Thread: Woot it survied!

Default Woot it survied!

hehe any one watch x-play the other day were they did a face off on all 3 major consles (xbox, PS2, gamecube) that was so funny.what they did was morganwould sledge hammer dropped a wheight and last dropped the consle from what looked like20 feet high. well I put my bets on the xbox would survuve all 3 test the frist one was drop a wheight on the console and all 3 passed, next morgon gave each unit a sledge hammer whack well the ps2 did not pass that test and the thrid test was dropp from 20 feet in the air hehe the gamecube did a nice bounce and well the xbox... did not live after the drop the game cube still turned on!! woot way to go nintendo on building well made products (still has his NES, SNES, N64, intact and working)

Default Re: Woot it survied!

I knew it would be nintendo, all of thier stuff is extremely durable expecially the gameboys those things are hard to break. My gameboy has taken quite a beating but still works fine. I for one love nintendo and think that they are the best at making videogames, I don't think there has been a mario game yet that I haven't liked. Though there does seem to be alot of anti-nintendo going around lately with people refering to it as the kiddy system and such which I don't understand at all. Guess they think if it doesn't have lots of violence then its a kiddy game. Anyways Mario Rulez!
    Kalis Stormbreaker Dragon lvl 100/61

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis
    My gameboy has taken quite a beating but still works fine.
    Nintendo makes great products :) I had my GBA in my pocket when I was at the lake with friends and after 5 mins in the water it finaly clicked that it was there. I let it dry over night and it was good as new :)

Though there does seem to be alot of anti-nintendo going around lately with people refering to it as the kiddy system and such which I don't understand at all. Guess they think if it doesn't have lots of violence then its a kiddy game.
    when theytell youit is a kiddie system just remind them it has on itresident evil 0,1,2,3,4 and code veronica, also Eternal Darkness

and that RE 0, RE 1 remake, RE4 and eternal darkness is "GameCube Only"

Edit:
    Alsorememberedthat nintendo were the ones that started the metal gear and final fantasy games

Interesting.

These tests really prove little. Decisions are made during the RFQ (request for quotation) stage concerning technology topology, quality metrics, reliability metrics, life expectation, BOM cost (bill of material), market strategy, etc.

Designing a product to withstand a 20 foot drop is overdesign which means in many ways - over cost and lack of competitiveness. How likely is a customer going to drop the machine 20 feet or sledge hammer it? What is the BOM and design cost associated with 100% of the product for a 0.001% probability?

Furthermore, Sony tends to market approach with slim/small designs - that's just the Japanese style, and Sony does it very well.

Remember that these game machines are basically given away - no net profit. The money is made in the games themselves. Microsoft keyed into this and secured Intel wafer fabs for the processor in the X-Box. Therefore, games written for X-Box will be abe to out live those for other machines that are life controlled by the outside IC design houses and wafer fab companies.

X-Box can now offer longerroyalty agreements in exchange for "most favored nation" or exclusive rights to the game publishing. Game designers will not pass up the option to make more royalties from one design effort.

So, before consumers take such tests to heart, consider one fact... these companies design every single aspect to meet a specification. That specification is money driven to meet a target expectation - any more is a waste of your money with no return on investment.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Sajid
    Interesting.

Designing a product to withstand a 20 foot drop is overdesign which means in many ways - over cost and lack of competitiveness. How likely is a customer going to drop the machine 20 feet or sledge hammer it? What is the BOM and design cost associated with 100% of the product for a 0.001% probability?
    Over desging over cost how so the game cube is the cheapest system of them all and has the least features ( IE dvd plyer hardrive online play isn't built like a tank (xbox))

Furthermore, Sony tends to market approach with slim/small designs - that's just the Japanese style, and Sony does it very well.
    nintendo isa japansee comapny and all nintendo products are slim and small in design

Therefore, games written for X-Box will be abe to out live those for other machines that are life controlled by the outside IC design houses and wafer fab companies.
    how can new age day games out live the classics that have taken are hearts away
    (perefect example "all time faverite oldie game")

X-Box can now offer longerroyalty agreements in exchange for "most favored nation" or exclusive rights to the game publishing. Game designers will not pass up the option to make more royalties from one design effort.
    more like bill gates buys them all[:P] take alot at this photo of how bill gate run his company link

So, before consumers take such tests to heart, consider one fact... these companies design every single aspect to meet a specification. That specification is money driven to meet a target expectation - any more is a waste of your money with no return on investment.
    WHo said I took this test to heart I own all 3 systems game cube I own about 20 games for PS2 about 6 games and xbox well there is only one reson to own a xbox and that is for halo 2 :)

and from reading your post sounds like your a xbox fan boy ;)

Thread Information