Thread: Fullscreen Borderless

Default Fullscreen Borderless

Exactly what is this supposed to do? I've tried it and see no differance between it and the Fullscreen option we had.

Now a borderless windowed mode I could understand....

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Fullscreen Borderless

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Now a borderless windowed mode I could understand....
    That's actually what it is, the devs just wrote it wrong.

Fullscreen: Puts the game on total focus on your computer and renders in a complete fullscreen mode. If you tab out, you'll likely crash and it can take a few moments to swap screens.

Windowed: Easy tabbing around your computer, but the window is smaller and has borders on it that make it overall smaller

Fullscreen borderless AKA Borderless windowed mode: The computer considers it a 'window', but it appears in full screen. Meaning you get the pretty benefits of full screen without the drawbacks of crashing/long load times when tabbing out

ahh ok thx

My only problem with borderless mode is they set it up so it only displays on null so if you are like me where I use dual monitors it will only work on display 1 but in regular windows mode I can play it from either screen

It does seem to not allow dual logging. When using fullscreen borderless and try to switch to 2nd login I lose cursor soon as i click on something. Happens on the login screen also. Strange that no problem with cursor and desktop or any other window like browser.

Wow, they have borderless window now?

I don't remember that being the case last I played.

Was added recently, this year I believe.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ahh! That would explain that. That's a HUGE plus. I remember always having the frustration of being forced to run it in windowed mode... though these days I must have the taskbar visible as often as possible, so....

But still! nice option to have.

works pretty well cept for like I posted dual logging. Can always get to the task bar by clicking the winkey.

Only issue with that, is I need to see the task bar because I use a telnet clone for messaging with some friends, and I need to see the button flashing when I receive new messages... though I Suppose I could try to see if I could get said client's sound cues to work. That might help.

Thread Information