Hey there folks! I just heard about this game today and wanted to try it out.

First off, one character slot for a free account??? Come on man at least let it be two. There's no way I was gonna pick anything other than dragon with only one character slot. Anyhoo

I naturally checked over the forums to read about what all dragons can do, and have been playing / experimenting for probably a couple of hours, and I'm very disappointed to find that dragons basically suck unless they go melee (or min-max like the devil)!

Dragons also have only one "school" each for Adventurer and Crafting, and the game coding / design apparently doesn't currently permit them to be split into multiple schools at this time. Altogether this looks to me like dragons were rather rushed in design and implementation and need a serious gameplay overhaul, the kind that would basically break all existing dragon characters and be like "Sorry everybody, we've refunded all your training points et al since dragons are completely different now!"

I was hoping to be like a templar sorta? A big ol' stone dragon sage, slow as molasses, full of archaeological knowledge (--> scary forgotten magic). I maxed out all the "be fat" sliders, she's thicc as all get out. Failing this idea I am okay with just making her a magic crafter but have to level her as a barbarian and spend however long on the respec!

I haven't played any other race yet since I don't want to delete my dragon, so my impressions of the game are solely from a dragon perspective and completely ignorant of how the mechanics affect any other race. With that in mind, my suggestions are:

• We've got to have those separate schools yo. (I should play a different race to see how separate schools actually work, they're a foreign concept to me as a dragon first character.)
  • Explain ingame what the stats actually do. "Helps with mentally complex craft skills" doesn't do it for me. Success rates? Quality levels? Resource saving? Extra material output? And which skills are "mentally complex" and which are "mentally demanding"? What does it mean???
  • Change Breath of Fire to be magic-based (or the higher between melee + magic). As it is, every single worthwhile attack dragons have is strictly melee-based and you'd have to be a madman to go magic. Also, is BoF seriously a single-target attack or am I just very unlucky with hitboxes? That mess should be an AoE mainstay
  • Possibly as part of the multiple schools overhaul, give dragons way more spells, especially attack spells whose cast times are proportionate to human life spans and not dragon ones. (And/or make one of the stats reduce cast times, like Dexterity)
  • Fix dragons' necks to have the "chest plating" not abruptly cut off right there it's quite jarring
  • Give Spitfyre her own movie, she's a darling

I kind of like the general idea of the same stats influencing combat and crafting - I presume the point there is to separate fighters from crafters and the screwiness of the stats does that pretty well. But again, I have no idea how any of those stats work in either a combat or crafting sense, so.

And don't worry I heard about the silly "wait until level 50 to become an adult so you get the bonus thingy" thingy. That'll be a while since I don't know if I'll get a standard access account yet, especially if dragons aren't gonna be patched anytime soon.

P.S. It'd be awesome if there were multiple dragon races just like there are multiple not-dragon races. The classical lizards are all fine and dandy but I would hurl money at fluffy or leafy dragons