Thread: Target Window Problems With Mobs

Default Target Window Problems With Mobs

To evaluate various problems listed below I made a hotkey to "cycle next enemy". Using this hotkey every 2 seconds or so in an area having live (currently active) spawn(s) of mobs, and noting that according successive targeted mobs are shown in the target window at increasing distance - usually no greater than 200 meters before restarting the cycle beginning with the nearest mob - and thus I concluded that the intended maximum targeted mob range is currently 200 meters.

Repeated cyclying of the mobs occasionally "targets" a mob at greater than 200 meters and typically this target range slowly increases - in some cases up to as much as 2000 meters or more. This is bug #1.

To illustrate bug #2, cast a spell while the target window is showing a mob at range greater than 200 meters. The spell indeed triggers as expected by virtue of the mob being in the target window, but does not cast because the target mob is out of range and the game feedback message is "out of range" by a number of meters always less than 200.

Now simply wait until the target window goes blank and see bug #3 - the game feedback continues to report that the target is out of range.

Bug #4 can, with patience, be observed in the unguarded marble spawn just to the west of the eastern outpost on the north side of the road. From time to time a mob, usually a yew treant or a forest oastic, will enter the marble field. The mob can be targeted but cannot be damaged, nor does it attack.

Hopefully the above information, perhaps supplemented in this thread by the observations of other players of these and possibly related bugs, will allow the smashing of these and related bugs

Knossos

Default Re: Target Window Problems With Mobs

Knossos: To illustrate bug #2, cast a spell while the target window is showing a mob at range greater than 200 meters. The spell indeed triggers as expected by virtue of the mob being in the target window, but does not cast because the target mob is out of range and the game feedback message is "out of range" by a number of meters always less than 200.

The 2nd isn't a bug actually. there's a setting in the options if enabled (Free movement) will stop you from running to targeted mob, hence it will try to attack and even when mob is xx meters out of range. It will still continue until you cancel
    your action (used to be spacebar as I still have old options setup, not sure of current stop action key). If the option is disabled to allow you to move, it will run within range of said mob and attack. (usually meant for physical attacks. I can not confirm spells) I think they were never able to separate the spell from the physical attack as far as the actual attack command goes. An attack is an attack, be it physical or spell. This has been in the game since the beginning.

3: I can confirm, as I believe it used to stop trying to attack once a mob cleared from the window.

4: is a latency or lag issue between client and server. The mob doesn't really exist, therefore can not be attacked, nor attack
    Last edited by Malicore; May 19th, 2018 at 07:56 PM.

Default Re: Target Window Problems With Mobs

I had experience earlier today with bug #4. I was in the marble field just west of the Eastern Outpost and north of the road. An Enraged Shining Wisp wandered into the field. The wisp could be targeted but could not be damaged by my cast and triggered spell. The game feedback for the spell which had been cast was a repeated message that the target was out of range. I did not chase the wisp to see whether or not it really existed but in recollection I have chased such targets to find that they really exist and can be killed when the game feedback appropriately advises that damage is being done. Perhaps there are bugs 4A and 4B.

Knossos

Thread Information