Thread: bugged town marshall

Default bugged town marshall

I got the task " Back My Honor" from Drugan, the town marshall in Dalimont. The task was to kill 10 leafy oastics.

After the tenth I got themessage that that should be enough, and to let the town Marshall know. The quest window tells me the same.

However, Drugan tells me i still am not done, "Get out there and finish that task, you good-for-nothing!"

Now I am stuck with a finished quest, and no reward. Could delete the quest and get a new one, but i do want the experience for this one.. :-(

Posted this same message on both the forum, and the support site.

Jos Kampes
    playing Sslingrin on Unity

Default Re: bugged town marshall

If the Town marshalls are the Imperial Task Masters Officers in a new form, I'd suggest killing more of the Oastics - it could be set to 20 (medium). If so, it is just a common database entry error (NPC wants X, but task records Y then says complete).

:: shrugs :: or wait for Amon's reply.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Fren

I got this as well. Problem is, inside the quest log it says "Return to the Task Officer" which doesnt exist now.... It's a bug.Must have been missed on blight (maybe another reason to give us euros access to it? *grins*)

Fren of ICE Unity.

Heh... The quests (outside of Kion and Sslanis) are currently bugged so that they are looking for the Task Officers, rather than Town Marshalls. Look for them to be corrected with the next database push.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ok, thanks Amon.... will see if i keep the quest open, or get a new one tho....

2 more questions, if i may Amon: any idea when that next push will be? Annnnd... should i be worried that i didnt get to download anything after yesterday's patch? heard from a guildie that he downloaded 1.5 Mb, i didnt get anything....

There were some assets patched on Tuesday to Chaos/Order so yes you should have downloaded something. Be sure you are using the patcher and launching from our website. If you are using a third-party launcher then you may not be getting all of the updates.

Probably at least another week before this next database push goes to Blight.

- Amon

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Fren

It was a small patch that we got on wednesday, if you aren't sure do a full scan.

Thanks for the answers Amon..

another week for Blight, then 2 or 3 or so more for Unity... Think i'll have to go hunt other stuff then...

Merriweather Honeythorn

Just to add to this, the Chiconis TM task Kill 10 Brighter Spider Breeders is bugged in this way as well (IE tells to go see the Task Officer and not the TM). I'm unsure of any other quests from this TM that might be bugged but I can confirm that particular one.

Heh... The quests (outside of Kion and Sslanis) are currently bugged so that they are looking for the Task Officers, rather than Town Marshalls. Look for them to be corrected with the next database push.
    Just to clarify, please note the first line. ALL quests outside of Kion/Sslanis.

- Amon

Owwww... thanks for the clarify, guess Sslingrin can delete the Dalimont town marshall task, and get more in kion or Sslanis then... cool, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

Just to clarify, please note the first line. ALL quests outside of Kion/Sslanis.

- Amon
    My bad, I read it wrong. :P

gopher65

hurray! The fix for this just went to blight:D. I like these quests.

Thread Information