Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Teaser for You!

Default Little Teaser for You!

Bit of a teaser of something we did today... Look for it to go to Blight this week or next.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Little Teaser for You!

Hmmmm...interesting...colored sacks...

<Grins> Thanks Amon, looks cool...this next blight patch looks like it will have all sorts of goodies
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

hehe thinks back to the GU comic[:P] If i find the link I will get it

Hehe....so, what happens if you use invisible dye on one? [:D]

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Interesting yes, but do we really need dye'd sacks?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

This will be nice for those of us who use different colors to seperate our different crafting classes gear. Will satchels also be able to be dyed?
    ~Robins

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(89)Crossbowman/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(84)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(46)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(75)Armorer/(71)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (42)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

Very nice Amon. Actually, I was about to suggest this today (suggested it wayyy back, but never seen anything till now).

Any word on if we'll be able to dye the Backpack Pouches?
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Holy psychotic monkeys on acid, Batman! Now we can dye our sacks! [:|]

seriously, though. Nice to see there's some work being done at AE High Command.

nice :) Hope the same goes forthe other containers as well.

Now, fix the ******** think that we can't trade *filled* containers [:(] (Got any idea what it means to trade a backpack with 200 different tech comps - all manually??)
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

Charming, we can dye sacks, whoopie... how about fixing the bug whereif you put a teched item in your house it counts as more than one item... nothing quite as agrivating as trying to put something in yoru house and it says 44/55 and it wont go in.Well, maybe its more annoying to CTD on a recall or port EVERY TIME
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

And what about Unity news ? correcting Monk/Disciple class ? donjon availability ? cristal drops ? red/blue/green stances ? number of spell in spellbook ? and so many other corrections much more important than the possibility to dye a sack [:S]

Anyway, thanks for informing us that there is still some development for this still (not for long anymore) unique game

sprd 81 / shaman 68 / healer 21
    blk 53 / alchy 51

Soulfyre

And the bitter people come outta the woodwork like termites.. [8-)]

You'll note.. he didn't say "Hey, we decided not to fix the bugs because we are just messing with sacks." He's just offering one sneak peak at one thing new. Just because they added colored bags doesn'tmean they ignore the rest eternally..geesh.

Looks like adecent fluff addition for crafters and people who like colorful things to me. I can't use it, but I can see how other's might. Life's too short to turn every plus into a negative just because it wasn't the plus you wanted.

Kaly, the dragon who can be happy for the bipeds, crafters, adventurers and even a cross eyed fyakki in a tutu.. just because!

first you get the sacks, then you get the power, then you get the women.
    No hang on...1st you get the sacks, then you get the weapons, then you get the women...

still not right, 1st you get the...

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

imported_tramsan

Amon said in IRC that sacks, satchels and pouches will be dyable. Invis dye won't apply. [:P]

Awesome little touch [:)] We were only discussing on IRC two days ago how cool it would be to dye backpack pouches to make things easier to organise, and here we are just a short while later with our suggestions becoming part of the game ! It's a small thing, sure, but appreciated nonetheless [:)]

gopher65

This was suggested about 4 weeks ago on the suggestion forums. And long before that as well.

oops my fault, as I never go on IRC, I did not understand it was an answer to one of the topics discussed there.

I then presume it is a good news for you, and sure a really good reactivity from the devs as well.

grats [Y]

Nice feature Amon [:)]

Remember to keep it on topic folks [;)]

Ijust spent 150 silver on ironsilk backpacks a few hours ago........*cries*........
    was thinking how much easier it would be if they could be dyed....

oh well, time to go suck up to my favourite tailor :)
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

First off, I must say that I do really and truly appreciate the tidbits of information. [:D] It's nice to know what's coming and to start thinking about what can be done with those tidbits.

For those who are looking for much bigger changes...

I would say that small changes like adding color to sacks are things done on...well a small level. The same for updates to NPC conversations, icon additions, etc. They are little things that can be worked on during moments of down time.

Big changes, like increasing the spellbook size, visually teching swords and armor.. those area different level of change. They require a lot of time, planning, and work to be done and the work may need to be done by two or three different people whomayalso beexpected to be working on other projects as well.

As for the issues of Unity... It would be nice, especially as those players have been very patient, if someone from Tulga or GN would provide information. Even if its once a week to say "yes, we're still talking."
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Thread Information