Thread: Threat and schools

Default Threat and schools

We have some potential changes coming up for threat generation. So we wanted to ask, which schools do you think would be natural tanks? We also welcome your suggestions for changes.

So far warrior, Knight of Creation, and a toggle fir Dragons are what we've considered.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Threat and schools

Guardians have always seemed tanky to me. Granted, I've never played the school. Just going by ability list.

I would add Guardian to the list also. One idea I had regarding Guardian was an ability to tank magical damage. Not sure if a mob could have separate targets/tanks for magic attacks vs melee, in a case with a mob that uses both damage types. I think if it could, then some interesting group combat and epic hunts could come out of that.

Guardians don't have some skills other melee schools get and they're nature based which isn't always the most helpful.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Guardians don't have some skills other melee schools get and they're nature based which isn't always the most helpful.
    Knoc is something similar. other schools offer mastered abilities. no reason why now. Also Battlemage, and Chaos Warrior can be added to the (test these) list

Edited to remove my statement about guardian wearing plate. My mistake, Ty Knossos
    Last edited by Malicore; April 8th, 2018 at 06:54 PM.

I would say Guardian to. Maybe a remake of the class. Just the word Guardian means protect.
    Also paladin seems like a tank class
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

I agree with Paladin and Guardian as well. I played with my friends, one of whom was pala, and he tanked very well for our group of three.
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Guardian definitely, though I'd kinda disagree with paladin, while it can tank really good, isn't it supposed to be a super DPS against Undead?

One who strives to destroy all darkness kinda, so I'd say guardian yes, paladin no.
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Well, Paladin would have to be rather defensive in order to stand its ground against "the darkness," and retain their status as a leader of light. Paladin is definitely specialized for fighting against undead, and the definition being "a knight or heroic champion" or a "defender of a great cause". So while I wouldn't throw away it's sword, I definitely wouldn't throw away it's shield, either.

Our Paladin friend is our leader when it comes to the undead; he protects us with his knowledge, not raw strength.
    Last edited by xWaterwingx; May 26th, 2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason: fixed sum wording~
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Nobody's throwing its shield away AFAIK, just saying I feel it's good as it is, and doesn't need to become more tank or anything. :o
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Thread Information