Thread: World of Warcraft vs. Everquest 2

Default World of Warcraft vs. Everquest 2

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/569/...html?fromint=1

I would say that everquest 2 got rocked.
    Kalis Stormbreaker Dragon lvl 100/61

Krald

Default Re: World of Warcraft vs. Everquest 2

So?

We already know more people play WoW than EQ2, add in blizzard fans (some of who may have played neither) and that result is predictable. I don't think that proportionately many have got around to playing both games yet.

Still, I expect both are good games (I've only played EQ2 so far).

gopher65

I will not buy any Sony product, or play any game made by sony. Cause I hate sony. Nuff said;)

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I will not buy any Sony product, or play any game made by sony. Cause I hate sony. Nuff said[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    I don't hate sony actually they make great headphones.. but then they make their own standards instead of following the standards that already exist.. like memorystick instead of compactflash, mp3 players that didnt play mp3.. well finally they are creeping back to the cross (or how the saying goes) and adding mp3 for their freestyles.

But i dont think ill be going EQ2 anytime soon, its against my policy to play any rpg that has zooning [:P]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

gopher65

oooo memorysticks. Very nice:). I didn't know it was sony who first came up with them, but very nice whoever did.

I agree about zoning. Everytime I get tired of HZ I go and look for another game.... .... ..... ... ............... ... .... and then I realize that their are no other games so I am stuck with HZ or nothing;). Even though I intensly dislike Sony (like EA level of dislike) I looked at the game because lots of friends were going there. It simply didn't look like it had enough in it for me to jusify spending 200 dollars a year on the game (+monthly fee + Expansion packs (at least 2 per year) + adventure packs + whatever the hell money sucking device they invent next).

WoW looks vaguely interesting, but ... not really. It looks decent, but not compelling enough to work me up into a frenzy or anything. Maybe it would be different if I had played the warcraft games more.

WISH looked ok *maybe*, but it was cancelled.

Startrek online looks.... weird. Hopefully it will be cancelled before making it much past where it is now. I mean, I like StarTrek and all, and I wouldn't mind a MMOG based on it, but only if they can makeit a GOOD game, and not just a clone with phasers instead of blasters and a deltaflier instead of an X-Wing (TM;)).

Vaanguard - Might be ok. Maybe. I'll reserve judgement until I have seen more from the devs then "we haven't quite decided on .... well.... pretty muchanything at all yet". Still, the graphics are incredible, and if the gameplay holds up it could be a fantasic game. (AND THE UI!!!! Very important. Wasn't important to me until I played HZ. Now I won't even play singleplayer games unless the UI ranks at least an 8.5/10 hehe. I've surenerfed my "good game" pool with that one haven't I?).

And when I get my new pentium 7 101 gHzCPU 20gHz buswith a 300 terabyte harddrive and 1 terabyte of Ram andmy GeForce FX 9900ultragraphics cardI might well buy Vaanguard. After all, I need at least 15 FPS else the game isn't worth playing.

Thread Information