Thread: Lets just take everything, Ranger

Hybrid View

Default Lets just take everything, Ranger

• Lightning Arrows now only applies to special attacks (I believe this also applies to ELAR's)
    • Temporary Stun, Root, Banish, Bleed, and Mesmerize Resistance now lasts for 6s (up from 3s)
    • "Did you forget to tell everyone you also lowered all the stun timers to 4 seconds?" Thunder (has been nerfed for a while) and thundercloud down from 0:14, lightning arrow (now basically useless) all down to 4 seconds while the Immunity goes up to 6 seconds

You are basically taking away everything that makes a ranger worth playing, and his ability to keep his prey at bay so he can survive. Do we have to give up our bows too?

Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

That does not sound good Mali,
    and Surth not stunnable anymore? Does not sound good either.

I have the feeling, that lots of measures and changes within the last year,
    are ment to bring some uber-uber players down to earth-
    and stop them from "soloing" epics. Or force us to make bigger groups..
    That might work yes,
    and we- no uber ubers- can go for sandstone golems and group to kill KNOXX.
    (sry devs- lots of frustration here- but I already talked about that, no need to repeat myself all the time.
    Thy for the work for this update-. its appreaciated!! do not get me wrong. )
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; April 29th, 2018 at 06:41 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I mean dragons had a pretty big "nerf" (I still don't consider it that, more a rebalance) before new things were added to them to give them a more varried playstyle (the spells come to mind, those would have never come if goldrage was still a 15sec ability, as well as the rebalancing on some of the other abilities)

Who knows, maybe this holds promise to make Ranger/ELAR something more than stunbots, maybe their other abilities can be reviewed to have some actual bloody use?

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    I mean dragons had a pretty big "nerf" (I still don't consider it that, more a rebalance) before new things were added to them to give them a more varried playstyle (the spells come to mind, those would have never come if goldrage was still a 15sec ability, as well as the rebalancing on some of the other abilities)

Who knows, maybe this holds promise to make Ranger/ELAR something more than stunbots, maybe their other abilities can be reviewed to have some actual bloody use?
    Not sure what other abilities you think a Ranger might have that's not already in use. The ability to cast cloak of thorns? their ability to cast growth and regrowth? hmmmm, yes, I can see the implications (we could become healers with these and the 2 heals spells we can use (wink) )

Not sure where this stunbot non-sense is coming from, they fixed stunning a long time ago (when claiming they were going to put a stop to mobs stun locking players.. who got the nerf? definitely not the mobs, just the players). The other Ranger abilities are all fine otherwise, and always in use
    Last edited by Malicore; April 29th, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    Not sure what other abilities you think a Ranger might have that's not already in use. The ability to cast cloak of thorns? their ability to cast growth and regrowth? hmmmm, yes, I can see the implications (we could become healers with these and the 2 heals spells we can use (wink) )

Not sure where this stunbot non-sense is coming from, they fixed stunning a long time ago (when claiming they were going to put a stop to mobs stun locking players.. who got the nerf? definitely not the mobs, just the players). The other Ranger abilities are all fine otherwise, and always in use
    Thanks for proving my point that scout literally was just a stunbot because the only defining ability about it is lightning arrows. And mobs are hit equally by the immunity? whenever I get stunned I definitely also get the immunity. Thing is, if you could re-apply the stun before it expired and gave the immunity, it'd just refresh itself, this made ranger still quite the stunner with low enough delay.

Sure a lot of its abilities are shared with <insert any bow using class here>, but at the same time every bow class is...well, in the gutter. They could improve the abilities shared between those classes, or maybe give them something more unique when it comes to passives than increased armor or range. Or heck, give it some of it's own abilities rather than something frankensteined from other classes, You're literally saying: "Ranger has nothing that defines it except lightning arrows (shared with ELAR), Cloak of thorns, Growth and Regrowth (all shared by druid)."

Just shouting that a nerf needs to be reverted generally speaking doesn't get you anywhere in any game, looking at opportunities tends to get a better reaction.

your just throwing around the word stunbot without any real concept of what you are talking about. You do know that lightning arrow and dragon crystals, do not mix? If you want to help take down an anchor you need to disable lightning arrow, in order to use a spirit crystal.

This works with any mob that doesn't pertain to nature.. must disable lightning arrow to use xx crystal. I think they well covered their grounds on stopping what you poorly refer to as Stunbots. What I meant by what is already in use is pinion, long shot, head shot and the other 3 abilities they have. so what's with this constant "oh see? you prove my point that they are stun bots" Sheesh. go play a ranger before you make such statements

They made lightning arrow the same as stuns many years ago, giving the mobs 4 second stun and 3 second resist, just like everyone else. I had no trouble with that. but there was no need to place it now on only abilities. and still the same changes go to lightning arrow as the new stuns too.. now 3 second stun with 6 second immunity.. They are no more a stun bot than any nature class in the game.

As it stands right now? with the new updates on blight, I don't consider them any more useful than just playing a scout
    Last edited by Malicore; April 29th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

*defers further leveling of ranger school until the air clears*

Knossos

Thread Information