Thread: An answer for Mr. Tulumello

Default An answer for Mr. Tulumello

He asked in a thread in this forum now locked what a credible buyer is.

For me this has two answers and both are important.

1) An experienced MMO dev stepping forward and offering to buy the game to realize its potential. I was of the opinion and I look forward to seeing if you can prove me wrong that the company in place now which is just AE with the new Tulga Games name is not up to the task of taking the concept that is HZ to its full.

2)A company that wasn't created 3 days before the chapter 11 filing with the expressed purposes of acquiring the game debt free. When Mr Bowman said there was an interested third party most of us hoped would be an an existing MMO dev that was looking at Horizons.

Regardless the sale has been approved. What are YOU doing to make sure this never happens again ? Because Dangit got it all completely wrong. The current management is still in place that brought the game into this mess and the one that squandered money never existed. The Bulk of the money used to develop HZ was done so after David Allen was removed from the project. The Verio contract was signed after he left and the same with GN. So I am not sure if Dangit was saying this was the fault of the Allen management because it was not. That management is still intact and has not been swept aside.

BUT !!!

I did agree with his assertion that since your more clear association with AE a lot more has been done with the game. Just don't beat around the bush as to why this all happened. Stupid the general community is not.

Time to move forward and I hope YOU personally CAN LEAD this game to its full potential.

Default Re: An answer for Mr. Tulumello

Try, Atryou, Grimlik, or what ever name you want to use. I mentioned nothing about Allen,So dont go putting words into peoples mouths.

Yes the contract with verio was made afterAllen was gone. Do you know whose signature was on the contract with verio? Who negotiated that contract? at the time David Bowman was not the only one in a position of authority at AE.David Bowman has made somechoices with the game that even I dont agree with but tosay he is the sole reason for things being the way they are is just being petty and blind to the whole history of what has happened at AE.

Dangit

It was your own words. Needless to say your post was confusing. I do know the timelines involved they are public knowledge.

Considering your past stances I found it hard to believe that you were making comments about what was clearly a David Bowman management team. Everything David Allen was purged completely before the game was even developed and the last vestiges on the development team were gone last december.

So I wasn't sure and many felt the same were not quite clear on what your intentions were there. I read that as you flaming the management that ran the game from December to July. It was the only way to read it.

Oh and yes I am Atrayou. I made a new name because well for some reason my other was put on pre approval for no apparent reason. Unless of course if it was because I was disagreeing with the fanboi crowds at times than maybe yes.

But as we can see Perhaps Mr. Tulumello can lead this game to where it needs to be.

Try not to get so defensive Dangit. Makes your position seem less sure. Not a flame but an observation. I'm not the enemy here remember that. We do indeed both want the same things. We just disagree with how the game is supposed to get there. I use the common sense approach to such things. Handle little ability actually.

Then let me clear it up in this way.

How much funding do the records show was raised after Allen was gone? How much before? Who was incharge of the business aspects of AE after Allen was gone? Bowman didnt become sole CEO/President till later. Who negotiated the contract with verio?

There have been other people involved with AE and Horizons that have made some bad choices that helped put AE where it is today. Sure Bowman has made some stupid mistakes that went against what the community would have like to of seen. But as I said trying to lay everything on Bowman is being petty and blind.

As to Chris Tulumello not being a creditable buyer. Mr Tulumello is an advid player of Horizons, he enjoys the game and wants to see it continue. He was not part of AE when a lot of these choices were being made. He came in to help ensure that the Horizons game survives. He was never "inCharge" like other might try to portray.But hesoon will be.He has said that he wants to keep the design team in tact so continuity will be maintained. Which is a good thing for those wholikethe game play of horizons. He didnt saythat David Bowman was going to be his President and CEO.

Dangit, the one thing you are missing here is the concept of complicity. Just because someone else's signature is on an agreement, it does not exonerate another person who had the power to say something to make a difference and did not, but instead was sitting right there, going "yupyupyupyup".

As such, that "dodge" doesn't wash. Now, you can try to make a case for "ignorance", but is that really a better excuse for the game's/company's gross incompetence than complicity?

Made some stupid mistakes that went against what the community would like to have seen? Snuh? Why would you even deign to qualify that against the community, unless you are going to try to wave it away by discrediting the community as a whole? News flash: stupid mistakes resuliting in losing money in your company to the point of having to file Chapter 11 goes against what the INVESTORS and SECURED CREDITORS would like to have seen, the community be damned (as it has been).

I think Tryagain outlined some good criteria for what makes a credible buyer. Being a player of Horizons that wants to see it continue no more makes CT a "credible buyer" than me, you, or several thousand others who have stuck it out thus far. While it is true that CT didn't say DB was going to be his President and CEO, he also hasn't said anything to the contrary. In fact, he hasn't said anything at all with regards to possible management restructuring, with the exception of what you mentioned about the design team.

As we have already discussed elsewhere, my money is on "Business As Usual". I foresee a statement the likes of "The current team is working hard, and I believe that they should be allowed to continue unimpeded by any significant changes to the company structure". Of course, my hope in posting this is that I will be proven wrong. So far, my batting average in several categories is pretty good, though. We'll see.

Work = Effort x Results. Without tangible, positive Results, no amount of Effort will ever be translated into Work, despite anyone's claims about how much "hard work" they are doing.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I have seen many times such moves.

A company is in debts and about to default.
    Then comes "an hand" so the worst is avoided and the situation can become "stable".

But stable not in the sense we'd want. Stable as frozen business that slowly dries up till it ends, forgotten, with a faint "plop".

People will have mostly healed bruises by then and will just deal and be done with it and switch to something new, both consumers, developers, bitten investors etc.

This is what AE apparently is doing. And GN.

AE have no tangible plans to show us for when they'll be done with lairs and ancient (that if you believe them, are a matter of a month - a company should have a vision way farter than this).
    All we are told (of course in IRC only - when it works) is some generic "automated city attacks" that are like anchors but a bit smarter and in the cities.

But people out there want a working game with nice things to do, not "automated dumb" things.
    3 weeks and anchors are already old. City attacks will be the same.

And then? And then?

What is there, written black on white, that tells us where we are headed?

Silence is not a good sign, because then people are entitled to start thinking that silence has a reason to be and start conjecturing everything.

I.e. no notice about GN. What does it mean? That they'll put Unity on "maintenance" mode till the last dude quits like they are doing for the other games they host?

We already have a stinking real life where we don't know if tomorrow we will be displaced and kicked away in our job by an outsourcer.
    Having the same sense of uncertainty in a game is a killer. And makes people still liking this game go to "secured places" like Wow and similar.

Instead in Horizons we get these gods-know-it-all-and-live-in-an-ivory-tower that decree that everything is "working as intended" and we are free to believe and suck it or quit, regardless if we already invested a day or a year in our characters.

Were they always right, it could indicate a strong (albeit absolutistic) leadership.

But seeing the past records it reminds more of living in a jungle by the day with no idea or plan on what to do tomorrow but "survive the events".
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information