Thread: Quests suggestion for dragons

Default Quests suggestion for dragons

Since I rarely loot any hoardable stuff from the regular mobs and I like doing quests like ARoP.

I would really like to see either the trophy hunter or a completely different NPC give out quests that dont give a cash or XP reward...
    I would like to see that the random quests given to be either Craft or Adventuring of nature...
    I would like to see both adventuring and optionally crafting to have 3 different choices... Beginner, Journeyman or Expert...

I would like to see the Adventuring quests be a short combination of Killing mobs (self looting certain mob tokens or tech components as proof) and talking to various NPC's.
    Beginner: Minor NPC contact and little killing of normal mobs. (short quest)
    Journeymen: Minor NPC contact and a reasonable amount of killing both named and mostly normal mobs.. (longer quest)
    Expert: Reasonable amount of NPC contact and a reasonable amount of killing both named and normal mobs in equal amount. (longest quest)

(optional)
    I would like to see the crafting quests to be a combination of bare stuff or teched stuff.
    Beginner: Crafted stuff is unteched.
    Journeymen: Crafted stuff is teched, but components dont have to be self looted.
    Expert: Crafted stuff is teched, but 25-50% of the components have to be self looted.

Quests and of course the rewards would be given according to tier:
    Beginner: Bell - Journeymen: Urn - Expert: Crown
    Tier 1 (lvl 0-19) : Brass
    Tier 2 (lvl 20-39): Silvered
    Tier 3 (lvl 40-59): Golden
    Tier 4 (lvl 60-79): Platinum
    Tier 5 (lvl 80-99): Royal
    Tier 6 (lvl 100-120) :Imperial

This is not because I am a lazy dragon, but I think that my 4mil. worth of hoard is filled by 95% scales and thats not right...
    I like to do quests that actually take some time and effort to complete.

With quests like this more costly hoard abilities could be added in the future...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Re: Quests suggestion for dragons

Hoard drops pretty good, but this would be nice for low level dragons that do not have high level alts feeding them hoard. Some kind of quests with a hoard reward.

WHile I think more quests with good rewards is a good idea, I really don't see the need for additional ways to get hoard. I started a new dragon a couple months ago (after Skalkaar was put in) and by level 10 my hoard had blossomed to almost 17,000. Enough that the first ability I always used by silver strike.

In addition, there are always lots of hoardables on the consigners. At that rate with both options available,I really don't see the need for additional ways of getting hoard.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Hoard drops pretty good, but this would be nice for low level dragons that do not have high level alts feeding them hoard. Some kind of quests with a hoard reward.
    If you mean tokens as hoard then yes, but let me tell you that I like to go hunting solo and thus tend to kill less mobs per hour then when I fight in a group... [:)]

In my personal experiences hoard items hardly drop for me and if it drops it is barely enough to replenish all that I lost in order to get the item in the first place... [:S]

Unity indeed has dragons who claim to have 40-50+mil hoard, if this is true I dont know and how that get it is their concern... [:)]

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    WHile I think more quests with good rewards is a good idea, I really don't see the need for additional ways to get hoard. I started a new dragon a couple months ago (after Skalkaar was put in) and by level 10 my hoard had blossomed to almost 17,000. Enough that the first ability I always used by silver strike.

In addition, there are always lots of hoardables on the consigners. At that rate with both options available,I really don't see the need for additional ways of getting hoard.

- Amon
    First of I want to thank you Amon for responding, but I was thinking about posting this for many days...
    Your idea of checking the consigners is a good one and I tend to check the consigners, but that requires 2 things...

First of it requires that Hoard itemsare actuallythere.
    Kion is the most commenly used consigner on Unity for as far as I know with mostly 1000+ items and the last few days that I have been playing it has been low on items or they are sold at prices that I am not willing to pay...
    And buying the stuff requires cash which has been quite low in my purse since 90% of non-WA mobs stopped dropping many months ago have been...
    And I dont feel much for spending days... weeks... months... crafting gems and pawning them in order to pay for some items in consigner...
    That time would then be better spend crafting scales and hoarding them...

I made this post because I like to do extended quests (like (A)RoP, BoF3, BoL1and some of theDimensional pocketquests) which require both playing UPS/DHL and fighting...
    And the idea of getting a nice reward for doing a quest which lasts ranging 30 minutes to a few hours is a nice bonus [A]...
    I enjoy playing my dragon, but I dont feel much like grinding another 21 mil. hoard so that I have my full potentional...
    Its not that I am not dedicated enough, but try grinding 21 mil. on scales... [:'(]
    Since this is all that is left for me at the moment before I trully hit rock bottom, or was it the ceiling... [8-)]
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Sorry Amon, but as a true Lunus dragon I cannot and willnot pay any amount of money for hoard items. No matter how many hoard items are on the consigners or how cheap they are sold for.

