Thread: List of things that just don't work, as intended or not.

Default List of things that just don't work, as intended or not.

As a relatively new player, and just now browsing the boards for the list of problems, what I would like to see is a list of things that don't work.

I have seen spell techs that don't work, (to bad I spent time collecting and getting the tech for spells).

I would like to see some documentation for what things are "suppose" to do, and what they really do.

I would like some idea of how things are suppose to work (mastering, non-masterable, Horde) in an official way. Not just word of mouth.

The biggest hurdle to this game is the fact that there is no readl documentation, the in game descriptions are useles, wrong, don't show up or misleading. The concept of a manual is missing.

There are quite a few techs, items, classes, formulas, buildings, components and more that do not exist in game, do not work, or have no description.

Looking at mind spells I hear Fog isn't working. Or food recepies are not there, or the highest tier components and forms are not implemented. And more.

Add to this no information about classes, abilities, races, buildings and more, and I wonder why.

Sure with a bit of effort you can find out "information" but then you have to validate this information yourself to see if that is real information or just conjecture.

Then there are quests. Classes without quests, races without quests (sure they are implementing them now) but wouldn't it be nice to know that I shouldn't bother with quests for a class as they are not implemented, done, finishable?

What I would like to see is something I can read to save myself hours of game time only to find out it doesn't work, or did in the past but not now.

Heck even a decent manual with descriptions of spells, forms, techs and where and when you can use them (yes, there are fan supported ones, but official ones).

That is my suggestion.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Default Re: List of things that just don't work, as intended or not.

you missed stuff like resistance spells and ward spells (on players) also the sprt spell soul shield doesnt work
    dragons dont evade melee or magic that ive ever seen
    evasion on bipeds is not working well either
    ocansionally i have found a problem when your nailed by lightning stun (when a ranger shoots you with his BOW) and spllbinds that cancel your action (for example instant heal) so timer goes off but action doesnt (real nasty against instant heal)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

purple tarantulas have way to much dodge or evasion.
    tried a few lvl 60 wolfs i think it was.. they hurt like 3x more than the same lvl golems.

Things like this might need some adjustments.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

gopher65

Soul Shield works. As do all resistances and Wards that I have tried. The big problem with them is that they are meant to defend against 1 particular type of damage, so it really doesn't make sense to tech your armor with wards or resistances.

EDIT: The timer issue is actually 2 seperate issues I think.

1. Timer goes off, but action doesn't work. This is nasty with Dark Cyclone, Instant Heal, Superior Heal, Full Heal, Nuke attacks (such as Critical Strike), and other long recycle abilities and spells.

2. The Action doesn't go off, the timer doesn't go off, but the timer greys out as if it is waiting to go off. It stays like this for some time (seems random), or perhaps until a player action causes the graphics to reset. Very annoying bug, this has caused my death many a time.

As for spiders. Mobs that guard resources are meant to be easier so crafters can handle them. As a lvl 79 Ranger with no real multiclassing I could take on a lvl 120 Thornwood Treant with not too much trouble. A lvl 75 pygmie mashed me into theground however.

Some mobs, like Shadow Spiders, have so much evasion and Magic Evasion that they are impossible to kill by a same lvl adventurer (or nearly impossible). IMO this, and some remaining issues with too high weapon skill (leading to block, parry, dodge, and evade not working as well as they should) are the biggest problems with mob balancing.

Oh one last thing. I would like to see mobs have an adventure rating:P. Golems should be lower than their lvl, and therefore give less XP, WA should be much higher than their lvl, giving greater XP.

The hotkey action "face target" command doesn't work. Adding it to a hotkey does nothing.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Thread Information