Thread: Playable dragons

Default Playable dragons

Drools . . .

we know that even though Dragons will be extremely powerful, they will be extremely difficult to play in [not Horizons] (about 1 out of 500 of them is supposed to make it to adulthood) and it's been willingly designed to be so.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Default Re: Playable dragons

For how long Trials of Ascension has been in development? I recall posts how it would be so much better than HZ even back on Tazoon forums. In any case, this sound very much like how AE hyped up dragons. Call me cynic but I will take this with a large dose of salt - this point of view has already been validated by the fate of WISH, another would-be HZ killer.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I think since 2002, I just found it. Still, good to follow. At least on their forums at http://www.shadowpool.com/there is a lot more developer interaction.

Still a game to watch for.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Not sure Trial of Ascension is going to be fun though. One of the whole points of being a dragon is to grow big and fly. Not likely to happen if only 1 in 500 dragon players actually makes it that far.

Trials of Ascension also has PK and permadeath - so just throwing a lot of hours into the game won't guarantee you a flying dragon.

That game sounds like a recipe for utter frustration!

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Horizons has the lore, finished and unfinished game mechanics, and players that enjoy that niche of a playable dragon.

ToA has the lore, planned game mechanics, and players that will enjoy that niche of a playable dragon.

Just that Horizons is now, ToA is closer to 2006

they DO have the lore - they have CRAPLOADS of lore...

I've yet to make much sense out of most of it, but its there - in "lost pages" on two different locations on their homepage. It is fun to scroll through, albeit a bit frustrating in that its in thumbnail size and then you have to click on the bigger one *shrugs* but lore it has..

It has yet to prove if it has the game mechanics, anymore than Horizons proved it on release -

However I'm a bit unsure how "fun" playing a dragon will be ina game where 1-every PKer is out to get your hide 2-every RP'er is out to get your hide. I"m sure most of us remember the "Dragons should be able to be killed by all player" group posting on Horizons for the first six months of release....

The communication system is NOT World based - I (at this point) WILL BE UNABLE to send a tell to my buddy halfway across the world. I won't be able to converse with him across the world in any type of the chat system. This to me, I don't know how I feel about this - seems they are hampering the MMO part - if I can't play with my friends what's the point? So now we all have to play without shouting range of each other?

Oh wait - dragons can't play loing with other races and keep earning skill/age - again seems like they are taking the "MMO" part out of the game for a dragon player. Again - can I not play with my friends?

At least I'm hoping we can group with other dragons :). Oh wait, we won't be able to leave notes in taverns...we're dragons - and every PKer with a d*** to whip out and prove something will be hunting our hides.

I'm still watching, and I am Hoping, and the only reason this game is getting a chance with me is because of the dragons - but right now their stances seem pretty harsh and "anti-most-amount-of-fun" for me. I'm hoping these aspects will change.

I was watching this game for a while. Then I read about perma-death......that turned me off comletely. And the pvp aspects, not into PVP at all :\

But since they have dragons, I'll continue to follow it, doubt I'll play it though.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Caymo Clouldchaser

i thought i had saw that it may come out in 2006, it looks like it will be a challenge to play a dragon,being hunted,aging and 1 out of 500 will make it might be worth a try

Message: I think since 2002, I just found it. Still, good to follow. At least on their forums at http://www.shadowpool.com/there is a lot more developer interaction.

Still a game to watch for.
    Isnt that gamer put on Ice?
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    they DO have the lore - they have CRAPLOADS of lore...

I've yet to make much sense out of most of it, but its there - in "lost pages" on two different locations on their homepage. It is fun to scroll through, albeit a bit frustrating in that its in thumbnail size and then you have to click on the bigger one *shrugs* but lore it has..

It has yet to prove if it has the game mechanics, anymore than Horizons proved it on release -

However I'm a bit unsure how "fun" playing a dragon will be ina game where 1-every PKer is out to get your hide 2-every RP'er is out to get your hide. I"m sure most of us remember the "Dragons should be able to be killed by all player" group posting on Horizons for the first six months of release....

The communication system is NOT World based - I (at this point) WILL BE UNABLE to send a tell to my buddy halfway across the world. I won't be able to converse with him across the world in any type of the chat system. This to me, I don't know how I feel about this - seems they are hampering the MMO part - if I can't play with my friends what's the point? So now we all have to play without shouting range of each other?

Oh wait - dragons can't play loing with other races and keep earning skill/age - again seems like they are taking the "MMO" part out of the game for a dragon player. Again - can I not play with my friends?

At least I'm hoping we can group with other dragons [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]. Oh wait, we won't be able to leave notes in taverns...we're dragons - and every PKer with a d*** to whip out and prove something will be hunting our hides.

I'm still watching, and I am Hoping, and the only reason this game is getting a chance with me is because of the dragons - but right now their stances seem pretty harsh and "anti-most-amount-of-fun" for me. I'm hoping these aspects will change.
    From what I read you can group with other dragons and still gain skill/age. ToA would be perfect for me, if it ever comes into existance. Considering the fate of WISH I am skeptical.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Toa has with it very detrimental factors that will drive away a good amount of players. I would imagine it would take a large chunck of shadowbanes audience(if they still have an audience and if the game ever releases) I've read the dev quotes from toa and they have 20 devs starting out on the game. That is roughly what horizons has now and that's why it is going to take so damb long for them to finish the product.

:o
    Interesting game... I wonder when the beta will begin... At least then we could get a fair idea of the basic gameplay and enviornment...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Thread Information