, but it is delayed. The account server has been slow since the update, and some of the rebills are slow to occur. I have added a plot slot to your account until the 15th - I'm sure that will be enough time for the account server to catch up.

If you're having a problem with a different account, please send a support request from that account so we can look up your account info. I know that's not always convenient, but sending a support request from the account having problems is a really good way for us to validate the account owner / access account details.

Thank you for your patience while we sort out the account server, and thank you for supporting Istaria."

And just for info to those who follow that thread-
    we ordered a statement of account for cc: All 4 subs have been credited successfully to VI .

But I still cant log in with lov or Luna
    And I still have probs with filing a ticket

How would you feel in my situation?
    What shall I do?
    Who has an additional plot slot? Flame? He does not need...

ok- finally managed to file a ticket myself.. lets wait and see

Thank you Mali-
    That was first aid^^
    I was close to a heart attack

Prob is not solved- but at least I understand
    (perhaps^) whats going on

Thy for spending the evening with me on skype..

You're welcome. I hope tomorrow we can get this worked out with the rest of this info

Thread Information