It would be just the same as pumping coin into my hoard. And that is a thing you'll never find me doing.

However, accepting gifts from those untrustworthy naka duskael is another thing. Unfortunately most of them are poorly educated in how to approach a dragon, who clearly stands above them in the evolutional chain.

If I were a Helian I might consider asking those two-leggers to give away the hoardable items they find on their journeys. But since I am a Lunus Dragon I expect them to hand over the shiny things on their own with the knowledge that they won't be eaten that day if they do so.

*walks away from soap box as it finally gives way to his weight, leaving a pile of wooden splinters behind*

Hoard = Candy

Lunus or Helian, it's extremely easy to max out your hoard just by fighting. I've seriously had 100,000 hv in items and no one would want them when I'd broadcast in marketplace. I consigned them for 10c each and it still took days for them to disappear.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Hoard = Candy

Lunus or Helian, it's extremely easy to max out your hoard just by fighting. I've seriously had 100,000 hv in items and no one would want them when I'd broadcast in marketplace. I consigned them for 10c each and it still took days for them to disappear.
    Then could you please inform me about which mobs you kill to get so much hoard...

I have tried many types of mobs, from WA, to golems, to wolves, to ogres and pygmies, but hardly any stuff drops and because dragons are not equiped with nice heals and we must go for fast kills hoard is spend quite fast...
    And besides 100,000 hv is hardly good for maxing out hoard unless you get it per hour...
    Its a nice addition, but it will never be enough to actually gain 25,000,000 hoard especially not at the rate hoard has to be spend in order to normally get the stuff...

I know several dragon players that have recently entered the game. All of which have had no trouble getting enough hoardables from fighting any monster on their own time. Even with the most aggressive use of hoard abilities, no capable dragon should run out of hoard in combat. Hoard drops equally for all monsters as well, there is no difference in what you fight. Tulga can't be blamed for a lack of combat prowness by it's playerbase. There will not be quests to give out hoard like there are for experience.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

First of all...
    I have no thoughts what so ever that this would actually happen, not for a long time... But this part of the forum seems to be called SUGGESTIONS and therefor I am allowed to vent an idea I have without being called lazy by you...
    Why you even respond to this suggestion if all you can do is whine about it...

Second... You play a dragon yourself?
    If not you can have no idea about how it is to play one...

And thirdif I go solo hunting various mobs for a few hours and I make use of my hoard abilities except Shield of Gold andI barely loot enough hoard (including tokens) to cover for my expences I am done with hunting very quickly...
    Apart from the fact that I personally dont like to spend hours and hours with the mass slaughter of hundreds of animals...
    And this has nothing to do with the "lack of combat prowness by it's playerbase"...
    The simple fact is that I would like something else to do then either go mass gem pawning or mass slaughtering...
    It is not that as dragon I can simply start a new school and have fun that way...

It is just plain and simply that I for one like doing quests and I dont care how long it takes before I actually complete it...
    If you had read my post in the first place you would know this, but all you seem to be doing is whine about it...

he's the troll of dragon suggestions just ignore him =p

I would rather eat him... [:P]

I have a hatchling, that yes is an alt, but has seemed not to have much problems haveing horde donated to him... well up to the tune of 1.7m now sittin in his horde... He is now lvl 19 and has not scale or spell horded more then perhaps 1 load of t1 spells... as that is definately not the way to collect horde... The best thing he has done is to be at the right place at the right time... them bipeds are always lookin to lighten their load of them hoardables.

Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

In the early days when I was still a newbie and the choice of becomming a Lunus or Helian was still something for the distant future...
    I have had bipeds give me hoard items indeed...
    Therefor I am not saying bipeds are bad and will never say anything of the sort...
    There are rotten apples in any race... [:P]

Now that I have grown towards a fully grown Adult Lunus dragonI would like to doquests for the greater good of the Lunus (andfor the protection of the Helians [:P])and I dont care if that quest is for example:
    1) Kill a few ogre's/pygmies who roam to close to Dralk
    2) Kill some WA in the WD who have become a threat to Vladimir the Chronicler
    3) Killing of mobs in distant Draak in the hopes it weakens them enough in preperation for a possible take over or liberationby the Lunus... [;)]
    4) Perhaps some delivery ofstuff to various dragons outside Dralk and/or Chiconis...
    All I ask for these quests is 1 hoard item which size depending on the difficulty of the quest...
    It would not only keep me and others busy, but it is also fun to travel around kill stuff, deliver stuff... what ever... or something else butXP (which I dont need) or cash (which Ineed but prefere hoard)... [:D]
    And if I fight my battles wisely with little hoardabilities used my hoard would rise while I am having fun... 2 positive things... [:)]

Thread Information