Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *TEASER* Something in the pipe

Default *TEASER* Something in the pipe

Thought I'd take this opportunity to give everyone a little teaser of something we're working on. This is just one small bit of the larger whole of what we're doing... Hope you like:

http://community.istaria.com\images\temp\cross_shield.jpg

What is it, you might be asking? Well, its a new shield. And its made of WOOD as well as metal... So perhaps Druids can use it.... [:#]

Enjoy!

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: *TEASER* Something in the pipe

Awesome...thanks for the preview Amon [:D][:D][:D]
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Nice shield. Hopefully a new "twist"in equipment looks. [^]

Keep the good work.

[hr]

While you are at it, could you please add a "tricking" option with like 50 heraldic pictures or something to glue on it so guilds can have "their"armor?

It's candy, but it's fun and a good start to let people "like" the game.
    Likewise, consigner and Pawn at new Koraelia (iirc) are naked and give a bad "welcome" to a newbie and should be dressed.
    Likewise, when harvesting or quarrying golems or deer, they awfully stand up while you dig them and fall down again (there's a wrong animation linked to the quarry animation, instead of the harvesting one, there's the "mob death" one). This uglyness is going since months.

First impressions count on new players. Even if it's just candy. Or, on the contrary, expecially if it's candy.

It costs relatively little, it attracts much.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Oo looks pretty much better than existing shields
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

gopher65

When you think about it there are two basic things about MMOG's:

1) Grinding Adventure
    2) Grinding Craft

What sets games apart is not how you grind, but the Fluff:). That is really what these games are about. Options options options and more options. Be the options quests or furiture or plots or clothes or races or classes or whatever.

Nice looking shield:)

Nice looking shield, but cant we have what we need to finish our classes before adding fluff?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Nice looking shield, but cant we have what we need to finish our classes before adding fluff?
    A totally unnecessary comment. If someone wants to take a few minutes and create some fluff, more power to them. Let's have more of it. We're not dealing with automatons here.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Druids might not consider it fluff. In fact, they may think of it as a step toward finishing THEIR class.

It's not crap just because it does notdo anything foryou directly.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

:o Nice... Is it something you modled in 3dsm and then uploaded into the game as a player? heheheh are we going to be able to add our own models and textures and allow us to have full unique looks? :P

Cool sheild... I like where its leading... Hopefully well see more assets that involve current forms (meaning more looks to the same tier of goods, like more blade and hilt styles, or armor styles).
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Nice looking shield Amon, but not a patch (pun intended) on this one:
    http://www.ulujain.org/temp/hzmanforest.jpg
    from pre-release days. Or this:
    http://www.ulujain.org/temp/hzanothe...tingisland.jpg

Cut and paste links otherwise you'll get a Forbidden error.

Thank you Amon (=
    Craft-happy Saris with a crazy streak.

cools and i think it would be awsome if there was a shield all classes could use (basically just for block ability of course)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Woot looks cool, Any other new armour, shields comming to ?
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Amon,

Thank you for taking some time out to post that, I personally appreciate it and the work on it looks great.

Now....<cracks the ARoP BullWhip> lets get it into the game! hehe

Ibelieve what you guys at TGneed right nowis some motivation, like:

I'm thinking Snowdonia in Kirasanct Weave and heels....with a nice riding crop (alluding tothat Charlie's Angels Lucy Lu scene)....

Then we need PJ on aHUGE kettle drum (because he's the only one with enough crafts to make it - and probably needs something to do...) beating out a nice steady beat....

and get this ARoP bohemoth (not referring to your appearance on the shards the other month - I still say those scales didn't make you look fat) moving so more stuff like those pics and missing content can get in the game pronto!
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Quote Originally Posted by Safire
    cools and i think it would be awsome if there was a shield all classes could use (basically just for block ability of course)
    I do not think monk/disciple (or any kind of light melee : rogue, bard, assassin, berserker, ...) and caster mage should be able use a shield. These characters need both hands to either hit or cast or a shied would be to heavy to dodge a blow or climb to a wall. However in different degrees wearer of very light armor (or no armor at all) should be masters of evasion .

Imho shields are for melee tank kinds and healers or druids.

I know that plate wearer are able to evade and dodge very well (by multiclassing) but it is imho one of the main bug of Horizon gameplay

It would be nice if the different sheilds did things other than just have different armour ratings...

as it is there appears to be no reason to ever use a small or meduim shield aside from asthetics :(

Edit: Oh and Nice looking shield but mine is still Way cooler looking :P

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver
    I'm thinking Snowdonia in Kirasanct Weave and heels....with a nice riding crop (alluding tothat Charlie's Angels Lucy Lu scene)....
    Not that I'm complaining but who brought me into this?! lmao

*butt-wiggle walks to the front of the room and snaps her riding crop down on the table, turning around with a fast spin*
    Get to work!
    *bats eyes*
    Please..

I find it interesting when Amon says it is part of a larger project... maybe we are getting tricking to shields and armorbefore long? [:D]

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1968
    Nice looking shield Amon, but not a patch (pun intended) on this one:
    http://www.ulujain.org/images/hz/hzmanforest.jpg
    from pre-release days. Or this:
    http://www.ulujain.org/images/hz/hza...tingisland.jpg
    These are pre-beta promotional renders (render, asopposed toa screenshot), right? My question is, do these armor and weapon resources even exist in any useable form, instead of something the artist put together for the advertisement?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    These are pre-beta promotional renders (render, asopposed toa screenshot), right? My question is, do these armor and weapon resources even exist in any useable form, instead of something the artist put together for the advertisement?
    They were marketed as screenshots, as for any further info you'd have to ask David Allen.

Suffice it to say, it was shots such as those that wowed a few people and engaged their interest in HZ, myself included. More fool us, hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    My question is, do these armor and weapon resources even exist in any useable form, instead of something the artist put together for the advertisement?
    Amon has indicated in the past that many of the early models, including, unfortunatly, Mia, were single meshes. While it would be possible to modify those meshes to seperate the 'body' portion from the 'clothing' portion, the meshes would still need to be converted to a compatable format. I expect meshes like Mia probably have a much higher polygon count than the regular game models, making them unsuitable for use in game. Converting them, reducing the polygon count, and retexturing is probably more work and more time than can be afforded right now.

Of course, I'd very much like to see Mia's armor make it in to the game someday... [:D]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information