Thread: Resource eruption

Default Resource eruption

Not being a dragon, I did not know what Hoard Breath was, but it spawned an idea.

Basic description: Resource eruption on guild plot. Cooldown 48+ hours. Ability received from a quest line (requirements TBD) Usable only on main guild plot. One per guild plot, random result.

Detailed description: Guild plot determines overall cooldown, despite individual player cooldown. Dragon uses ability on guild plot and a random resource Motherlode (independent of surrounding resource nodes) erupts from the plants crust and is player usable. It has the same respawn timers as other nodes. The node that erupts is a random T1-T6 node. Motherlode each time though. Only a guild officer of specific rank+ is able to delete the node. The initial cooldown is still in affect though. So it may take many weeks or months to get a specific resource. The node spawns in random open spaces on the guild plot.

I spoke with a few veteran'd Dragon and biped players that enjoyed the idea and none felt it was "game changing". Just something different.

If a plot is geared specifically towards crafting, having a nearby source like this is not necessarily an "easy button", but something different.

Unthought of abuses or comments welcome.

Toger Mcnagle, Chaos, The Bone Clan

Default Re: Resource eruption

Cool. Please more idears that give you benefits from being in a guild. A lot of games have that. May it be a buff or something bigger i want it XD.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Just build your plot next to a resource field.

Otherwise it really is just "easy button".

It just made me thik a bit. There is absolutely no bonus you get from being in a guild other than having more storage space IF they open your plots to guild members that is. A lot games do offer some kind of guild bonus. Maybe Ista will come up with one some day too

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Would be nice yep.

I loved what Asheron's Call did for thier allegiances (guilds). You didn't just join, you swore to a member and they became your patron and you their vassal. As a vassal you passed up to your patron a percentage of all exp you earned (started at 25% I think), with the amount increasing the longer you was sworn to the same person. Patrons had the incentive to help their vassals to keep them happy and not leaving to swear to someone else.

In the beginning went all the way to the top, later they changed it to where only 10% of what a patron received would be passed up to their patron so only a couple above got any meaningful amount. A member could have a max of 12 people sworn to them so total amount being passed up could be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Would be nice yep.

I loved what Asheron's Call did for thier allegiances (guilds). You didn't just join, you swore to a member and they became your patron and you their vassal. As a vassal you passed up to your patron a percentage of all exp you earned (started at 25% I think), with the amount increasing the longer you was sworn to the same person. Patrons had the incentive to help their vassals to keep them happy and not leaving to swear to someone else.

In the beginning went all the way to the top, later they changed it to where only 10% of what a patron received would be passed up to their patron so only a couple above got any meaningful amount. A member could have a max of 12 people sworn to them so total amount being passed up could be very nice.
    I have seen other games that the more members you have in training under you, the more xp and rewards you got. So if you accept someone as a trainee, they were listed in a separate pop-up window as trainee's, if you had 1 person on that list you got xx percent more rewards. if you has 5, or 10 or 15.. the reward would increase slightly. you were, however, limited on the number of trainee's you could have.. something like 25. There are many other things this can be used for.

Though, you have to offer them the training, and they have to accept. and or vice versa.

Thread Information