Thread: 5 mins of wish was all I needed

Default 5 mins of wish was all I needed

I was very excited to try out the Beta of Wish when i finally got activated today, But it did not last long when i started to play the game. My frist turn off was the awfull camera movements My middle mouse button is very sensitive and it would keep going from FP view to TP view and the camera movements were very choppy and difficult to move around. Another thing that turned me off was Right click to move. Man that gets annoying and using it in tight coners and inside buildings forget it you keep falling off the stairs or run in cirlces.

Default Re: 5 mins of wish was all I needed

Different controls are always hard to pick, but once you get used to them you may actually like it.
    For me it reminds of NWN which I play alot, so I don't have too many troubles with it.

Looks like a great game, and I might actually get this one when it comes out.

ahh five minutes huh - well you certainly gave it a fair shake!

*rolls eyes*

Perhaps if you'd tried another five minutes you'd have figured out you can customize not only your mouse controls, but all your keyboard controls as well, including the camera for both.

The only thing you can't change is using PnC to move.

But hey - after five minutes you've made your decision, don't let the DOOR hit you on the way out (yea, see..cuz WISH has doors ;))

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    However it would be nice if they introduced a keyboard movement option at least...
    Mutable Realms has been asked to provide this option over & over again, and they will not. They have flatly stated that keyboard movement will not ever be supported, even as an option. They are committed to P&C and are adamant that this will not ever change.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Dranar

The reason for no other option is a Bandwith reason, more or less.

What it does is when you do "point and Click" all it needs to do is navigate you from point A to point B on the server, it's not getting a constent read every second from your computer that, "Yes, you are pressing forward".

It lowers bandwith a lotand is part of what is going to allow for there to be one big world rather than a lot of smaller servers. It allows for easy following... Rather than the client constently checking the server every three seconds for the location of the leader, it is simply fed the ending location that is clicked and you head there, you are following where the leader is going to go.

I found the system cumbersome at first myself but after continuing with it I really rather like it, even now prefer it to Horizons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    ahh five minutes huh - well you certainly gave it a fair shake!

*rolls eyes*

Perhaps if you'd tried another five minutes you'd have figured out you can customize not only your mouse controls, but all your keyboard controls as well, including the camera for both.

The only thing you can't change is using PnC to move.

But hey - after five minutes you've made your decision, don't let the DOOR hit you on the way out (yea, see..cuz WISH has doors [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img])

I have more resaons why I quit playing it, mainly my heart lies With HZ and after about a Hour of playing it I missed every one on HZ and just had to come back.

you know..nothing says you only have to play one!

I'm, not leaving Horizons, I never did leave - I'm in Horizons just as much as I've been in WISH (actually more so with their server issues they are having right now) :)

And I've arleady committed to not spending more than "every other night" in WISH, so that makes every other night in Horizons.

For an entire 30 days...then it will be back to Horizons full time :). And when it goes live, then I shall again go at MOST "every other night" :).

But if you have more reasons then you should have stated them - of course, that's only if you wanted your post to come off as less of a whine by some slamboi and more thought out.

But no, WISH isn't for everyone *shrugs*.

And yes KUMU, as Dranar said - if they don't have PnC, then they can't do one world server. And then they can't do the live content as *true* live content. If they go with multiple servers just for the WASD crowd then basically, you've got just another "fake" live content situation where all the servers have to be kept sincronous etc.etc...and hence run into the same issues Horizons has with their supposed "live content" :).

So they have PnC - they are keeping PnC. Because they are keeping the one world server, and don't want to crash everyone ;). And they are keeping the doable, actual, live content.

Its not really something that was ever up for debate - it seems like. Its just the way of the game *shrugs*. Doesn't much bother me, so I'm fine with it. I don't "love" it anymore than I don't "Love" many aspects of Horizons - but I'm still paying for HZ aren't I? :)

But yes, the pathfinding system is fabulouso. Its a very easy system.

Thread Information