Thread: Well AE/Tulga no worries on losing players to Wish

Elfie_Elf

Default Well AE/Tulga no worries on losing players to Wish

Edited from there website!

Dear friends of Wish:

Unfortunately we have bad news.

After careful consideration of all the facts and analyzing all the data which we have gathered from the Wish Beta 2.0 test so far, we have decided to cancel the Wish project.

Our Beta test will end this evening at 6pm EST, and at this time our Beta forums will close as well.

We enjoyed working together with our fans very much, and we are very sorry about this development. We wish you the best of luck in the future, and hope that you continue to enjoy online gaming, even with Mutable Realms and Wish not being available anymore.

We also wish the best luck to our competitors, and hope that they will not suffer the same fate as us.

Best regards,
    Your Mutable Realms Team

Pretty odd if you ask me.. Not that I would be playing it but they did to be doing a good job.. Ho well good news for AE/Tulga since I have heard rumors of a lot of players wantingto move over there new Wish [;)]

Default Re: Well AE/Tulga no worries on losing players to Wish

An honest developer being completely honest. The game was not 6 months from release as they originally believed. So instead of bs'ing their way to release they decided to cancel the project so that people did not waste their money on a product that was not ready for release.

Either way more competition is good for the industry. I am just a little worried that the big name players of the industry are raising the bar to high for small studios to even compete.

Kaia

Excuse me, but in Wish Beta there was more fun, mor excitement than in every bevore played game. There where some things like: IMMERSIVNESS!!! You where PART of the things going on.

And for ending this Beta and the whole project.
    I'm playing HZ now for more than one year. Had some fun, yes. Mostly i had repetive grinding....boring grinding, no feedback from devs, no engagement from devs...

I licked my fingers, when i readed what WISH promised. And I was amazed to see, what they have done so far.

Its a bad day. And soory....but its so hard to turn back to HZ.
    So hard.

Kaia

*sorry for bad english, german native speaker is trying...*

gopher65

:(. this looked like it could have been a really good game. I'm sorry it is gone.

JOshO

Maybe they only have a poor business model to the eyes of a simple minded person who has nevertasted success?

Maybe they have the staff and dedication to not just make 1 game to fit everyones likes. Possibly the idea is to branch off as time passes "learn from mistakes" and work to please customers. Its called "progression" as we have seen here in horizonswith all the changes thatare driving it into the ground.

The only thing that could fix HZ is time and true dedication. By dedication i dont mean sitting in a chat room with all you highest levels and asking them for ideas. AE/Tulga need to really tell the idiots to piss off so they can get down to business. Most of these players know jack about what this game needs and only speak of their own needs.

But the problem is AE wants to cater to die hards and fanbois. Well thats great to keep some cash on hand but its not going to ever put the company in the green. They really need to stop taking advice from high level people who arent going to be aroud much longer anyway. The higher level players are one of the biggest things destroying this game. Those who claim to care so much to give their input are panting the opposite picture of what newbies want to look at.

The power leveling i can easily relate began doing it myself lately because frankly "maggots suck" and lowbie content is "crap". When i came in this game before merger it was great i lived on the coast of kion killing beetles, spiders, zombiesand skeletons. The same mobs that were moved to the starter island but they just totally lost the effect from what they once were.

I alsoenjoyed the effects of spells and the battles looked so awsome but that too is now just a dream to remember. Now instead i have to live with spell effectsdisabled if i want to be able to move in the game and not die constantly from poor FPS. I have a pretty ******** good machine even upgraded it just for this game and nothing has improved no matter what i do.

If they really want to make the game better its time to begin from the bottom. Forget about level caps, forget about lairs (sorry dragons), forget about NEW MOBS. Begin working on getting the FPS better and the spawns at maximim effeciency in the newbie towns. Give these towns back their finishing tools which will level the playing field and allow newbies to pawn andconsign worthwhile goods rather then raw bricks and bars.

Nobody is getting rich overnightfrom pawning brass bars and cedar boards. So its not hurting anyone by allowinglow levelsto be more productive and rebuild the economy at the most basic level. But this is where it needs to start rather then stick with what you have and work your way from a foundation at the top which does not yet exist.

Believe me i know what this game needs and its not hard if the developers would work to gather some solidstatistical data.Such an idea would be to calculate the average deaths per day by level and by types of mobs. Then the same with money gather stats of how much money is made on average by what level and from what skills or materials. Then work towards balancingthe game with solidnumbers and not just theadvice of high level players who complain when everything is not about them.

Horizons has a chance a very slim chance but its all up to the idiots who know *** all of what they speak and the devs who listen to them.

JOshO, Perhaps you'd be read more often if you'd not copy and paste your posts from one thread to another, your response here is word for word what you wrote in 'When, oh when, Horizons?"
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Wish did have some real problems for me. Poor interface (Horizons can spoil a feline) with a point 'n' click movement system, a need to click for every attack swing, and archery that only worked at a distance. Graphics were certainly a step below Horizons, and movement in buildings was awkward. The basic premisewas that the point and click movement system reducedserver requirements so much that allplayers could play on oneshard. I'm not sure that the gain was worth the pain.

I'm a little surprised that it ended, and it may have been for reasons utterly unconnected with the game. Funding unavailable due to some unrelated circumstance? It will be interesting to hear more.

Dev interaction seemed to be a model of openness, promptness and clarity, and was greatly appreciated. I played very little, as the servers were down usually when I tried. Nonetheless, they had more than 30,000, and if they kept activating accounts at the same rate the last few days, perhaps 50,000 in beta. Truly remarkable.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaia
    Excuse me, but in Wish Beta there was more fun, mor excitement than in every bevore played game. There where some things like: IMMERSIVNESS!!! You where PART of the things going on.

And for ending this Beta and the whole project.
    I'm playing HZ now for more than one year. Had some fun, yes. Mostly i had repetive grinding....boring grinding, no feedback from devs, no engagement from devs...

I licked my fingers, when i readed what WISH promised. And I was amazed to see, what they have done so far.

Its a bad day. And soory....but its so hard to turn back to HZ.
    So hard.

Kaia

*sorry for bad english, german native speaker is trying...*
    COMPLETELY agree. Horizons has made it as far as it has, even if through rough times. WISH could have easily done the same. ::Shrug:: Despite how much I wanted WISH to succede and the shocking and sudden shutdown of the project, it does bode well for Horizons. If WISH went live it would have put a very serious hurt on this game. Still, its unfortunate things turned out the way they did.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

The scary part is, it could happen here the same way. Even the devs had no knowledge it was coming until it shut down today. [:S]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

Cuddles

I thought it was a game with huge promise, some quirky stuff in there but even in a stage 2 beta was infinately more fun to play than HZ right now. Very saddened to see it go andno doubtthe finished game would of done big damage to HZ.

What was a treat, after the usual total silence of any responce from GN on Unity, was the feedback from Devs etc.

Another very good game bites the dust [:^)]

Thread Information