Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ChatMod - A "More Tabs" UI modification

imported_Silowyi

Default ChatMod - A "More Tabs" UI modification

Basically, this gives you two rows of 10chat tabs each, one on top of the other, for a total of 20 tabs.

Files Modified:
    Interface\Themes\Default\Defs\UIChatWindow.def
    Interface\Themes\Default\Defs\UICoreControls.def
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_1.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_2.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_3.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_4.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_5.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_6.png

The two defs store the necessary modifications to the chat window itself. The icon images are placeholders for the graphics (since I could not figure out how to add additional graphics and have HZ load them).

Preview Image:

Nullsoft Installer Version:
    http://dragonspires.org/ChatMod.exe

Zipfile for the paranoid:
    http://dragonspires.org/ChatMod.zip

Default Re: ChatMod - A "More Tabs" UI modification

just installed it, and works nice:P
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

imported_Silowyi

Zip file was installing the new graphics to the wrong location. Fixed.

Sevakordran

**glomps Sil**

Yish! Very nice, I can finnaly get rid of one of my chat windows. :)

Also, fps improvment with one less chat window :3

Great idea Sil [:)]

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

*dances happily* no more miscellaneous tell windows! yay!!!

Thanks Silowyi! :)

This is not working for me at all. Need some help on getting it going. I have 2 sets of chat windows - does that make a difference?

Bump for answer

still need help ~bump~

Saharas, try using the exe to put everything in your overrides folder. For some reason, recently, any of these changes made to the actual files are causing full scans and overwrites.

If it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll go through more stuff you might try.

Just wanted to say that a friend confirmed it today. She too was having issues with the mod working by installing it directly to the Horizons folder. Told her to install in the override folder and it is now working properly for her.

Put it in override and regular folder. Nothing still. [:(]

Bump !
    (random words to fill space)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Hey, Amon, LaughingOtter, Reyem, Velea, somebody devish, could we get this mod added to the live client?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Saharas View Post
    This is not working for me at all. Need some help on getting it going. I have 2 sets of chat windows - does that make a difference?
    I'm having this issue too... I'd really like to get this to work. :P
    <----clicky!

What I did was uncompress the zip file to my desktop and open it up to see a Resources folder and a text file. I also opened up the Horizons Resources_override folder. Then I copied the Resources folder from the zip file into the Resources_override window.

Ok, with today's patch this needs a LITTLE fix to make it work.

1. From your resources>interface>themes folder, copy the color themes except for default. Paste them into resources_override>interface>themes
    2. Open the newly copied theme you plan to use. There will be a UIFonts.def file there.
    3. Open the chatmod folder (the one that was created by either the exe or zip file) and navigate to resources>interface>themes>default>defs. Copy both the .def files there and past them into the theme window that has UIFonts.def
    4. Log in.

I LIKE this mod. When I first installed it, I couldn't tell if it was working or not. So I'd like to add a few notes to this old post.

Normal game behavior only allows 8 chat tabs (that's all the channels you're joined to, plus any tells you receive).
    If you were to receive a new tell while having 8 tabs present, then the new tell would appear in a popup chat dialogue, instead of adding a new tab. So with this mod installed, you will NOT notice anything special until your 9th to 20th tab (otherwise 8 tabs is the max!).

This mod lets you get 20 tabs (10 on top, 10 on bottom), see below? Without the mod, 8 tabs is the max.

You might have heard of the Chat Mod before. It's been around a long time. Its a downloadable .EXE installer program (ChatMod.exe) file that modifies a few files in your MAIN GAME (Resources) FOLDER. The .EXE installer does not have an uninstall option either. So if you happen to find the ChatMod.EXE program on the internet, then note it modifies the files listed by the OP:

Files Modified in your RESOURCES folder:
    Interface\Themes\Default\Defs\UIChatWindow.def
    Interface\Themes\Default\Defs\UICoreControls.def
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_1.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_2.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_3.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_4.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_5.png
    Interface\Icons\Numbers\Icon_6.png

The .EXE installer is confusing. It doesn't give a clue to what files were modified (I installed it before I found this post). There is no uninstall option either. But note, you can uninstall the .exe changes (to main game folder) by clicking Troubleshoot Button (Game Launcher), then tick the Full Scan option.

------------------------------
    However, this RE-MOD can be easily be added to your RESOURCES_OVERRIDE folder instead. Thus making it easier to uninstall (by deleting the folder/files). For this mod to work from the resources_override folder, will require a modified /resources/Resources/ResourceMeta.def for this to work. So without that, that is the reason this .exe modifies your main game folder. And I totally understand why the .exe installs to main game folder (to make it easy for novice users).

There is a modified ResourceMeta.def that is already included in Map Pack. This allows Map Pack to work correctly from the Resources_Override folder. Without this modified ResourceMeta.def file, map pack would not work from this folder. The same principle will allow this re-mod to work from Resources_Override folder.

I've extracted all the files from the .exe and added it to a .zip file (which also includes modified /resources/ResourceMeta.def) file that will allow this to work correctly from the resources_override folder.

I'm not a big fan of mods that modify the resources folder (main game folder) vs modifying the resources_override folder (which is mainly for mods). It just easier to undo them when they are in the override folder.

So with that said, you can now grab this re-mod in a .zip version (extract to your MAIN game folder - Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria). Should work perfectly. Requires a game restart.

If you want to test if it works, then just click the + button (Add New tab) over and over. If you can add more than 8 tabs, then its working. You might need to extend (drag) the window to the right to see the first 10 tabs.

Grab MOD_ChatMod.zip from http://IstariaReference.com/mirror - if you want to try the .zip version, that extracts to Resources_Override folder instead of modifying your Resources folder.

If you already have the mod installed and working, then I wouldn't bother switching. This is mainly for new users to the mod. If you already have the mod installed, then this will not behave differently.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; June 9th, 2014 at 10:37 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I found a bug in this mod. My last .zip was just a copy of the original mod, but with a few tweaks to allow it to work from the resources_override folder. I have replaced the .zip file since my last post.

In the orignal .EXE mod, these integers was changed, which should not have been changed:
    int FontSize = 10 was changed to 11 on Line 2565 and 2784.

The original game file is font size 10 (on the same line #'s) and for a good reason.

There is one side effect (I discovered by pure luck/accident).

When you Right click an item in inventory and choose 'Destroy' option, the button will display as 'ESTRO' instead of 'DESTROY' (while this mod is installed).

Now this is just one thing I noticed. There may (and most likely) be other buttons, that the increased font size might trunicate the text.

So with that said, I've editted and replaced the UICoreControls.def file in the previous .zip file with the changes of reverting font size back to 10.

This should fix any trunication of various buttons and other possible unforseen consequences; while this mod is installed.

A simple way to test this, is to right click anything in inventory and choose 'Destroy'. If the button displays "estro" instead of "Destroy", then you will want to replace this mod (assuming you do have it installed currently) with the new .zip file.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; June 11th, 2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I've used the Chat Mod for a long time. I have replaced it now with your version, because now I only have one file where the updater cries it cannot replace it ;D

Works great for me!
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Thread Information