Thread: What Stat increase the damage of our Dragon Breath?

Brokta

Default What Stat increase the damage of our Dragon Breath?

Is it Power? I am looking to tech out a set of Tier V scales with Primal , Power and Dragon Breath . Is there any other data than the Hoard for increasing the damage on Dragon Breath Attacks?

Brokta of Order
    Proud Member of Strata

Default Re: What Stat increase the damage of our Dragon Breath?

My understanding is that no stat increases dragonbreath damage. Dragonbreath is composed of the base damage for the breath weapon +1 point per hoard increment (so up to a maximum of +100 damage at 25.3 milllion hoard). This is one reason dragonbreath's damage is always quite low.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Let us know if the dragon breath tech itself increases damage, or just accuracy.

I believe it will increase damage (and accuracy).

NO Stat affects dragon breath.

My understanding has always been that the dragonbreath skill only increases accuracy. Thus adding the dragonbreath tech, which simply increases the skill, would only add to accuracy.

I could be wrong though.

Yeah would be helpful for someone to post thier experiences with the dragon breath 5 tech. Although the only true test would be a full set of scales all teched with it, so that the damage difference would be noticeable if there is a difference.

Seems to me that T&C tech does help increase damage, therefore would make sense that Dragon Breath tech will add some damage.

Smeglor posted this on tazoon
    Skills:
    Offensive skills (including weapon-using skills as well as spellcasting skills for attack spells): Competes equally against the evasion or magic defense of the target for chance to hit. Weapon skills also compete equally against incoming attack skills for initial Parry checks. Also adds to damage by 2/3 as much as Strength or Power.
    That indicates to me that the tech should add to the damage.

Can anyone provide some feedback who has used the dragon breath tech on a full set of scales?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Yeah would be helpful for someone to post thier experiences with the dragon breath 5 tech. Although the only true test would be a full set of scales all teched with it, so that the damage difference would be noticeable if there is a difference.

Seems to me that T&C tech does help increase damage, therefore would make sense that Dragon Breath tech will add some damage.

Smeglor posted this on tazoon
    Skills:
    Offensive skills (including weapon-using skills as well as spellcasting skills for attack spells): Competes equally against the evasion or magic defense of the target for chance to hit. Weapon skills also compete equally against incoming attack skills for initial Parry checks. Also adds to damage by 2/3 as much as Strength or Power.
    chemas-microsoft-com[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]ffice[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]ffice" />[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]>
    That indicates to me that the tech should add to the damage.

Can anyone provide some feedback who has used the dragon breath tech on a full set of scales?[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]>
    I agree that dragonbreath skill should add damage, but I don't think it does. Maybe we should bring it to the devs attention so they can check if dragonbreath skill actually does add damage. If the skill adds no damage, but should, then level 100 dragonbreath is probably doing about 100 less damage per shot than it should be doing even without any dragonbreath teched scales.

Dragon breath damage is increased by Power and the dragon breath skill in the same way that a spell like Flame Bolt is inreased by Power and the flame skill. Power has more of an effect than skill, point for point. Skill also improves chance to hit, as does Focus to a lesser degree.

Hoard level adds +1 damage per level on top of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    Dragon breath damage is increased by Power and the dragon breath skill in the same way that a spell like Flame Bolt is inreased by Power and the flame skill. Power has more of an effect than skill, point for point. Skill also improves chance to hit, as does Focus to a lesser degree.

Hoard level adds +1 damage per level on top of the above.

<queue maniacal laughter> Vindicated at last! [:D]

I've always said that skill was useful for something. That also explains why I was seeing more damage with my breath than others were seeing (1400 power).

thx smelgor

have to calculate my scales new ^^

Thread Information