Thread: Question about Ethereal Armor...

Default Question about Ethereal Armor...

My Shield of Creation (KNoC) gives +200 Ethereal Armor at 100...

But... does that really help anything?

Other thing: I could tech an Padded Ironsilk with Spirit Webbing which gives +10 Ethereal Armor per item. ---> 120 Ethereal Armor

Only question is.. compared to the normal armor numbers 120 sound rather low.

Is it really worth to sacrifice Focus/Power/Health for Spirit Webbing on a T5 armor?

AND... how does Ethereal Armor really help me in fights?

Anyone knows something?
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

Default Re: Question about Ethereal Armor...

Well against Bloodmages and spirtlist based mobs it will help as you have 0 armour against them. I know as a dragon they will mow me down pretty fast as I have no defence against thier spells. Now as to how helpful it is I am not sure. I would assume a little protection is better then no protection. But it would be better on a set you have built to fight just them I would assume.

Ethereal armor is the armor type to lessen the damage of ethereal damage (most commonly spirit, but can be Flame added with Fusion Burn..). Personally, I wouldn't pass up on stat/skill/defense techs in exchange for the Spirit Webbing tech. One of the main reasons being that barely 10% of the mobs in Istaria have access to ethereal damage, let alone use it (I have yet to see an Undead Mage use Fusion Burn).

While we're at it, I too have a question. Given that the resistance techs increase armor against the respective damage type, wouldn't that mean that spirit resistance would add ethereal armor, in a sense?
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Ethereal armor only affects damage that says damage is ethereal. This includes spirit bolts, leeches, ethereal blade ability, a deadlands stone's special effect, and other stuff I have no knowledge of. Ethereal armor does not count against non-ethereal damage, not even spirit damage - even though most spirit stuff seems to do eth damage.

Now if you ask, if you have both spirit resist and eth armor on you how does it affect spirit bolt damage, I say I've no idea. Technically speaking, spirit bolt has two damage types, spirit and ethereal (as would a fusion-burned fire spell or eth-bladed melee attack). How the server side decides to handle it, as double-type damage or as ethereal damage alone, who knows. A question for the devs, certainly.[:)]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Put it this way, mobs have more ethereal armour right now then any person can seemingly get. They get a ridiculous amount so that TG could nerf reavers, and the damage done by spirit bolts is still about 200, so whatever armour you can get isn't going to help enough... its better to get for focus so you evade the bolts more, imo.

Spirit Bolt does spirit damage that is ethereal, that is it ignores normal armor.

It does not, however, ignore resistances, so yes Spirit Resistance would be better against both spirit spells/abilities that do ethereal damage (Spirit Bolt, Ethereal Leech, Paroxysm, Soul Link) and those that don't (Theft of Life, Syphon, Area Syphon).

Spirit Resistance won't help you against Fusion Burn flame spells (Flame Resistance would), nor against Ethereal Blade (Slash Resistance would).

So, ethereal armor-reducesethereal damage of any type, resistances - reduce damage of acertain type (ethereal or not).

Ashtoreth, Order

Thread Information